Search found 212 matches

Return to advanced search

Re: Any Stock & Barrel club members?

Question for members - if you have a membership can you bring a guest to share your lane? Nominal fee for guests. I’ll have to stop over and check it out. How nominal is nominal? I think it was like $10-$15. I've never brought a guest, but they tried to charge me once for my for my kid even though ...
by MasonK
on Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:01 am
 
Forum: General Gun Chat
Topic: Any Stock & Barrel club members?
Replies: 24
Views: 1559

Re: Any Stock & Barrel club members?

Ghost wrote:Question for members - if you have a membership can you bring a guest to share your lane?


Nominal fee for guests.
by MasonK
on Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:56 am
 
Forum: General Gun Chat
Topic: Any Stock & Barrel club members?
Replies: 24
Views: 1559

Re: Geissele SSA-E Issues

Just heard back from Geissele CS. They looked at the pics and said everything looks in order.

Current recommendation from them is that I should adjust my grip to see if that makes a difference.
by MasonK
on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:17 pm
 
Forum: Long Guns
Topic: Geissele SSA-E Issues
Replies: 17
Views: 224

Re: Stock and Barrel Club - Draw From Holster Class

gun_fan111v2 wrote:Thanks for sharing, did they allow IWB holsters?


Most people had IWBs. I was one of two OWB users. Most of the instruction was centered around drawing from IWB under a shirt. I use an OWB under a suit coat, so I trained with how I normally carry.
by MasonK
on Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:59 pm
 
Forum: Reviews
Topic: Stock and Barrel Club - Draw From Holster Class
Replies: 2
Views: 118

Re: Geissele SSA-E Issues

Could the gun be cycling but short stroking? Heavy buffer? Not enough gas? I am not that familiar with AR triggers but this one does not seem to have any adjustment screws. I was thinking about that, but short stroking wouldn't allow for the next round to get picked up. The hammer gets dropped into...
by MasonK
on Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:56 pm
 
Forum: Long Guns
Topic: Geissele SSA-E Issues
Replies: 17
Views: 224

Re: CALIFORNIA SUES THE ATF TO STOP 80% LOWERS NATIONWIDE!

Not bad enough that their senators can imposed their will on the rest of the country, now their AG is doing it.
by MasonK
on Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:27 pm
 
Forum: In The News
Topic: CALIFORNIA SUES THE ATF TO STOP 80% LOWERS NATIONWIDE!
Replies: 12
Views: 243

Re: Geissele SSA-E Issues

When you say "dead trigger" what do you mean? When the problem occurs, does the hammer follow the bolt closed or is it locked back? The hammer is following the bolt into the closed position. The gun fires, bolt cycles, new round is chambered, but it appears that the hammer isn't being cap...
by MasonK
on Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:17 am
 
Forum: Long Guns
Topic: Geissele SSA-E Issues
Replies: 17
Views: 224

Re: Geissele SSA-E Issues

Hammer spring is seated correctly; I can verify that visually. The spring rides a lot higher than a mil spec trigger spring. I should have attached the hammer down pic as well since it's easier to see the spring is behind the hammer. Also, I don't think the hammer would work at all if it was backwar...
by MasonK
on Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:47 am
 
Forum: Long Guns
Topic: Geissele SSA-E Issues
Replies: 17
Views: 224

Stock and Barrel Club - AR-15 For Defense 1

AR-15 For Defense 1 ($125) Pros: Close quarter drills beyond the firing line, practice shooting while there is another muzzle 18” from your head, great instructors (Kevin and Tom). Cons: Very basic. Like YouTube-for-beginners-video basic. This was a con for me, but there was only one other student t...
by MasonK
on Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:20 am
 
Forum: Reviews
Topic: Stock and Barrel Club - AR-15 For Defense 1
Replies: 1
Views: 63

Stock and Barrel Club - Draw From Holster Class

Draw from holster ($149): Pros: Fun atmosphere, grants the privilege to draw from the holster at the firing line, cool instructor (Kevin) Cons: The draw they teach is very safe, but also not the most efficient. Good for first-time shooters to gain confidence, but not the draw you want in muscle memo...
by MasonK
on Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:15 am
 
Forum: Reviews
Topic: Stock and Barrel Club - Draw From Holster Class
Replies: 2
Views: 118

Re: Geissele SSA-E Issues

speedy396 wrote:Maybe check that you have the hammer spring installed correctly.


Looks right to me, but here it is:

Image
by MasonK
on Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:04 am
 
Forum: Long Guns
Topic: Geissele SSA-E Issues
Replies: 17
Views: 224

Re: Geissele SSA-E Issues

Ghost wrote:Which model trigger?


SSA-E
by MasonK
on Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:40 pm
 
Forum: Long Guns
Topic: Geissele SSA-E Issues
Replies: 17
Views: 224

Geissele SSA-E Issues

I installed my first Geissele trigger into the DD5V3 and immediately started having issues. Hoping someone here has a fix or I’ll just call customer service. The issue is the hammer not resetting properly after firing. The gun cycles normally, but I had many dead triggers on a loaded chamber. Inspec...
by MasonK
on Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:58 pm
 
Forum: Long Guns
Topic: Geissele SSA-E Issues
Replies: 17
Views: 224

Re: The violence extended to the suburbs.

yukonjasper wrote:...The implications of this article is that the Doctor resisted the criminal and therefore was shot.


He should have heeded the advice of the MPD and been prepared to comply and give up his stuff.

It's just stuff, after all.

//sarcasm.
by MasonK
on Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:19 am
 
Forum: In The News
Topic: The violence extended to the suburbs.
Replies: 12
Views: 499

Re: How Guns Twist the Logic of Self-Defense Laws

But if Grosskreutz believed that Rittenhouse was a shooter on a spree — because Rittenhouse had just killed two men — then it also defies common sense to think that Rittenhouse was entitled to shoot him in self-defense just because Grosskreutz was armed. What about Grosskreutz’s right to self-defen...
by MasonK
on Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:02 am
 
Forum: In The News
Topic: How Guns Twist the Logic of Self-Defense Laws
Replies: 31
Views: 814
Next

Return to advanced search

cron