Ammo price site

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Ammo price site

Postby Jackpine Savage on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:27 am

I just ran across a slick site that allows you to search ammo prices by caliber and manufacturer for 6 different vendors. It says beta in the site name, so it may have a few bugs yet.

http://www.ammodaily.com/
Jackpine Savage

Re: Ammo price site

Postby gman1868 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:24 pm

What is the story on Ultramx ammo? Any good?
Living the Armed Lifestyle
gman1868

Postby mnglocker on Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:54 pm

gman1868 wrote:What is the story on Ultramx ammo? Any good?

It's a mixed bag, it's factory reloaded. Typically LC, Rem, Win, or Fed brass. They don't use millspec primers, so slam fires have happend to one of my friends in his AR. It's dirty ass stuff, but if you don't mind scrubbing the piss out of your gun afterwards it gives you a fun/loud way to get more decent brass for reloading.
-Get a rope Tuco.
What happens in the basement stays in the basement.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
mnglocker

Postby Fast351 on Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:02 pm

That's a pretty nice service that site provides.
Fast351

Postby rtk on Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:57 pm

mnglocker wrote:
gman1868 wrote:What is the story on Ultramx ammo? Any good?

It's a mixed bag, it's factory reloaded. Typically LC, Rem, Win, or Fed brass. They don't use millspec primers, so slam fires have happend to one of my friends in his AR. It's dirty ass stuff, but if you don't mind scrubbing the piss out of your gun afterwards it gives you a fun/loud way to get more decent brass for reloading.

I purchased some Ultramax awhile ago and was using it at an indoor range. After about 20 rounds down the pipe the air around me was so filled with smoke and debris I could not even see my target.

rtk
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby mnglocker on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:09 pm

rtk wrote:I purchased some Ultramax awhile ago and was using it at an indoor range. After about 20 rounds down the pipe the air around me was so filled with smoke and debris I could not even see my target.

rtk

What cal ?
-Get a rope Tuco.
What happens in the basement stays in the basement.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
mnglocker

Postby rtk on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:20 pm

mnglocker wrote:
rtk wrote:I purchased some Ultramax awhile ago and was using it at an indoor range. After about 20 rounds down the pipe the air around me was so filled with smoke and debris I could not even see my target.

rtk

What cal ?

9mm
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby attack5 on Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:45 pm

rtk wrote:
mnglocker wrote:

rtk

What cal ?

9mm

Yup, I was at BVP a few weeks ago and some dude next to me was shooting ultramax .45 in his 1911 and that **** was so smoky and nasty, I almost choked him out but couldn't cause I was choking on all the nasty smoke. That wasn't the worst part of the trip that day as some ridiculously fat guy and his fat buddy kept **** with their Beretta's on the table :evil: .

Ultramax is a nogo indoors.
attack5

Postby cobb on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:43 pm

Maybe it was really handloads that the guy just stuffed in an old Ultramax ammo box? Not saying it so, but you may have just given some ideas as to how camouflage our handloads with the crappy lube. :lol:
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby Aceq2jot on Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:33 am

I have bought a few boxes of the 223 a few times from Sportsmans and over at Joes, and cannot complain. I have also noticed i get better groupings with Ultramax then i do with the Lake city mil surp that i own. And does it really matter how dirty your gun gets?? I dont care as the first thing i do when i get home is clean them, some people i know do a field strip and clean right there at the range, so your going to clean it anyhow just buy some nitrile gloves :D
Really i am your worst Nightmare, for i walk the night and the cover of darkness belongs to me :D

You cant make a pile of Dog shat smell like a rose a bunch of Roses, so why try ???
Aceq2jot

Postby justaguy on Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:03 am

Buy a Glock and you wont have to worry about cleaning.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby attack5 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:43 am

cobb wrote:Maybe it was really handloads that the guy just stuffed in an old Ultramax ammo box? Not saying it so, but you may have just given some ideas as to how camouflage our handloads with the crappy lube. :lol:

Cobb, Good point. I revise my statement to: if you shoot indoors next to me and make me choke on ________ (insert smoky, nasty ammo here) ammo, I will in-turn choke you out. :mrgreen:
attack5

Postby Einthoven's Triangle on Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:00 am

I have had experience with Ultra Max ammo, some 308 was causing rims to be pulled off in a DPMS LR308, and the stuff had no accuracy either. Now, DPMS is notorious for having tight chambers and then do seem to be emphatic about using quality ammo.......there have been similar incidents with 223 loaded by Ultra Max with case head seperations upon firing. Now, too each his own, but I put Ultra max in the same category as American Ammo, and Georgia Arms 223 Canned Heat. Just best to stay away from it! Shooting has gotten expensive that is for sure. That ammo price sight does not seem to list if the stuff is available either. Sportsmans Guide is notorious for being out of stock, with the proverbial we expect.....in stock.....by........

One thing is that most of the premium defensive ammo is in 20ct boxes for higher prices then 50ct boxes at Streichers.
Einthoven's Triangle

Postby achey on Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:57 am

Ultramax is ok if you don't need to be at a major power factor. Last year at the MN sectional I had to buy some ammo as to not being ready with reloads. Any how the ammo ran great just not even close to major power. It was a little dirty though. For bought ammo it is good for practice.

achey
achey

Postby Pat on Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:18 pm

Anybody know who makes Cabela's reloaded bulk ammo? I was at their Rogers store today, and none of the sales staff seemed to know.
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Next

Return to Ammunition & Reloading