Prices..

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: Prices..

Postby Tronster on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:19 pm

Post election 2008/2009 was not the best time to buy ammo, but after a couple years when prices normalized and the shelves were stocked you should have been stockpiling for the next shortage. 2008 was a hint that "Hey, this stuff won't always be around to buy at the drop of a hat". Guys laughed at me when I bought 9mm and .22 by the thousand (with plenty still on the shelf for the next guy) and now they are asking if they can buy some off me.

Ammo wasn't as cheap as years and years ago, but I wasn't into shooting back then and I missed that boat as well and don't cry about it. Belive me I'd rather buy 9mm WWB for $10 a box instead of $25 last year, but $25 is better than $45 a box on gunbroker today.
Tronster

Postby yuppiejr on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:43 pm

LePetomane wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:What, exactly, is your problem?? Weren't you a shooter in 2008 at all, or do you have some sort of memory loss??

People who pontificate and infer memory loss on those who do not comply with their way of thinking.

There is a link between aluminum toxicity and memory loss, the hat can't be helping your cause.

yuppiejr

Postby LePetomane on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Yuppiejr, You will wish you had a tin foil suit and hat as BHO and Mark and his Merry Men continue their brainwashing. Actually that link was proven wrong a while ago. Is this all you libs have to do is cite old myths to make yourself look intelligent.

And put a tinfoil cap on that little squirt in your avatar so he doesn't get indoctrinated by the libs here.
Last edited by LePetomane on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Seismic Sam on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:33 pm

Actually, just ran into a guy at OGC who said he just bought a 525 brick for $12.95 today at FF Oakdale, which seemed to him to be a normal price.

So, what exactly, do your remember 525 brick 22LR prices to be before the 1st Tuesday in November of 2008?? Give us a number, or admit you don't remember or didn't know. Hard number, please!!
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby LePetomane on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:Actually, just ran into a guy at OGC who said he just bought a 525 brick for $12.95 today at FF Oakdale, which seemed to him to be a normal price.

So, what exactly, do your remember 525 brick 22LR prices to be before the 1st Tuesday in November of 2008?? Give us a number, or admit you don't remember or didn't know. Hard number, please!!

I don't remember due to my memory loss that you alluded to, nor do I care.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Seismic Sam on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:11 pm

LePetomane wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:Actually, just ran into a guy at OGC who said he just bought a 525 brick for $12.95 today at FF Oakdale, which seemed to him to be a normal price.

If you don't remember and don't care about it, then why did you post this in a rather stuffy manner in the first place??? Hmmmmm?

It looks as if they have escaped you as well. You are implying that 2008 was the time to stockpile ammo. Would you care to enlighten us what the ammo prices were in 2008?
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Tronster on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:45 pm

Some people are just pissed the ammo market dried up and they got left holding an empty ammo can saying "But I wasn't ready yet".

We should be thankful all we have to deal with now is the ammo marketplace imbalance which will correct itself after 6 months to a year, not an AWB deadline.

It's not the ammo hoarders that are causing this shortage, it's the new shooters and those who didn't plan ahead that are buying everything in sight right now.
Tronster

Postby Slayer_MN1 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:13 am

If you don't remember and don't care about it, then why did you post this in a rather stuffy manner in the first place??? Hmmmmm?

It looks as if they have escaped you as well. You are implying that 2008 was the time to stockpile ammo. Would you care to enlighten us what the ammo prices were in 2008?
[/quote]

I think you've been burned by the reloading troll ;)
"From time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants, and patriots."

Aquitas et Veritas
Slayer_MN1

Postby LePetomane on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:10 am

Seismic Sam wrote:If you don't remember and don't care about it, then why did you post this in a rather stuffy manner in the first place??? Hmmmmm?

I'm always amazed at the sensitive politically correct Minnesota Nice types that I have encountered who feel they can criticize people using derogatory terms like "memory loss" and cry foul when similar comments are returned.
LePetomane

Postby LarryFlew on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:40 am

LePetomane
Another reason is that the supply is limited because of BHO and his cronies sending it to the terrorists in Syria.

You are right Tronster. No .22 lr going to BHO's buddies in Syria. But as the ammo companies fill the government orders first it ties up production time so the ammo that is used by the civilians gets made last, if at all.

And you obviously do not know a damn thing about government contracts.

People who pontificate and infer memory loss on those who do not comply with their way of thinking. Get off your high horse and lighten up a bit.

Seismic Sam

thought the cliff notes where in order
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby LePetomane on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Wow, now available in the Cliff Notes version. yuppiejr, that's not me in that picture. That is a big, fat guy. He looks like he spent too much time eating deep fried food at the state fair. I don't look a bit like him, except for the tin foil.
LePetomane

Postby hoel6466 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:32 pm

Don,

Yeah those prices seem a bit high. I was at Walmart this morning to get a fishing license. I was shocked that they had two boxes of 9mm. My friend then pointed out that they had more 22LR on the shelf than he had seen in years. Turns out they had a shipment of several cases that had just come in. They had Federal and Winchester bulk packs and some of the M-22 1000 Round packs. They wanted $24 for the 500 rnd packs and $50 for the 1000. A little steeper than it used to be but they had it. When looking for ammo I won't pay more than what Wallmart sells it for as it is usually the cheapest price.

While I was trying to get my licence two people called looking for ammo. One of the callers the employee was familiar with and was assuring the person on the other end of the line that there was plenty on the shelf and it should be there for a while as it was a holiday.

Before I posted this I checked armslist to see if anyone had posted ammo for gouger prices and sure as **** there was someone who was selling three boxes of federal bulk. In the picture you could also see three boxes of Winchester bulk.
The Walmart I went to had a three box limit...

Sam,
I agree with you I hope they make it to that special place in hell.
hoel6466

Postby LePetomane on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:23 pm

hoel6466 wrote:They wanted $24 for the 500 rnd packs and $50 for the 1000. A little steeper than it used to be but they had it.

How much cheaper do you think it should be?
LePetomane

Postby hoel6466 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:53 pm

LePetomane wrote:
How much cheaper do you think it should be?

I think it should be at what the market can handle. Unfortunately there are douchebags out there that are responsible for pushing it to its limit.

I'd like to see it back at $15 per 500 someday when this calms down. Not likely though.
hoel6466

Previous

Return to Ammunition & Reloading