.223 Brass processing

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: .223 Brass processing

Postby Bish on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:40 am

Bish

Postby Sigfan220 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:01 am

Yeah that's cool to post you service on his thread. That's a good way to meet new friends....
Sigfan220

Postby OldmanFCSA on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:01 am

Retread1911 did an absolutely GREAT JOB processing about 6-7,000 pcs of 223/5.56x45 brass for me at a price much less expensive than the other site recently referenced. My only issue was at times slightly too much lube was used resulting in a few dented shoulders, a problem I'm sure many of us reloaders have dealt with over the years. The fact that his processed brass was trimmed to length was a big plus for me also.
I only extra I did was to tumble in SS Pins for really clean brass, and to setup my Dillon 550 with a Small Base die to ensure proper function in all 7 of my 223 type semi-auto rifles. I also slightly taper crimp for a smooth transition (my preference only).
OldmanFCSA

Postby CarRacer on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:10 pm

I contacted Retread last week and unfortunately he does not live in MN anymore, he moved to Texas so shipping the brass for him to process would be required.
CarRacer

Postby 67camaro on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:43 pm

Sigfan220 wrote:Yeah that's cool to post you service on his thread. That's a good way to meet new friends....

As CarRacer stated yes retread does live in Texas now. I don't see why posting in a post about brass processing that an alternative in state would be a problem anyways. I was the guy that just had about 2k processed by Bish and he did a great job. He had the brass back to me in 5 days including 1 day shipping each way. And at a far lower price than retreads current prices mind you...
67camaro

Postby Bish on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:50 pm

Sigfan220 wrote:Yeah that's cool to post you service on his thread. That's a good way to meet new friends....

I tried to post a new thread to get feedback, general discussion, and a place for people to ask questions, but a moderator decided that my thread should be in the Market Place where discussion is not preferred.

As CarRacer stated yes retread does live in Texas now. I don't see why posting in a post about brass processing that an alternative in state would be a problem anyways. I was the guy that just had about 2k processed by Bish and he did a great job. He had the brass back to me in 5 days including 1 day shipping each way. And at a far lower price than retreads current prices mind you...

Thank you for the business and the feedback. Also thanks for the extra payment (you didn't have to do that) I put some of it towards insurance on the package back to you. Glad you were happy with the service sorry it took so long to get it done, USPS wouldn't let me ship it out on Sunday.

Bish
Bish

Previous

Return to Ammunition & Reloading