.22 LR

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: .22 LR

Postby grimbeaver on Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:15 pm

Kelor wrote:
win_fcs wrote:Tuesday Sept 9, 2015 no 22 at Fleet Farm or either Walmart in Rochester.
FF says they have not had any for weeks.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd start to think FF has an enemy or two out there, as they clearly have had the lowest supply over the last 2 months than any other larger outlet.

I'll second that theory. They seem to get very very little.
grimbeaver

Postby silvor on Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:45 am

Kelor wrote:
win_fcs wrote:Tuesday Sept 9, 2015 no 22 at Fleet Farm or either Walmart in Rochester.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd start to think FF has an enemy or two out there, as they clearly have had the lowest supply over the last 2 months than any other larger outlet.

A friend of mine told me this story about the Lakeville FF:

He asked the person at FF about .22 ammo and why there's never anything in stock. The FF employee said there's a guy that comes in 3 times a day and checks for ammo. He buys the limit, goes out to the car, comes back in and buys it again. He does this over and over until they are cleaned out. FF employee says it's hard to police this, but there's nothing they can do. I assume he then goes over to Gander too.

I thought they could put the ammo behind the counter to maybe discourage this? But who knows?

Anyway, this is the story I was told.
silvor

Postby yuppiejr on Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:43 am

When XM855 in the 30 caliber cans was the hot item I was chatting with one of the gun counter guys who straight out bragged that he'd set aside 2 cans for a friend and 2 more for himself in the back room because they were going on sale the next day. It wouldn't take more than one or two employees at a couple of local stores doing something of the sort to seriously disrupt the flow of high demand items to the sales floor, 22 LR included.

Compared to most of the big chains like Wal Mart, Cabelas and Gander Mountain (plus the various other large regional players that don't show up in MN like Academy) or the smaller gun shops buying from a larger wholesaler, Mills is smaller potatoes and may not have the sort of direct buying power/influence to get .22 LR as frequently as others.
yuppiejr

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:29 pm

silvor wrote:
Kelor wrote:

He asked the person at FF about .22 ammo and why there's never anything in stock. The FF employee said there's a guy that comes in 3 times a day and checks for ammo. He buys the limit, goes out to the car, comes back in and buys it again. He does this over and over until they are cleaned out. FF employee says it's hard to police this, but there's nothing they can do. I assume he then goes over to Gander too.

I thought they could put the ammo behind the counter to maybe discourage this? But who knows?

So does he the go up to Fergus, Alex, and Blaine too? I hit these 3 every other week (Blaine is on opposing weeks). Never see any .22 there any more.
Holland&Holland

Postby silvor on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:29 am

So does he the go up to Fergus, Alex, and Blaine too? I hit these 3 every other week (Blaine is on opposing weeks). Never see any .22 there any more.[/quote]

Just relaying what the guy at FF Lakeville said. Do with it what you want.
silvor

Postby shotz90s on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:58 pm

If anyone is near Cabelas in Rogers and needs ammo, they have a ton of it. Had CCI, Federal copper plate hp, Thunderbolt, Remington round and the Bucket O Bullets. I got the last of what I needed and left the rest for others. It was like Christmas with all the smiling faces haha.
shotz90s

Postby tenmilmag on Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:06 pm

JHC! 100 count Sleeves of CCI .22LR seen at MWCA state fair grounds this weekend for $15 & $18 :(
I did score a couple 50 count boxes of Remington UMC 230 gr for $15 each tho :)
tenmilmag

Postby 870TC on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:47 am

tenmilmag wrote:JHC! 100 count Sleeves of CCI .22LR seen at MWCA state fair grounds this weekend for $15 & $18 :(

Yep, those guys are one of the reasons people have a hard time finding ammo at a store.
870TC

Postby photogpat on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:53 am

Stop buying it every time you see it - prices and availability will go back to normal.

Just sayin'
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby shotz90s on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:55 am

photogpat wrote:Stop buying it every time you see it - prices and availability will go back to normal.

Just sayin'

But how can I make extra beer money if I don't grab it every time it comes out? Kidding. Sadly good advice that only those of us w/ a conscience will follow.
shotz90s

Postby ranger on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:16 am

CCI .22LR Standard Velocity, 300 round, Christmas/New Years Gift box. Kind of a cool item, but a little spendy after adding the shipping cost though. ;)
http://www.slickguns.com/product/cci-st ... -years-gif
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Postby ex-LT on Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:10 pm

photogpat wrote:Stop buying it every time you see it - prices and availability will go back to normal.

Just sayin'

Possibly, but if I don't buy it every time I see it in the store, I'll never get any. In the last two years, I've seen .22LR at the Lakeville FF exactly TWICE (both in the last six months). I picked up 5 50-round boxes the first time, and 1 100-round box the second time. Other than that, I've seen it Dick's (picked up 325 round boxes at Richfield and Burnsville), and Gander (5 100-round boxes ordered online, shipped to the Lakeville store).
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby photogpat on Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:15 pm

ex-LT wrote:

Just sayin'

Possibly, but if I don't buy it every time I see it in the store, I'll never get any. In the last two years, I've seen .22LR at the Lakeville FF exactly TWICE (both in the last six months). I picked up 5 50-round boxes the first time, and 1 100-round box the second time. Other than that, I've seen it Dick's (picked up 325 round boxes at Richfield and Burnsville), and Gander (5 100-round boxes ordered online, shipped to the Lakeville store).

You're familiar with the analogy of death by a thousand cuts? One doesn't matter...but add 999 more....
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Snakeman721 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:37 pm

shotz90s wrote:If anyone is near Cabelas in Rogers and needs ammo, they have a ton of it. Had CCI, Federal copper plate hp, Thunderbolt, Remington round and the Bucket O Bullets. I got the last of what I needed and left the rest for others. It was like Christmas with all the smiling faces haha.

Not any more. Only thing on the shelf was Winchester hypervelocity box of 50 for $9.99. Sorry, I'll take a pass....still waiting for some bulk packs to show up.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby ranger on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:11 am

CCI Standards at Glen's Army Navy, $3.75/50. Limit 40.
http://www.glensoutdoors.com/cci-standa ... ounds.html
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Ammunition & Reloading