Gunstop, Im done with you.

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: Gunstop, Im done with you.

Postby Sigfan220 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:06 pm

smurfman wrote:As mentioned, it depends on which "John" you talk to. If it is "old" John which I have been dealing with since 1976, things go pretty good. He is not quite as upbeat as he was before his medical scare but he is friendly and very helpful. :shock:

If it is "big" John (or whatever the guy's name who has been working there since "old" John's medical problem or maybe a little before) then you are going to experience the epitome of poor customer service. If he is working there I will look to see if they have what I want on hand and then come back later when "old" John is there. I won't do business with "big" John as he is so rude and difficult to deal with. If this guy is going to be the one taking over from "old" John when he retires then Gunstop's reloading side will be a place I no longer patronize.

It's not even worth talking to "big John". I think he hates life or something, it's like he tries to piss you off. I tried talking to him a couple times, that was enough.
Sigfan220

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Sigfan220 wrote:
smurfman wrote:As mentioned, it depends on which "John" you talk to. If it is "old" John which I have been dealing with since 1976, things go pretty good. He is not quite as upbeat as he was before his medical scare but he is friendly and very helpful. :shock:

If it is "big" John (or whatever the guy's name who has been working there since "old" John's medical problem or maybe a little before) then you are going to experience the epitome of poor customer service. If he is working there I will look to see if they have what I want on hand and then come back later when "old" John is there. I won't do business with "big" John as he is so rude and difficult to deal with. If this guy is going to be the one taking over from "old" John when he retires then Gunstop's reloading side will be a place I no longer patronize.

It's not even worth talking to "big John". I think he hates life or something, it's like he tries to piss you off. I tried talking to him a couple times, that was enough.

When "Old John" was out for his heart issue, I made the mistake of going in when Fat John (yes I'm qualified to call others fat) was working. I entered the store and he was standing behind the counter. I politely said "good morning"...ZERO Reply. I stopped dead in my tracks, looked at him and said "THE COMMON F$$CKING REPLY IS GOOD MORNING" (Yes the caps, meant I was quite loud). The SOB never replied. I then turned toward the door and told him that he could "STICK HIS INVENTORY UP HIS A$$) and I walked out. I refused to deal with a Douche-bag. I was told there was another guy working different days and that's when I went back. It was like night and day. The other guy was helpful and pleasant. Now that "Old John" is back, I enjoy my visits there to pickup items needed.

If "Old John" retires and Fat John takes over, it will be a COLD day in hell before he get's a penny from me!
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Rodentman on Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:46 pm

I get the vast majority of my stuff on line now, and having a Cabela's in Woodbury is handy. They don't know much, but I can have stuff shipped there. It's a long drive to Gunstop and I haven't been there in awhile. Thin John is a great guy and I have found some good gun deals on the other side, but there are other sources, and Big John is a complete turn-off, putting it kindly.
Rodentman

Postby smurfman on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:28 pm

I feel pretty fortunate as I have had big John actually speak at me. Of course, it was something he was not happy about and he was rather snarky. I now wish I would have actually pointed the gun at him rather than at the lights well over his head. Being it was a 458 mag, I guess he would have had some anxiety over it.
'
As mentioned, I won't enter the reloading side if big John ever takes over, the gun side does have some deals and interesting old stuff now and then.
smurfman

Postby grimbeaver on Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:45 am

BigDog58 wrote:I was told there was another guy working different days and that's when I went back. It was like night and day. The other guy was helpful and pleasant.

Yeah the other guy is good to deal with, not sure his name. I was not reloading yet when John was out so I've never had to deal with big John and he's never been running the counter when I've gone in. It's my understanding he mostly stays in back and runs the internet sales.
grimbeaver

Postby Squib Joe on Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:20 am

I've never met the guy in question, but it reminds me of the parable "If you run into an ******* in the morning, you ran into an *******. If you run into ******** all day, you're the *******."
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Previous

Return to Ammunition & Reloading