Induction Annealing Machine

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Induction Annealing Machine

Postby BigDog58 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:19 pm

I am in the planning stages of building an Induction Annealer for doing mainly my 50 BMG Brass, but it will also be capable of doing my smaller calibers as well. I'm wondering in any of you have built your own, or have attempted? Your input will be welcomed.

My plans as of now, are to try using a Computer Case (old case) to hold my components. I plan to also use a computer water cooled system and if any of you have experience with using water cooling on a PC, your experiences will be greatly appreciated. My main reason for using the PC case is I have a couple available, and they already have case cooling fans, for creating cooling air for all of the components.

It is not going to be a quick build, because I will be buying the parts, one at a time, as funds allow. As far as my plans stand at the moment, I should be able to build this for about 1/3 of what the go for at retail pricing. Plus, it can be made to fit my own specific needs.

Thanks,

BD
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Re: Induction Annealing Machine

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:26 pm

Doug Giraud Had his inductive Annealing machine set up at Camp Perry.

Pretty Cool.

If I shot an obscure caliber, I'd own one
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby grimbeaver on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:00 am

I have been giving thought to building an annealing machine but have not gotten very far either.

Have you looked at this one?
http://forum.accurateshooter.com/thread ... x.3908353/

grimbeaver

Postby FJ540 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:04 am

grimbeaver wrote:I have been giving thought to building an annealing machine but have not gotten very far either.

Have you looked at this one?
http://forum.accurateshooter.com/thread ... x.3908353/

Set that up with a case feeder and you could let it run lights-out.
FJ540

Postby BigDog58 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:18 am

I have looked at the one mentioned above. I also have the schematics and parts list that a friend in WI (he shoots 50's with Oldman and I) has built.

I'm guessing that when I'm finally able to build it, it will be somewhat of a combination of several. It's main use will be 50 BMG cases, with the ability to anneal smaller cases as well. Finances, will regulate the speed of the build. As I think of building this, I keep hearing the old Johnny Cash song, I Built it One Piece At a Time :o
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Return to Ammunition & Reloading