Can someone check their Speer Manual #14 for a specific load

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Can someone check their Speer Manual #14 for a specific load

Postby linksep on Wed May 17, 2017 12:30 am

I'm looking for a published .40 S&W 180gr Flat-Point Plated bullet over Bullseye load. (Berry's to be specific, but I figure Speer 180gr FP-Plated should be close enough to share charge weights.)

My Lee and Lyman manuals don't have it, nor does the Alliant website.

Hodgdon website has Berry's 180gr FP over lots of their powders, I just want to try Bullseye under that projectile if I can find a load for it (because I have some Bullseye to try out).

I'm not looking for someone to give me the actual recipe... if it's in the manual, I'll buy the manual and read the recipe myself.
linksep

Re: Can someone check their Speer Manual #14 for a specific load

Postby JJ on Wed May 17, 2017 7:45 am

Looking at it right now. it's in the manual, but the max is for all 180g loads (and is 0.2 lower than listed on the Alliant site)
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby Seismic Sam on Wed May 17, 2017 8:51 am

Geez - that's a first!! The person asking for the load info doesn't want the actual charge weight, because he's going to out and buy the manual anyway. Then again, with 368 posts linksep isn't even close to a n00b....
Seismic Sam

Postby linksep on Wed May 17, 2017 9:50 pm

If anyone has any alternate sources for that bullet and powder combo from a trusted publisher I'm open to suggestions. Speer manual is the only one I could think of...
linksep

Return to Ammunition & Reloading