new website find

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

new website find

Postby LarryFlew on Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:51 pm

might be good for beginners

http://www.natoreloading.com/9mm/
I wondered why the frisby kept getting bigger and bigger - and then it hit me.
User avatar
LarryFlew
 
Posts: 4570 [View]
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:37 am
Location: Young America - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Re: new website find

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:57 pm

Thanks for sharing. They have some interesting loads.
Jackpine Savage
 
Posts: 961 [View]
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:45 am
Location: west central MN

Re: new website find

Postby aprilian on Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:06 pm

Some of the tests were at 5 yards. Not sure what accuracy conclusions you can reach with 1 target of 3 shots at 5 yards.
aprilian
 
Posts: 134 [View]
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:51 pm

Re: new website find

Postby grimbeaver on Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:24 am

I do like the fact that they have pictures of most of the powders.
grimbeaver
 
Posts: 784 [View]
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:50 am

Re: new website find

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:59 am

aprilian wrote:Some of the tests were at 5 yards. Not sure what accuracy conclusions you can reach with 1 target of 3 shots at 5 yards.

At least they hit the target :twisted:
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 9584 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: new website find

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:40 pm

Damn, I now know what I've been doing wrong - shooting at targets 25 to 40 yards away!!!

I should be shooting groups at 5 yards with my Berettas.

(As long as large targets are used. Not the 1/2" diameter adhesive dots I use for 600 yards with my RPR 338LM.)
OldmanFCSA
 
Posts: 3002 [View]
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:55 pm
Location: Osceola, WI.

Re: new website find

Postby BigDog58 on Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:48 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:Damn, I now know what I've been doing wrong - shooting at targets 25 to 40 yards away!!!

I should be shooting groups at 5 yards with my Berettas.

(As long as large targets are used. Not the 1/2" diameter adhesive dots I use for 600 yards with my RPR 338LM.)


Aren't you using the same dots you were using a year ago? Maybe, you just use them as a Suggested target point :rotf:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
User avatar
BigDog58
 
Posts: 2546 [View]
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:03 am
Location: Edina, MN

Re: new website find

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:36 am

BigDog58 wrote:
OldmanFCSA wrote:Damn, I now know what I've been doing wrong - shooting at targets 25 to 40 yards away!!!

I should be shooting groups at 5 yards with my Berettas.

(As long as large targets are used. Not the 1/2" diameter adhesive dots I use for 600 yards with my RPR 338LM.)


Aren't you using the same dots you were using a year ago? Maybe, you just use them as a Suggested target point :rotf:

No sense wasting good targets I always say.
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 9584 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: new website find

Postby OldmanFCSA on Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:18 pm

I always try for maximum target usage, while most shooters try to shoot the center X out.
I've shot 72" groups all shots on target and had fun doing so.
Then for some reason I was told to shoot smaller groups - it has taken the FUN out of shooting.
Now I have to try to shoot smaller groups.

I'd rather stand inside the barn trying my best to hit the side of the barn. :mrgreen:
OldmanFCSA
 
Posts: 3002 [View]
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:55 pm
Location: Osceola, WI.

Re: new website find

Postby hammAR on Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:46 pm

That is good practice for multiple assailants..................... :?
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
User avatar
hammAR
 
Posts: 11510 [View]
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:31 pm
Location: Cultural Liaison....

Re: new website find

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:37 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:I always try for maximum target usage, while most shooters try to shoot the center X out.
I've shot 72" groups all shots on target and had fun doing so.
Then for some reason I was told to shoot smaller groups - it has taken the FUN out of shooting.
Now I have to try to shoot smaller groups.

I'd rather stand inside the barn trying my best to hit the side of the barn. :mrgreen:

As long as it is the broad side you are good.
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 9584 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am


Return to Ammunition & Reloading

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron