300 Blackout

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: 300 Blackout

Postby FJ540 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:02 pm

Which is why I call them "Boogie Man Laws" - their sole intent is to scare you into compliance with fear of some unthinkable punishment. ;)
FJ540

Postby Deputyhiro on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:56 am

FJ540 wrote:Which is why I call them "Boogie Man Laws" - their sole intent is to scare you into compliance with fear of some unthinkable punishment. ;)

Well then. Just for the record Mr. NSA guy who is watching our every key stroke, I have and always will comply with your nonsense laws. I have no intent on ever deviating from said laws. Thank you for allowing me the freedom to own a few firearms for hobby purposes. I will forever be in debt to you. Tell Mr. Obama he can sleep soundly tonight.

As far as 922r laws. I have built a few AKs. I see no better way than using US made internals to rebuild the rifle. Trigger slap from the old FCG is a bitch. I know this. I build my own recievers, so those are US made as well. As far as the barrel ban, Now that was just silly. Forcing us to use a new tighter tolerance US made barrel over sloppy comblock used military barrels only improves accuracy in my eyes. Just takes away from the originality of the weapon. I like to look at them more than shoot them, and ponder their past life and what they may or may not have been through. Military weapons intruige me. Ever since about 15 years ago when I bought my first SKS. I paid $60 bucks for it (complete, no parts kits). It has notches in the stock. Kind of a morbid facination.
It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
Deputyhiro

Postby Deputyhiro on Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:25 pm

Ordered one of FJ's STDs from atomical the other day. Ordered the stuff friday afternoon, showed up saturday morning. Cant beat that service. Just waiting for my low profile buffer tube setup and she will be ready to rock. I will be ordering more from Atomical next time, as their service is lickety split.
Deputyhiro

Postby FJ540 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:03 am

Thanks for your business! :)

I really love the 300blk as a reloader, and caliber in general. It's terrific on killing deer at MN ranges without making a bloodshot jelly patch the size of your hand in the process, and wicked accurate once you find the load your rifle likes.
FJ540

Postby Deputyhiro on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:24 pm

FJ540 wrote:Thanks for your business! :)

I really love the 300blk as a reloader, and caliber in general. It's terrific on killing deer at MN ranges without making a bloodshot jelly patch the size of your hand in the process, and wicked accurate once you find the load your rifle likes.

You have totally fueled my fire for this weapon sir. I never saw a need to build an ar platform pistol, until I started reading about the 300blk. Ballistics are crazy out of a short barrel, and I have no desire to go through the fiasco of building an sbr. My main reason to justify the build was to hunt deer with it in SO MN. Have the build mostly complete, just waiting on the low profile buffer tube from GB. Chomping to get this thing done, and the guy I ordered it from seems to have no sense of urgency.
Got a kickass jig for cutting down 223 brass the other day. Just need to pick up a cheap mini chop saw.
BTW, your STD is a very intriguing looking device. I am anxious to see how she performs. Not as concerned about flash, as I am about noise and muzzle jump. Looks cool too. 8-)
Deputyhiro

Postby JJ on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:06 pm

Deputyhiro wrote:
FJ540 wrote:Thanks for your business! :)

You have totally fueled my fire for this weapon sir. I never saw a need to build an ar platform pistol, until I started reading about the 300blk. Ballistics are crazy out of a short barrel, and I have no desire to go through the fiasco of building an sbr. My main reason to justify the build was to hunt deer with it in SO MN. Have the build mostly complete, just waiting on the low profile buffer tube from GB. Chomping to get this thing done, and the guy I ordered it from seems to have no sense of urgency.
Got a kickass jig for cutting down 223 brass the other day. Just need to pick up a cheap mini chop saw.
BTW, your STD is a very intriguing looking device. I am anxious to see how she performs. Not as concerned about flash, as I am about noise and muzzle jump. Looks cool too. 8-)

Works like a charm for deer.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby FJ540 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:59 am

Glad to be of service. :lol:

I was very happy to go from 25yd keyholes in 5.56 to a 2" group off hand out of the 300blk pistol with iron sights in the same 7.5" package. Plus it's a hoot!
FJ540

Postby Deputyhiro on Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:07 am

Finally got the missing link! 300 pistol complete. Now, I just need to get some ammo loaded……..
New Frontier Stripped polymer lower with Stag arms guts.
Rainer match barrel / bolt / upper.
Custom built low profile buffer. (Suppose to work great, will report back)
FJ450 STD on the front end.
Chinese red dot sight. I have one on a different rifle, that actually works pretty good for the price.

Haven't added up a total $ on the build, kind of went budget on some things, We'll see how she performs.
Attachments
IMG_20140104_105555.jpg
Deputyhiro

Postby FJ540 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:22 am

Looks fun. :D
FJ540

Postby dupa on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:58 pm

that turned out very nice. hope it shoots well for ya

just found this "deal" on PSA.. 20$ for 100count. (I currently do no reload 300aac) just pointing it out

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.ph ... 100ct.html
dupa

Postby Deputyhiro on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:32 pm

Probably not that bad of a deal considering the time all. I spent $30 on a jig and another $40 on a saw. Now the time to make it. But I do have 223 brass coming out of my ears.
Deputyhiro

Postby Deputyhiro on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:30 pm

So. After farting around with loads, I got a chance to duck out into the backyard to shoot this thing today. Yes, chilly. Not bad considering. I shot without ear muffs with no problems, so FJ, your STD is a success. After zeroing the red dot. I was able to put all shots in a silver dollar sized bullseye at 30yds no problem. Could have went further, but didn't feel like trudging that far through the snow. Using extreme 150gr plated bullets, 15.5gr of H110. Didn't set up the crony. Wasn't that nice of a day. But I would say she's a shooter. :D Felt good to burn some powder.
Deputyhiro

Postby BigDog58 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:55 pm

Deputyhiro wrote:So. After farting around with loads, I got a chance to duck out into the backyard to shoot this thing today. Yes, chilly. Not bad considering. I shot without ear muffs with no problems, so FJ, your STD is a success. After zeroing the red dot. I was able to put all shots in a silver dollar sized bullseye at 30yds no problem. Could have went further, but didn't feel like trudging that far through the snow. Using extreme 150gr plated bullets, 15.5gr of H110. Didn't set up the crony. Wasn't that nice of a day. But I would say she's a shooter. :D Felt good to burn some powder.

I knew I should not have read this post. Now I can't wait for warmer weather so I can get outside to shoot. I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms.

Very nice build. Next time I'm down your way I'll stop in.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Deputyhiro on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:50 pm

BigDog58 wrote:
Deputyhiro wrote:So. After farting around with loads, I got a chance to duck out into the backyard to shoot this thing today. Yes, chilly. Not bad considering. I shot without ear muffs with no problems, so FJ, your STD is a success. After zeroing the red dot. I was able to put all shots in a silver dollar sized bullseye at 30yds no problem. Could have went further, but didn't feel like trudging that far through the snow. Using extreme 150gr plated bullets, 15.5gr of H110. Didn't set up the crony. Wasn't that nice of a day. But I would say she's a shooter. :D Felt good to burn some powder.

I knew I should not have read this post. Now I can't wait for warmer weather so I can get outside to shoot. I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms.

Very nice build. Next time I'm down your way I'll stop in.

You know where to find me. :D
Deputyhiro

Postby FJ540 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:27 am

Haven't checked in here in a couple days and just saw this.

I'm very happy you're pleased with your STD. :)
FJ540

Previous

Return to Ammunition & Reloading