Remington UMC's

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Remington UMC's

Postby gunflint on Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:00 am

Can anyone confirm if Remington UMC -MC have brass casings? I believe the MC stands for metal case but is that for the bullet and not the case? This is the 165 grn .40S&W. Thanks
The 2nd Amendment is the ONLY amendment in the Bill of Rights that specifies that it shall not be infringed.
gunflint

Re: Remington UMC's

Postby Srigs on Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:29 am

Yes it is brass. Brass is metal ;)

It is what I use for plinking ammo. Never had an issue with it.
Srigs,

http://www.sideguardholsters.com
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/blog

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.
Srigs

Postby ttousi on Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:43 am

just bought a couple boxes of 250 bulk.........yup they are brass
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby gunflint on Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:15 am

Thanks for the good news. Let the reloading supply hoarding begin. 8-)
The 2nd Amendment is the ONLY amendment in the Bill of Rights that specifies that it shall not be infringed.
gunflint

Postby BRIT_in_the_weeds on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:01 am

Union Metallic Cartridge.

In 1865, Remington incorporated into a stock company, and began a new venture in 1873, producing Remington brand typewriters. Remington would sell the typewriter business in 1886; the typewriter company eventually became Remington Rand, and the firearms business became Remington Arms Company. In 1888, Remington was purchased by Marcus Hartley and Partners, a major sporting goods chain who also owned the Union Metallic Cartridge Company in Bridgeport, Connecticut. The Bridgeport site would become the home of Remington's ammunition plant.

A few years later, in 1912, Remington and Union Metallic Cartridge were combined into a single entity, called Remington UMC. Even today, Remington produces a U.M.C. brand of ammunition. In 1915, the plant at Ilion was expanded, and this expansion is basically the same plant which currently exists at the site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Arms

8-)
Far better it is to dare mighty things...than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat
T.Roosevelt 1899

Just me and the designated settee, in the weeds.8-)
Thread-F.U master Brit Pei Ying
1/ICC ;-) .1/ICC II.;-)
BRIT_in_the_weeds

Postby xd9 on Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:27 pm

Hi all,
New to the forums but have been lurking for months. Got back into shooting this spring after over 10 years of not doing it. I have been having a blast. I am waiting for my carry permit to come from the sheriff.

But in an effort to keep costs down I have been looking for good price on 9mm practice ammo.
I was using WWB, but it caused problems with my XD. I switched to REM UMC Mega Packs from Wally World for $86.90 including tax for 2 boxes of 250 and have not had any trouble with them shooting hundreds of rounds.

But today I found out Dick's Sporting Goods in Burnsville has the same ammo (boxed in 50s instead of the 250 MegaPacks) for $74.44 including tax for 500 if you buy the 10 boxes of 50. Not a bad price for a local buy as I have seen it. That is $12.46 per 500 rounds cheaper than Wallys. I picked up 20 boxes today. 8-)

Not sure if there is better pricing in town, but I have heard most of the ammo manufactures are planning to raise their prices soon, so I figured it might be a good time to stock up.
Attachments
ammo.JPG
xd9

Postby JDR on Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:02 pm

Hi, xd9, welcome. :lol:

You in retail?

just asking; as that's a nice "display" of your purchase. 8-)
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them" George Mason
JDR

Postby gunflint on Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:11 pm

Are we still requiring new members to supply a box of ammo for all current members or did we stop that policy? :lol:
gunflint

Postby rucker on Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:24 pm

gunflint wrote:Are we still requiring new members to supply a box of ammo for all current members or did we stop that policy? :lol:

I'm pretty sure that's the policy but I'll let it slide this time since it's not .45 :lol:

;)
rucker

Postby xd9 on Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:03 pm

:shock: ......Sheeew

I am not in retail. Just set them up for the photo. They are now safely stored away along with 10 more new "friends" picked up for $6.98 each. The price sheet Dick's has on display in the plastic stand says "pull Nov" (can't recall the date). So I would guess this pricing must be good for awhile or until they change their minds. You have to have the register people call the hunting department to confirm the price. Otherwise they charge you more. I was able to get the same at the Richfield store. Also if you earn 300 point on their score card, apparently you get a $10 reward card you can use for purchases at their store. I now have 222 points ;) If I end up buying more ammo there, I guess I can look forward to $10 toward more. Too bad they don't sell handguns. I really have not seen many people say too many good things about them really. But this ammo works for me.
xd9

Postby ttousi on Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:10 pm

Bought ten boxes at Woodbury last week............5.98 / bx cause I used the 10.00 gift card. :D :D

Reminds me..... I need to see what I have on the card now for points
MN Permit Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby onebohemian on Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:15 pm

For some reason I vaguely remember there being a $10.00 off coupon for Dick's in the DNR fishing regs this year. Haven't recently checked whether it's still in there or what restrictions it had on it if it was in there. Anybody confirm?
Mark

"Edited to remove prohibited content."(2009).

"It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it." (In honor of 'Goalie,' 2013).
onebohemian

Postby Pezhead on Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:39 pm

Welcome aboard.
That price isn't to bad. It does vary once in awhile. I think the last time I bought it was 6.98 when I bought ten boxes. You need to make sure they call to get the priced checked. There was a guy in the other line having them check too. Fleet Farm has some good prices sometimes too(5.98 box of Blazer). The last coupon I saw for Dick's couldn't be used on ammo. I can't recall what the one in the regs said. I've never mail ordered ammo. You can also check the gun shows for ammo, sometimes you can get some good prices.
Pezhead

Postby Fast351 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:09 pm

Can I play?

Just came back from Dicks myself. 2K rounds and the magic roulette wheel (IE the Dicks cash register) came up with 267.99. Not sure how, was within 20 bux of being correct, didn't feel like waiting to figure out why. Besides, it was the manager ringing...

Growing every day :D
Fast351

Postby ttousi on Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:22 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

You can play only if you share ;)

I know where I want to be when the SHTF.
MN Permit Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor

ttousi

Next

Return to Ammunition & Reloading