Postby JoeH on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:35 pm

No

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Joe
Not a Glock Certified Armorer
JoeH

Re: 460

Postby DeanC on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:54 pm

I have helped a friend do it. What do you want to know?
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby brado on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Looking to help a newbie at work do some reloading. Looking for some good recipes.
brado

Postby bulletproof on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:13 pm

Might be of use depending upon the bullets you are using: http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/ftx ... um_ftx.pdf
bulletproof

Postby Snowgun on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:01 pm

Can u load these bullets in a 460 Rowland?
Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price. - Sun Tzu

The Way is in training... Do nothing which is not of value. - Miyamato Musashi

One who knows the Self puts death to death. - Upanishads
Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby Seismic Sam on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:06 pm

Snowgun wrote:Can u load these bullets in a 460 Rowland?

Not certain, but I'm guessing NO!!!! The 460 Rowland is a slightly lengthtened 45 ACP case (like 1/16th on an inch), and the OAL is strictly limited by the mag front-to-back length. As such, it is pretty much limited to the same bullets you can use in a 45 ACP. This does NOT include spire point bullets that are longer for the same basis weight, so you would have to seat them extra deep, which would jack the pressures big time. With a Smith 460, OAL is pretty much a non issue, so you can use anything you want.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Seismic Sam on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:31 pm

brado wrote:Looking to help a newbie at work do some reloading. Looking for some good recipes.

Does the n00b have a comprehensive reloading manual, and does he plan to RTFM before he gets too far along?? Seeing as you are asking for recipes, I would guess the answer is NO. Just EFFEN great!! Got a n00b with a 460 Smith which has a SAAMI limit of 65,000 PSI, and he wants a RECIPE for one of the highest pressure handguns in the world?? Gee, what coupld POSSIBLY go wrong with just giving him some powder weights and letting him figure out the entire rest of the art of reloading by himself, or even with your help. The fact that YOU are asking for recipes means that you probably don't have a reloading manual with 460 Smith data in it either.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby brado on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:
brado wrote:Looking to help a newbie at work do some reloading. Looking for some good recipes.

Does the n00b have a comprehensive reloading manual, and does he plan to RTFM before he gets too far along?? Seeing as you are asking for recipes, I would guess the answer is NO. Just EFFEN great!! Got a n00b with a 460 Smith which has a SAAMI limit of 65,000 PSI, and he wants a RECIPE for one of the highest pressure handguns in the world?? Gee, what coupld POSSIBLY go wrong with just giving him some powder weights and letting him figure out the entire rest of the art of reloading by himself, or even with your help. The fact that YOU are asking for recipes means that you probably don't have a reloading manual with 460 Smith data in it either.

Easy man just trying to see what people are using :lol:
brado

Postby Seismic Sam on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:02 pm

For Smith X-frame revolvers, Lil' Gun is the powder of choice, followed by H110/296 which are actually the same powder.In addition, just asking for a powder weight is kind of pointless, because these guns are so powerful that it's more a matter of what the shooter can tolerate than what the gun can tolerate. The recoil on the 460 is less than the 500, but the muzzle blast is way worse. What is the heaviest caliber and/or load pistol you friend has shot up until now??
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby brado on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:

brado

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:41 pm

brado wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:

I've tried to stay out of this because I don't load for the 460, and Sam and I have disagreed on many things in the past, but I agree with SAM this time, although his style of writing could use some fine tuning.

Brado, get a reloading book, READ IT CAREFULLY, then read it again.
Then buy another and READ it !!!
Start low and work up your loadings, same as any reloader would do for high-pressure loads. Maybe you will learn something along the way without killing yourself or others.

OR stand the chance of being seriously HURT.
OldmanFCSA

Postby brado on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:50 pm

I do have reloading books just wanted to know what guys where using for bullets and powder ;)
brado

Postby brado on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:52 pm

The real ? is why does my computer keep double tapping 6:44 then 7:28 WTF
brado

Postby Snowgun on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:59 pm

brado wrote:The real ? is why does my computer keep double tapping 6:44 then 7:28 WTF

:lol: Remember double tapping is not the goal, is multiple post cadence and good thread transition....
Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price. - Sun Tzu

The Way is in training... Do nothing which is not of value. - Miyamato Musashi

One who knows the Self puts death to death. - Upanishads
Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Next

Return to Ammunition & Reloading