WWB 9mm

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: WWB 9mm

Postby rucker on Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:34 pm

cobb wrote:Gee, from what I have seen on other forums and postings, I was the only one that has seen problems with WWB.

Problems with the 9mm is news to me, but I have seen a lot of problems with 45 acp and misfires. What I have seen is a misfire, but with a second and sometimes a third strike the 45 acp WWB will fire. The few problems that I have seen with 40 S&W was a feed issue, which could be debated as to the cause.

I am truly surprized that there are others out there that have had problems with WWB. Everytime I mention the problems that I have seen, there are several that step up and says that they have fired thousand's of WWB and never had a problem.

I hate living in a time warp....... :idea:

really? In the last month I have put 800 rounds of .45 through my gun and it has gone bang every time :?
rucker

Postby devilmutt on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:06 am

WWB is all I shoot at the range, never had a problem with the 9mm or .40.
I got a fever! And the only prescription… is more cowbell!
devilmutt

Postby phorvick on Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:18 am

Well, I am not sure then if I am the odd one or not. I have shot 1000's of WWB 9mm and .45....never a failure. I did have one .38sp that just would not go bang, but the 9mm, .45, .357, .380....all 100%.

Same percent success with Blazer, UMC, American Eagle....my point being that, in the main, commercially available ammunition is very very reliable. Now, certain brands or bullet profile have been problematic in a specific gun. CZ97's often have feed issues with hollow points; CZ75's often have issues with aluminum cased rounds...but these issues are the gun, not the ammunition per se.
Where did I leave the Tardis?
phorvick

Postby Ironbear on Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:53 am

101CombatVet wrote:I found one round that had 1/8 inch crimp on the brass and a notch on the round.
About 3-4 years ago I had a 9mm WWB with two burrs on the mouth of the case. I found it when the gun didn't go into battery the round stuck in the chamber. I had to field strip and pry it out. Other than that I've shot maybe 2,000 rounds of 9mm WWB without problem.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby BRIT_in_the_weeds on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:10 am

brauchma wrote:
gunflint wrote:Be very,very careful with this discussion. It took me a while to figure this out. Yesterday morning I posted a question concerning WWB ammo. I thought at the time that his was a harmless question and I wanted to get some input. Within 2 hours TCC is in lockdown. I only received a few replies and I plan on making a fairly large purchase of practice ammo in the next few days so I posted a similar question on ShootingSafely.com. Two hours later they were shut down.

For the record I think that WWB is the best ammo in the world and it is all I will buy from now on. :? I have to go now as there are several black Suburbans pulling into the driveway.

So it was you! ;) On a serious note... RUN!!! I hear a black helicopter as well!!!!!

No, it was the insignificant seven :shock: :roll:
Far better it is to dare mighty things...than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat
T.Roosevelt 1899

Just me and the designated settee, in the weeds.8-)
Thread-F.U master Brit Pei Ying
1/ICC ;-) .1/ICC II.;-)
BRIT_in_the_weeds

Postby Jeff Bergquist on Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:00 am

I shot WWB 9mm at last weekend's Wisconsin IDPA championship and the ammo that I submitted for chronographing returned a disturbing result. 4 rounds were tested and 1 round had a velocity a solid 10 percent (!) less than the other 3. All still easily made power factor, averaging 143pf., but this seriously dampens my desire to buy any more WWB. The one possible extenuating circumstance is that I was using ammo from both the 100 round valu-paks and the 50 round boxes and might have gotten some of each in the sample. But still, I think ammo that is labeled with the same brand and item name should shoot more consistently than that. I'm thinking I might stick with Federal AE for my cheap 9mm from now on.
The bold type giveth, the fine print taketh away.
Jeff Bergquist

Postby hicap45z on Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:34 pm

Some additional data from the chrono at the WI IDPA event last weekend for WWB 9mm:
Three participant's data, 9 rounds through the chrono (including Jeff's):

Z
hicap45z

Previous

Return to Ammunition & Reloading