Primers

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: Primers

Postby BigDog58 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:16 am

Hi all, I'm in Edina and heading to Woodbury today. Anyone have a suggestion where I might locate small pistol primers? I purchased 1000 Small Pistol Magnum from Frontier last week but I only load .38 sp & 9 mm SMP and I'm concerned about using magnums for regular target ammo..

I'm fairly new to reloading so any advice is appreciated
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:07 am

If you have Federal Small Pistol Magnum primers, I will trade you for Federal Small Pistol primers.
Up to 2K.
OldmanFCSA

Postby floydster on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:16 pm

I have run over 20,000 Wolf/Tula primers in the last 3 years, nary a prob with Spp and Lpp --just sayin, maybe it could be your gun:)

Smokeyloads
floydster

Postby aht_six on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:23 pm

floydster wrote:I have run over 20,000 Wolf/Tula primers in the last 3 years, nary a prob with Spp and Lpp --just sayin, maybe it could be your gun:)

Smokeyloads

Most failures to fire are probably caused by light hits rather than bad primers. I had no problem with the Tula Large pistol primers, but several of the small pistol primers never went off, even after repeated hits from multiple firearms that never had a problem before or since.
NRA Benefactor Life Member
aht_six

Previous

Return to Ammunition & Reloading