My Thanks to OldmanFCSA

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

My Thanks to OldmanFCSA

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:49 am

:mrgreen: I just want to take a minute to thank OldmanFCSA. He invited me over to see his setup and offered to trade some primers with me. I have to say he is a very good host and has a world of reloading knowledge. He and Murphy (his Fur Kid) welcomed me into his reloading shop and I had a Wonderful time. I only started reloading a month ago and the four hours I spent with Doug were GREAT. He welcomed and thoroughly answered all of my questions. He NEVER made me feel stupid for not knowing something. He also showed me ways to do things I had not thought of. His reloading area is well layed out and his "buddy" Murphy was very friendly and had me laughing more than once. He really likes to chase the little red laser dots around.

All in all, the 1.5 hour trip to WI was well worth my time. I have made a new friend in the reloading arena, and a better friend, you couldn't ask for. He did, have to keep an eye on me, as I wanted to take Murphy home with me. If you get a chance, I highly urge you to take some time and visit OldmanFCSA. I can't begin to thank him enough for sharing his vast knowledge with a Newbie like me. I waited many years to get into reloading and I am extremely glad I finally did. I've met some very knowledgeable people and nearly ALL have been more than eager to help me and to guide me in the right direction. I just hope that I can help a "newbie" some day when I'm experienced. We should always help each other in reloading and in life.

Thank you OldmanFCSA,

Your New Friend,

Jim BigDog58 :D
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Re: My Thanks to OldmanFCSA

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:13 am

Thank you Jim.

The pleasure was all of ours - your's, mine, and Murphy's.

Murphy had a hard time keeping an evil eye on you while sleeping in his recliner.
And his hatred of my cane was just a severe watching of yours to make sure it didn't attack him.
(When I had my broken back and was wearing a "turtle-shell" back brace, I would reverse the cane and use it to catch a wild little puppy. Sometimes I also used the grip extender to catch his collar, that's why he still howls at it when I pick it up.)

LaserTag is still his best game - he loves to bark, howl, and chase it.

To all, Jim's a great guy.
OldmanFCSA

Return to Ammunition & Reloading