Milsurp tracer rounds

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Milsurp tracer rounds

Postby SSBotanyBay on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:36 pm

Whilst wandering through the local gouger mountain I came across an ammo can of 5.56 so I purchased it and quickly discovered that they were in fact tracer rounds (I knew that at time of purchase though the implications of such a purchase had not yet settled in). I am having a difficult time finding much definitive info on the round itself in regards to its accuracy vs. non-tracer rounds, the impact they have on barrels, and whether or not this stuff still "traces" after sitting for so long. Can yall school me on this stuff? Should I just sell it and save myself the trouble?
"There is nothing more uncommon than common sense."---Thomas Chalmers
SSBotanyBay

Re: Milsurp tracer rounds

Postby MNGunGuy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Tracers don't light until after they have left the barrel. Typically if a batch is past it's expiration for lighting it says so when you are buying them. ARF has a ton of threads on them.
MNGunGuy

Re: Milsurp tracer rounds

Postby ScatterGun4015 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:49 pm

also a note......most ranges wont let you shoot them due to fire hazards. if you shoot them on private property, be aware of what you are shooting at and that it could start on fire. They sure are fun though
Stradawhovious wrote:
So rather than just being chased by a zombie, you are now being chased by one in that's engulfed in flames? No thanks.

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!!!!
ScatterGun4015

Return to Ammunition & Reloading