Hey, just found a lot of ammo hidden...

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Hey, just found a lot of ammo hidden...

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:24 am

Under Jo' Momma, because her butt is SOOOOO BIG!! Seriously, people, I'm getting sick of the ammo threads, because by the time you post them they're completely inaccurate or irrelevant. So knock it off already!! There is an ammo famine on, it's not going away any time soon, and it's every man for himself, and just deal with it already!! You're using up most of the bandwidth around here with useless outdated information, and not giving any n00bs a chance to come in here and ask stoopid reloading questions!! It's been SOOO long since I've had a roasted n00b sammich that I'm starting to waste away to nothing... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Re: Hey, just found a lot of ammo hidden...

Postby grousemaster on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:29 am

Seismic Sam wrote:Under Jo' Momma, because her butt is SOOOOO BIG!! Seriously, people, I'm getting sick of the ammo threads, because by the time you post them they're completely inaccurate or irrelevant. So knock it off already!! There is an ammo famine on, it's not going away any time soon, and it's every man for himself, and just deal with it already!! You're using up most of the bandwidth around here with useless outdated information, and not giving any n00bs a chance to come in here and ask stoopid reloading questions!! It's been SOOO long since I've had a roasted n00b sammich that I'm starting to waste away to nothing... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Very true....
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Ron Burgundy on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:34 am

Yo mamma so fat people jog around her for exercise.

Sam, I'm about a year away from reloading (space constraint in my current house and I have not RTFM). Two questions: 1) the blue presses are the only ones that really work, right? 2) on a more serious note, what role does temperature and humidity play in powder storage? Can I load and store in a garage or do I need to reserve space inside the house?
Ron Burgundy

Postby rugersol on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:36 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:Sam, I'm about a year 3 years away from reloading

... fixed it! ;)
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby Thunder71 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:38 am

Go ahead, tear it open... pour your heart out:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=39765
Thunder71

Postby Evad on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:38 am

Seismic Sam wrote:It's been SOOO long since I've had a roasted n00b sammich that I'm starting to waste away to nothing... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Give me time ;)

But...when I have my supplies gathered I am going to see oldman first. Then I will select a press. Then the stupidity can commence.
Evad

Postby Ron Burgundy on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:38 am

rugersol wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:Sam, I'm about a year 3 years away from reloading

... fixed it! ;)

That far, huh? Doesn't look any more difficult than cooking :stirthepot:
Ron Burgundy

Postby rugersol on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:41 am

Evad wrote:Then I will select a press.

If ya backorder all yer **** now, ya might have a press, and most everything else ya need, by the time yer done with Oldman! :|
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
rugersol

Postby Evad on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:44 am

rugersol wrote:

If ya backorder all yer **** now, ya might have a press, and most everything else ya need, by the time yer done with Oldman! :|

I have brass and primers. I have bullets on order (they should arrive any year now). I stayed away from powder since it looks like some research is needed in varieties and I havee barely looked.
Evad

Postby rugersol on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:44 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:Doesn't look any more difficult than cooking :stirthepot:

It ain't! ... recipe almost never changes ... and there's only 3 ingredients! ... use locking die-rings, and ya'd actually hafta struggle, to **** it up!
rugersol

Postby rugersol on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:48 am

Evad wrote:
rugersol wrote:

I have brass and primers. I have bullets on order (they should arrive any year now). I stayed away from powder since it looks like some research is needed in varieties and I havee barely looked.

Sure! ... but what 'bout the press?! ... and dies?! :?

As fer powder, depending on the caliber(s) ya wanna reload, there's a few purdy popular choices ... if ya can find an 8# of one of 'em, worst case, at least ya'd have some tradin' fodder!
rugersol

Postby Evad on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:50 am

rugersol wrote:Sure! ... but what 'bout the press?! ... and dies?! :?

As fer powder, depending on the caliber(s) ya wanna reload, there's a few purdy popular choices ... if ya can find an 8# of one of 'em, worst case, at least ya'd have some tradin' fodder!

Presses and dies don't seem to be hard to come by. Even amazon sells Lee presses. I won't buy until I know what I need...at least a little.

Powder is my next thing to look at. And I didn't think of the trading aspect. Good call, once I see what is common for handgun loads I will start shopping.
Evad

Postby rugersol on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:59 am

Evad wrote:Even amazon sells Lee presses.

"usually ships in 4 - 6 weeks" ... I'm guessing they ain't updated that! ;)

It may back off?!

Regardless, if yer loadin' pistol, and ya got the money, I don't know that yer gonna learn 'nuff to decide 'tween a Hornady LNL-AP, Dillon 550, 'er Dillon 650, any better ... 'tween now, and ... whenever! Even then, won't really matter!

If ya ain't got that kinda money, 'er it ain't pistol, Redding T-7 is the best turret 'round! ... Lyman T-Mag II's a good deal! ... and almost anyone else'll recommend the Lee turret! Again, won't really matter, which!

I wouldn't bother with a single-stage ... 'sept to cheap-out ... 'er get somethin' today! ... don't hurt to have one 'round! ... I don't! ... T-7 doubles as a single-stage, plenty well! :mrgreen: ... Lee Challenger's a good one ... as is the Hornady ... most anyone else'll claim Rock Chucker is the press to get! ... but they ain't been out from under their rock, in a spell! 8-)
rugersol

Postby Evad on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:17 am

rugersol wrote:
Evad wrote:Even amazon sells Lee presses.

"usually ships in 4 - 6 weeks" ... I'm guessing they ain't updated that! ;)

It may back off?!

Regardless, if yer loadin' pistol, and ya got the money, I don't know that yer gonna learn 'nuff to decide 'tween a Hornady LNL-AP, Dillon 550, 'er Dillon 650, any better ... 'tween now, and ... whenever! Even then, won't really matter!

If ya ain't got that kinda money, 'er it ain't pistol, Redding T-7 is the best turret 'round! ... Lyman T-Mag II's a good deal! ... and almost anyone else'll recommend the Lee turret! Again, won't really matter, which!

I wouldn't bother with a single-stage ... 'sept to cheap-out ... 'er get somethin' today! ... don't hurt to have one 'round! ... I don't! ... T-7 doubles as a single-stage, plenty well! :mrgreen: ... Lee Challenger's a good one ... as is the Hornady ... most anyone else'll claim Rock Chucker is the press to get! ... but they ain't been out from under their rock, in a spell! 8-)

I know a few of those words. I must be ready, huh? :shock:

Being able to afford a Dillon and needing one are very different, no? What I have seen so far makes me think I would be plenty happy with a turret. Saying "press" implied stingle stage? Didn't mean to...sorry. I'm looking at a few handgun calibers I would like to load, nothing crazy.

That redding looks good. I need to look at auto indexing to see if I care. My goal is to be able to knock out a few hundred rounds in a shot. I don't yet know if I would want extra turret heads. My current thought would be to get comfortable and see what I want to do. I can see a benefit to having a head per caliber...but it depends on how long the adjustments take.
Evad

Postby Ron Burgundy on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:19 am

Where is Sam on all of this? First he insults my mother and now he is MIA on our noob questions?
Ron Burgundy

Next

Return to Ammunition & Reloading