Fleet Farm and reloading

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: Fleet Farm and reloading

Postby SSBotanyBay on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:51 pm

I really don't know how I feel about this one. I think most reloaders will remain loyal to their various long-time suppliers or at least I hope they will. There certainly won't be any tried and true reloading wisdom to glean from the orange shirt and black vest crew @ Fleet Farm. Don't get me wrong, I am there often but will continue to give my loot to the LGS so long as I am not in dire straits. 2 cents in and I'm out.
"There is nothing more uncommon than common sense."---Thomas Chalmers
SSBotanyBay

Postby OldmanFCSA on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:56 pm

I will support them as long as the prices are competitive.
Why?
Most other gunshops quit carrying reloading equipment and supplies, forcing us to order online, and pay shipping with associated hazmat fees.
OldmanFCSA

Postby Lights on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:04 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:I will support them as long as the prices are competitive.
Why?
Most other gunshops quit carrying reloading equipment and supplies, forcing us to order online, and pay shipping with associated hazmat fees.

That is my same thoughts. Plus I work 1.5 blocks from the Hudson FF. :D Load the up. :rock:
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified RSO
Lights

Postby Nalez on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:44 pm

grousemaster wrote:I was told the same by an employee a month ago. Gonna carry a full line of RCBS stuff....

That is what I noticed about the pro shop in Baxter - only RCBS gear - but a full selection of it.
Nalez

Postby rugersol on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:50 pm

Until the last few months, I could order a press 'er a set of dies from Midway, any day of the week ... w/o Hazmat fees! ... and usually have it on my doorstep, three days later!

I guess I was envisioning shelves (eventually) full of primers, powder, and bullets! (kinda like Sportsman's Whorehouse, 'fore they abandoned us! :cry: )

Does anyone know if Fleet Farm is simply planning to stock reloading "equipment"?! ... "supplies"?! ... or both?! :|
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby 870TC on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Clerk at Lakeville FF said (today), Both equipment and supplies. Figured closer to summer (no specifics), as they plan to get rid of the exercise equipment displays to make room.
870TC

Postby floydster on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:31 pm

Yup, it's true.
The St.Cloud FF is clearing out all the excercise equipment for the reloading area.
Five of the employees are going to be in charge of the new reloading section, they are going to class according to the head guy
in the gun dept.
Good news for sure.

Smokeyloads
floydster

Postby mrp on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:35 pm

870TC wrote:Clerk at Lakeville FF said (today), Both equipment and supplies. Figured closer to summer (no specifics), as they plan to get rid of the exercise equipment displays to make room.

So that's why the treadmills and similar machines are all on clearance.
mrp

Postby ScatterGun4015 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:29 pm

can everyone stop talking about this. infact maybe we should delete this thread. the less people know about this, the better it will be for us ;)
Stradawhovious wrote:
So rather than just being chased by a zombie, you are now being chased by one in that's engulfed in flames? No thanks.

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!!!!
ScatterGun4015

Postby BigDog58 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:29 pm

ScatterGun4015 wrote:can everyone stop talking about this. infact maybe we should delete this thread. the less people know about this, the better it will be for us ;)

Another place with Empty shelves
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Sammichman on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:33 pm

The old timers who work at Carver Said they heard about it ,but don,t know when it will happen
Sammichman

Postby cym on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:11 pm

So.. I was at Fleet Farm in Oakdale this past Monday and I saw 8 boxes of Hornady hollow points bullets. I wanted a price check on the bullets and the clerk said that it's not for sale. He was suppose to remove the bullets from the shelf that morning but he forgot. So I asked him when they will be for sell and he wasn't sure so he called his manager and they told him July. No specific date though.
cym

Previous

Return to Ammunition & Reloading