Anyone seen Lil Gun in any of the stores?

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Anyone seen Lil Gun in any of the stores?

Postby Hoot on Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:45 pm

A friend of mine down in Texas is having a devil of a time locating some.

Mainly looking for a store that is willing to ship it, since I don't think I can ship it myself.

Thanks in advance,

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Anyone seen Lil Gun in any of the stores?

Postby Seismic Sam on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:32 am

I don't think you have a n00b's chance under the West end of the Broadway bridge to find anybody who will do that for you. People like Wolf's Den who DO have Lil' Gun have plenty of paying customers who will buy all of it fairly quickly, so why mess around with ORM-D shipping down to Texas. You can call them and ask if they will do that, but if they will you'll pay plenty for it...
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Hoot on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:39 am

Seismic Sam wrote:I don't think you have a n00b's chance under the West end of the Broadway bridge to find anybody who will do that for you. People like Wolf's Den who DO have Lil' Gun have plenty of paying customers who will buy all of it fairly quickly, so why mess around with ORM-D shipping down to Texas. You can call them and ask if they will do that, but if they will you'll pay plenty for it...

Thanks Sam. He has requests for notification out with all the major online players. I'll tell him it's a no-go up this way.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby SIGP240 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:18 am

Call in 30 min 952 210 7011 I see it all the time
Proudly launching lead from a Swiss P-240 at a range near you.
SIGP240

Postby EJSG19 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:37 am

its in stores in Iowa. I was in Cherokee, IA the other day and a shop called Fire and Ice guns or something had several 1lb jugs. Not a place I frequent, but I try and hit stores when I'm in new areas.
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

Postby SIGP240 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:22 pm

It is here in Omaha
SIGP240

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:11 pm

Guys!! The problem is NOT the powder availability!! It's the huge PITA of getting an ORM-D material shipped!! It will double or triple the price, and you have to fill out that extra paperwork!!
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby EJSG19 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:Guys!! The problem is NOT the powder availability!! It's the huge PITA of getting an ORM-D material shipped!! It will double or triple the price, and you have to fill out that extra paperwork!!

Its all relative. For me paying the hazmat fee to ship primers and powder is cost prohibitive. But these big websites sell it as fast as can be, so to somebody the expense is worth it or the website's wouldn't offer it.
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

Postby Seismic Sam on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:52 am

Yes, but the big distributors have computerized shipping departments that have everything set up properly. An individual has to drive to get the powder, then drive to get to the post office, and then dick around with forms manually, and maybe the postmaster knows how to do it and maybe they aren't that up on the rules. So it will be several hours of your time and gas money, and then doing the "Hazardous Postal Dance", and how many people do you know that you'd be willing to go through that for them??
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Hoot on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:44 pm

A fellow on the 450Bushmaster site actually loads the powder into used 10ga shotgun hulls almost to the top, puts a cardboard disk over it and roll crimps them. He then boxes the shells in their original box and ships them as ammunition. 1 pound of LilGun fits perfectly into 25) 10ga hulls. Don't ask me why I know this. ;)

Let the debate roll on from it's own momentum but it's a dead issue. I told my friend I could not find a local store that would ship it after Sam's first post. End of story.

Hoot
Hoot

Postby engnerdan on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:06 pm

Hoot wrote:A fellow on the 450Bushmaster site actually loads the powder into used 10ga shotgun hulls almost to the top, puts a cardboard disk over it and roll crimps them. He then boxes the shells in their original box and ships them as ammunition. 1 pound of LilGun fits perfectly into 25) 10ga hulls. Don't ask me why I know this. ;)

Let the debate roll on from it's own momentum but it's a dead issue. I told my friend I could not find a local store that would ship it after Sam's first post. End of story.

Hoot

That is quite the idea. I wonder if you could get away with making a steel tube the size of a 1lb container and then have a small bullet pressed into the end and call it ammunition. But use it just for shipping.
Last edited by engnerdan on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seismic Sam wrote:When it launches, the marketing will hit you in the face like the shrapnal from a methane explosion in a 3 holer outhouse!! :P :P :P
engnerdan

Postby FJ540 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Or just put it all in a folgers can... 8-)
FJ540

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:45 pm

FJ540 wrote:Or just put it all in a folgers can... 8-)

Just let it be a "Part of Waking Up" put Folgers in your cup....
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Lil Gun

Postby SIGP240 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:44 am

My proposal:
I see it here in stock in Omaha. All you have to do is call the shop, pay for it with your CC. Then I will grab it and bring to MSP for your pickup. There is never a limit on purchase quantity. Otherwise, I can go one better and buy it for you. Need trust arrangement soni don't end up using to start the charcoal in the Hibachi
SIGP240

Re: Lil Gun

Postby Hoot on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:22 pm

SIGP240 wrote:My proposal:
I see it here in stock in Omaha. All you have to do is call the shop, pay for it with your CC. Then I will grab it and bring to MSP for your pickup. There is never a limit on purchase quantity. Otherwise, I can go one better and buy it for you. Need trust arrangement soni don't end up using to start the charcoal in the Hibachi

That's kind of you to offer Sig, but I'd still have to get it down to Texas and I would feel silly after telling the fellow I could not help him. However, other members may be looking for some. I'm sure they'll contact you if so.

Thanks again,

Hoot
Hoot

Return to Ammunition & Reloading