Ammo Aplenty at Gouger Mountain

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Postby AlbertL on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Just back from walking around Gandermountain Woodbury store...that's the most ammo I have seen all this year. Tremendous amount of even 9mm and a ton of 223/556... Very little 22lr of course...but as usual goes without saying way over priced but they have a bunch?
AlbertL

Re: Ammo Aplenty at Gouger Mountain

Postby dupa on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 pm

fleet farm had a stock of everything but... 9mm/22lr...
dupa

Postby Slayer_MN1 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:05 pm

AlbertL wrote:Just back from walking around Gandermountain Woodbury store...that's the most ammo I have seen all this year. Tremendous amount of even 9mm and a ton of 223/556... Very little 22lr of course...but as usual goes without saying way over priced but they have a bunch?

If you wanna pay $39.99/100 for WWB.

I don't.. There's a reason why they have said "bunch" :shock:
"From time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants, and patriots."

Aquitas et Veritas
Slayer_MN1

Postby Lights on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:17 pm

Slayer_MN1 wrote:
AlbertL wrote:Just back from walking around Gandermountain Woodbury store...that's the most ammo I have seen all this year. Tremendous amount of even 9mm and a ton of 223/556... Very little 22lr of course...but as usual goes without saying way over priced but they have a bunch?

If you wanna pay $39.99/100 for WWB.

I don't.. There's a reason why they have said "bunch" :shock:

Or $64.99 for 100 rounds of WWB 45 auto. LOL When Wally world, FF or Oakdale gun club is selling it for $48.00
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified RSO
Lights

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:03 pm

More ammo at Gouger Mountain simply means more customers don't like taking it up the 'chute for their EFFEN high prices.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby LePetomane on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:More ammo at Gouger Mountain simply means more customers don't like taking it up the 'chute for their EFFEN high prices.

Then go somewhere else where you can get a better price and quit your pissing and moaning. I don't think their prices are any more than other places.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Lights on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:04 pm

"Then go somewhere else where you can get a better price and quit your pissing and moaning. I don't think their prices are any more than other places."

Oh you must work there. Because they are way higher on ammo prices. Who the hech pays $64.99 for a 100 round bulk pack of 45 auto WWB????
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified RSO
Lights

Postby Eleanor08 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:11 pm

LePetomane wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:More ammo at Gouger Mountain simply means more customers don't like taking it up the 'chute for their EFFEN high prices.

Then go somewhere else where you can get a better price and quit your pissing and moaning. I don't think their prices are any more than other places.

Its not a question of "thinking" if their prices are higher, its more fact...

They ARE much higher than everywhere else....

I have a $100 gift card to Gander, and yesterday I was in there looking to spend it.. I couldn't... I just can not support that place. I spent an hour walking around in there only to leave in disgust.

It was funny though, people would come trotting back to the ammo shelfs all excited, then look at the prices, and walk away...

They can keep their ammo, their $180 mosin's, and there endless display cases of Taurus Judges..

Joe's sporting goods will get my business everyday of the week. Very friendly people, nice selection, and they have ammo.
Eleanor08

Postby Dante on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:40 pm

IBTL!
Dante

Postby DoxaPar on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:45 pm

Eleanor08 wrote:
I have a $100 gift card to Gander, and yesterday I was in there looking to spend it.. I couldn't... I just can not support that place. I spent an hour walking around in there only to leave in disgust.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm happy to take that card for you and handle the matter on your behalf.
DoxaPar

Postby Eleanor08 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:36 pm

DoxaPar wrote:
Eleanor08 wrote:

I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm happy to take that card for you and handle the matter on your behalf.

I bet you would! Lol.

Well I tell ya what, I will sell my $100 gift card to you, but since its a Gander card, I feel that $125 cash sounds about right. That way your $125 dollars will get you $100 dollars of product.. Gander economics..
Eleanor08

Postby gun_fan111 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Last week I checked out their pistol counter - $550 for a Kahr CM9...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Did you just buy that beautiful firearm, or are you trying to sell that piece of crap?
gun_fan111

Postby ex-LT on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Eleanor08 wrote:
DoxaPar wrote:
Eleanor08 wrote:

I bet you would! Lol.

Well I tell ya what, I will sell my $100 gift card to you, but since its a Gander card, I feel that $125 cash sounds about right. That way your $125 dollars will get you $100 dollars of product.. Gander economics..

Your logic is flawed....

If $125 spent at GM gets you $100 worth of product, $100 would only get you $80 worth of product. Regardless of how much DoxaPar pays for the gift card, it's face value is only $100. Therefore, if he were to agree to your deal, he would be paying $125 for $80 worth of product.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Eleanor08 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:09 pm

And by Gander economics it sounds as if he's getting a deal...
Eleanor08

Postby dronning on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:06 pm

I agree that Gander everyday pricing is high BUT while I don't shop there for things I need, I have bought 5 guns in there in the last 3 years that were fantastic deals. One such deal was a 8' Ruger 22/45 Hunter Target in stainless for $299 which was barely used I'm sure it was mismarked and should have been $399. Ammo well, I bought about 6K rounds of 5.56 in 50cal cans before the madness they were on sale for a $100 LESS than the going price. Then there was the big re-grand opening at the Lakeville store when they opened the Gander Academy, they put 525 round bulk packs of Federal on sale for $14.99 (19.99-$5.00 coupon and it was unlimited). I bought 42K rounds and they still had plenty left when the sale ended I wish I would have bought more because I gave far too many away as Christmas gifts.
NRA Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
MRRA - Life Member
NRA - Life Member

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
~ Ben Franklin
dronning

Next

Return to Ammunition & Reloading