High end ammo box...

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

High end ammo box...

Postby Rodentman on Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Check out this ammo box. Not available yet in pistol calibers, but save your pennies. You can have this for the poultry sum of $2,000.

That's not chicken feed either. But you get damped pistons on the lid....

http://www.technoframes.com/en/ammobox.php
Rodentman

Re: High end ammo box...

Postby ScatterGun4015 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:52 pm

you could buy a lot of cheese for that......Ill stick to my plastic boxes for a couple bucks each
Stradawhovious wrote:
So rather than just being chased by a zombie, you are now being chased by one in that's engulfed in flames? No thanks.

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!!!!
ScatterGun4015

Postby loose on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:10 pm

The guys that spend 3 grand on a mil spec ar and cry once it gets a scratch will be all over them things. I don't see the tacticoolness in it but I'm sure someone will.
loose

High end ammo box...

Postby gun_fan111 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Something is off if the box is worth more than the contents...

Now if you put a $20,000 1911 in there...
Did you just buy that beautiful firearm, or are you trying to sell that piece of crap?
gun_fan111

Postby SSBotanyBay on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:48 pm

gun_fan111 wrote:Something is off if the box is worth more than the contents...

Now if you put a $20,000 1911 in there...

Going to take more than Black Talons to exceed 2K in content value.
"There is nothing more uncommon than common sense."---Thomas Chalmers
SSBotanyBay

Postby crbutler on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:20 pm

You could get close with 100 rounds of .500 NE...

But why in god's name would you want to?
crbutler

Postby Nougat on Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:08 am

I paid 40$ shipped to get on of these from ebay and thought I was 'splurging' my free plastic cabelas one sitting on top of it makes it all work out though.
Nougat

Postby Seismic Sam on Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:02 pm

This is actually a pretty over the top business proposition, and what it really looks like is some Hustler's business plan to siphon some money off gun owners who are sooo frigging rich that they can afford to literally waste money provided it gives that extra boost to their egos. Yo!! if you got money to literally THROW AWAY on cool stuff, come see me!!

You gotta wonders how many gun owners really fit the psych profile for this kind of extravagance. It can't be too many, and there's also a big difference between spending 6 figures on a gun and wasting six figures on glitzy junk. I'm having a hard time visualizing a rich collector who would spend a high 6 figures for one of Browning's first 1911's, and that same collector wasting $2,000 for a box to hold 45 ammo for the gun.

Obviously, if you are one of the filthy rich people who needs a $2,000 ammo box to stroke their ego, ALL your friends will be in the same clique, and there ain't many groups (if any) who are gun owners like that.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby photogpat on Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:This is actually a pretty over the top business proposition, and what it really looks like is some Hustler's business plan to siphon some money off gun owners who are sooo frigging rich that they can afford to literally waste money provided it gives that extra boost to their egos. Yo!! if you got money to literally THROW AWAY on cool stuff, come see me!!

You gotta wonders how many gun owners really fit the psych profile for this kind of extravagance. It can't be too many, and there's also a big difference between spending 6 figures on a gun and wasting six figures on glitzy junk. I'm having a hard time visualizing a rich collector who would spend a high 6 figures for one of Browning's first 1911's, and that same collector wasting $2,000 for a box to hold 45 ammo for the gun.

Obviously, if you are one of the filthy rich people who needs a $2,000 ammo box to stroke their ego, ALL your friends will be in the same clique, and there ain't many groups (if any) who are gun owners like that.

I've been in a gun room in a higher end home where nothing in the entire room (except the ammo) was less than $2k....
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Erik_Pakieser on Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:00 pm

Saw their stuff at the SHOT Show last year. Very cool designs, but way too expensive.
Fight-focused defensive handgun, rifle, and shotgun training
http://www.qsitraining.net
http://www.facebook.com/qsifirearms
Erik_Pakieser

Postby LePetomane on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:27 pm

Why is everyone so concerned how others spend their $$$?

I may order one for the bunker.
Last edited by LePetomane on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Nougat on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:37 pm

the people who can buy those probably have gold or silver bullets to fill them up with, or they should anyhow? yeah that seems like the best reason to pay 2k for a see through display case to me yeah I think I've got it figured?
Nougat

Postby SSBotanyBay on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:21 pm

If I was in the position to where I could dispose of 2K all willy-nilly one of those boxes filled with some highly polished cartridges would look mighty good in place of a candy dish on top of my executive desk in my corner office. The market for these may be small but the profit margin is HUGE.
"There is nothing more uncommon than common sense."---Thomas Chalmers
SSBotanyBay

Postby AFTERMATH on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:21 pm

They'll likely make their money selling them to Hollywood as movie props... Every spy has gotta have one...
Either that, or they're planning to introduce a bill making these a storage requirement.

I suppose, one might be worth while as a storage/display if you collect rare cartridges or something.

But come on, it doesn't even appear to be water-tight!
RWVA Senior Instructor -- http://www.RWVA.org
AFTERMATH

Postby Seismic Sam on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:29 pm

Obviously not dust tight either, but if you have one of these cartridge holders then you probably already have a least a couple of these in your mansion to do the dusting...

Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Next

Return to Ammunition & Reloading