Blast from the past for the Gunstop Old Timers

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Blast from the past for the Gunstop Old Timers

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:20 am

This is for those of you that used to visit the Gunstop in Excelsior 20 years ago or more, and if you remember there was an old fart's club that had a circle of chairs in the back and would sit there and BS. There was no internet, so you had to RTFM to get anywhere, so the number of clueless n00bs who wanted to buy a 550 and get started reloading yesterday was non-existent, and John was a pretty funny guy.

I just flashed on one old guy who had a very distinctive appearance, and he always wore a pair of denim bib overalls with this pouch added going from his hips to his knees in the front of the overalls. Best I could figure without asking was that he had been morbidly obese, and as he got old his tendons and muscles all let loose, and he had this big flap of belly fat hanging all the way down to his knees. It was kind on an eerie sight when the guy came in to join the circle. It just occurred to me when I though of this that the pet hippopotamus might turn out that way in about 20 years in nothing else happens...

Hey!! You gonna eat the rest of that sammich??
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Re: Blast from the past for the Gunstop Old Timers

Postby LePetomane on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:33 am

Seismic Sam wrote:I just flashed on one old guy who had a very distinctive appearance, and he always wore a pair of denim bib overalls with this pouch added going from his hips to his knees in the front of the overalls. Best I could figure without asking was that he had been morbidly obese, and as he got old his tendons and muscles all let loose, and he had this big flap of belly fat hanging all the way down to his knees.

That's just gross. How these people can be seen in public is beyond me. Have they no shame? I love how they park in the "Handicapped Only" spots, ride on those taxpayer funded vehicles from The Scooter Store. No wonder health insurance and the cost of medical care is so high with the fit and healthy assuming the cost for slobs like that. I bet he smoked, too.
Last edited by LePetomane on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Bignuts on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:49 am

Lol was eating a sandwich while reading that. Yep it's gone.

Brett
Bignuts

Postby LePetomane on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:42 am

I hope you didn't choke on it.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Belgiboy on Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:16 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:This is for those of you that used to visit the Gunstop in Excelsior 20 years ago or more, and if you remember there was an old fart's club that had a circle of chairs in the back and would sit there and BS. There was no internet, so you had to RTFM to get anywhere, so the number of clueless n00bs who wanted to buy a 550 and get started reloading yesterday was non-existent, and John was a pretty funny guy.

I just flashed on one old guy who had a very distinctive appearance, and he always wore a pair of denim bib overalls with this pouch added going from his hips to his knees in the front of the overalls. Best I could figure without asking was that he had been morbidly obese, and as he got old his tendons and muscles all let loose, and he had this big flap of belly fat hanging all the way down to his knees. It was kind on an eerie sight when the guy came in to join the circle. It just occurred to me when I though of this that the pet hippopotamus might turn out that way in about 20 years in nothing else happens...

Hey!! You gonna eat the rest of that sammich??

Is it lonely there on your high horse?
I have a Colt Python and you don't so what do I care...

Mom, Dad.... I'm Gaelic

http://www.zazzle.com/belgiboy/gifts
Belgiboy

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:05 pm

LePetomane wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:I just flashed on one old guy who had a very distinctive appearance, and he always wore a pair of denim bib overalls with this pouch added going from his hips to his knees in the front of the overalls. Best I could figure without asking was that he had been morbidly obese, and as he got old his tendons and muscles all let loose, and he had this big flap of belly fat hanging all the way down to his knees.

That's just gross. How these people can be seen in public is beyond me. No wonder health insurance and the cost of medical care is so high with the fit and healthy assuming the cost for slobs like that. I bet he smoked, too.

With that, I'm going for a run.

Not all of us who are fat, are slobs. I've been fat nearly all of my life and until I fell off of the #2 engine pylon on a DC-9 I was extremely nimble and athletic. I could out do most of my "skinny" friends in most activities except I never could run very fast. I believe having a 26" inseam and being fat contributed to this. However, I did run at least one mile every day. I carried my PBA (Pro Bowlers Association) card for more than 20 yrs and carried a 217 Scratch Average (not bad for a fat guy huh?) and have managed 21 perfect games (300's for those non-bowlers) and have taught more than 200 adults & children the sport of bowling. I also played adult softball in the "C" class. I pitched or played 1st base until one 1998 (I was injured in 1999) and usually batted 4th because of my long ball abilities. Even though I was fat, I wrestled in high school coming in 3rd at the Fla State matches in my junior year. I was starting nose tackle (middle guard) for my high school team and made the varsity team my sophmore year and held that spot until my knee was severely damaged my junior year, ending my football playing days.

This is just a bit of what this "Fat Slob" has accomplished. Oh I forgot to mention I am also a Black-Belt in Judo. And to answer your statement, "No, this fat slob has never been afraid to show my face in public"! So, before you maje assumptions about the appearance of others, I suggest you engage your puny brain before typing on your keyboard. Oh, and this Fat Slob, now handicapped after falling more than 20' and hitting a fork lift on the way down, hit a 14" Steel Gong at 1000 yds with a 50 BMG (thanks OldmanFCSA) during my very first time EVER shooting a 50 and first time shooting 1000 yds or longer (gong was actually about 1104 yds). This "Fat Slob" has also lost 105 lbs over the last 13 months, simply by changing one medication the doctors had me taking for my pain. I'm having my damaged hip replaced in 10 days and once I'm hopefully back to walking without a cane or ctrutches, I would love to challenge your Skinny self to a long range shooting competition. Lets start at 600 yds and go further.

Sorry for the diatribe everyone. I just have to get up on my soapbox when I see Stoopid people make Stoopid Comments, when they have no idea what has happened to a fellow human being! I guess compassion, isn't in their realm of thinking. :deadhorse:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby ttousi on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:31 pm

yeah, this is going no where good
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Return to Ammunition & Reloading