WTK .22 ammo info

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

WTK .22 ammo info

Postby bobbydamit on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:17 pm

I am sure people are tired of reading about .22's, but I have not bought any for many years and was curious if anyone had any for trade for other ammo, lead or 12 ga hulls, powder 209 primers etc. Whatever you need vs what .22's you don't need amy more. If not in a trading mood, maybe some info on where is the best place to buy them, in bulk. I figured winter is the best time to look, but I could be very wrong. So let me know. Thanks
Bobbydamit
"The Devil Made Me Do It."
Geraldine
bobbydamit

Re: WTK .22 ammo info

Postby Jack's My dog on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Gander mountain seems to be the best bet for .22 that I have seen recently. I was able to pick up some Winchester 325 packs last week, with probably 50 boxes on the shelf but that was last Thursday, and they also had some CCI's. I have also seem some CCI's at Dicks.

Best advice I have received, is just keep popping in to see what is available and don't pass it up if you find it at a decent price. Good luck with the hunt!
Jack's My dog

Postby photogpat on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:04 pm

Fleet Farm Oakdale had .22 last week on Friday morning. They've instituted a 10 box limit on all purchases, which may account for why it was on the shelf.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby bobbydamit on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:50 pm

Thanks for the help. It is cheaper now to shoot reloaded .38spl's or even .45 ACP, than to shoot store bought .22's at the price they quoted me. And they were out when I called. But thanks for the help, but I guess I'll shoot anything I have, before I pay today's prices for the fun little devils.
This is really nutz. And I was upset when it went from 1.5 cents to 3 cents. Was we spoiled or what.???
Last edited by bobbydamit on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Devil Made Me Do It."
Geraldine
bobbydamit

Postby Pat on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:59 pm

bobbydamit wrote:I guess the hoarders, or the Obama lovers are still holding all the cards for now.

The hoarders are Republicans or ultra right types....
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby BigDog58 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Bobby, if you can wait until I get out of the recovery facility (in a couple weeks or less I'm hoping), I have at least one extra brick. I think it's either a 400 or 500 pack I can let you have at a decent price ( I think I paid around $24 or $25 for the :shock: m, but I'll have to check my reciepts once I get back home). If you want them PM me and as soon as I'm recovered and home I'll give you a shout.

Jim
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Return to Ammunition & Reloading