Ammunition Shortage Squeezes Police

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: Ammunition Shortage Squeezes Police

Postby Fast351 on Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:22 pm

Ahhh, so it's the procurement procedures that are causing the problems, not the supply necessarily.

Goes to show that when government gets involved, be it through price control or supply control, there is inevitably a shortage. (See 1970s gasoline as an example, or water supply during this drought, or or or...)
Fast351

Postby joelr on Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:47 pm

Fast351 wrote:Ahhh, so it's the procurement procedures that are causing the problems, not the supply necessarily.
There's no question there's supply issues -- manufacturing capacity doesn't increase automatically or immediately to meet supply, what with externalities. But governmental entities react in different ways than independent market operators do -- and, in the case of at least some of the folks quoted in the article made clear, it's often not by thinking creatively and reexamining processes or alternatives, but by whining.
joelr

Postby Pinnacle on Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:30 am

macphisto wrote:It's a Pinnacle sandwich with Joel as the bread! It gives me hope for the future.

You can poo in one hand and hope in the other and see which one fills up first.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby plblark on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:06 am

macphisto wrote:It's a Pinnacle sandwich with Joel as the bread! It gives me hope for the future.
:shock: :shock:

You're not quite all there, are you? :-) That is just SO wrong on SO many levels.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Previous

Return to Ammunition & Reloading