Precision Delta First Group Buy

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Precision Delta First Group Buy

Postby Mauser98 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:04 am

Not sure if this is the right place to put this topic.

I am wondering the status of the FGB. It's been 43 weeks since the order was placed, and they quoted BigDog58 18 weeks. The last update I recall seeing from BigDog58 was around Thanksgiving with only a partial order.

I was talking with a co-worker (different office location) and he asked if I had any experience with Precision Delta bullets. I told him I expect to some day, as I am in a group buy with the forum members. He asked when the order was placed and I told him May 1, 2013. He chuckled, and then said he placed his order just before this last Christmas, and his order was on his door step Monday evening. He said about 10 weeks total. His order was for himself and 2 friends, and was 18,000 bullets total.

I called Precision Delta to ask them about backlog and total time to complete orders. They quoted me "We are shipping orders within 6-8 weeks." :angryvillagers:

Not to put BigDog on the hot seat, but what communication have you had with Precision Delta recently? I'd gladly call them and try to get to the bottom of this, but BigDog made the order. If they won't honor the order from 10 months ago, then I think the order should be canceled, and I would like my money back. This has gone on too long, and I could have bought plenty of bullets from multiple other sources since then.

I do appreciate that you took the initiative to put this group buy together BigDog, but I think you need to pressure them more, or get the rest of the order canceled.
Mauser98

Re: Precision Delta First Group Buy

Postby CarRacer on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:07 pm

I sent Bigdog a text message yesterday and he told me PD is contacting him this week with an update.

I also feel that if they do not provide a concrete timeline then the next move should be to cancel the order. They had their chance, they screwed up and if they can't or are unwilling to fix it quickly then we should all move on. I know for a fact that Jim isn't at fault here but I also know that he's the person we handed our money to. I would hate for people's opinions to sour due to that because Jim is extremely nice.

Thanks,
James
CarRacer

Postby MnHornet on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:16 pm

The bullets will show up when they do. Anyone who wants out should give others here the opportunity to buy their shares.
I'm waiting on PD2 but would like some 230gr fmj's. PD already got a little pissed at Jim for pestering them earlier, I don't think pissing them off more will help matters. I've never had bad dealings with PD, I'm sure they are filling orders as quickly as they can.
Proud to be Deplorable.
MnHornet

Postby Mauser98 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:36 pm

CarRacer wrote:I sent Bigdog a text message yesterday and he told me PD is contacting him this week with an update.

I also feel that if they do not provide a concrete timeline then the next move should be to cancel the order. They had their chance, they screwed up and if they can't or are unwilling to fix it quickly then we should all move on. I know for a fact that Jim isn't at fault here but I also know that he's the person we handed our money to. I would hate for people's opinions to sour due to that because Jim is extremely nice.

Thanks,
James

I don't doubt Jim is a very nice guy, but why not post "that PD is contacting him next week" on the forum? I am not blaming Jim at all for the poor business practice of PD, just that the communication has lacked as of lately.

MnHornet wrote:...I've never had bad dealings with PD, I'm sure they are filling orders as quickly as they can.

How would having another customers order filled before your own order, that was placed 7+ months earlier, not qualify as "bad dealings"?
I for one will never use PD again. 40+ weeks to fill an order is complete BS, over 2X's the quoted time. Then filling and completing orders further down the queue, even worse. Fine business they are running. :roll:
Mauser98

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Well, I'm in the same boat, and the question I have is at what time do you decide that they lost an order, or confused it with another order, and the bullets are NEVER going to come?? If multiple orders were placed, and they looked anything alike, with the same Ship To: address I can see then dropping an order saying it was filled. We already know these people aren't customer friendly, and if they slipped up they sure as hell won't admit to it, even if they did want to tell somebody, and they won't even do that.

My sympathies to BigDog for being the pointy end of the spear on this, and I'll wait a while longer, but I don't have a lot of faith in PD right now.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby MarkL on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:51 pm

There's more going on than you think and it's not Precision Delta. I'll leave it to BigDog to explain, he's stated to me that he will be in contact with those that ordered.
MarkL

Postby bpacman on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:32 am

Unless you know of a source for FMJ at the price that Jim locked in, I would recommend keeping your order. I have had a primer order with MidSouth for over a year now at $26 per 1K. With today's prices it will be worth the wait, if they ever start shipping Federal Primers again.

Bp
Good Judgement comes from Experience....Unfortunately a lot of that comes from Bad Judgement.
bpacman

Return to Ammunition & Reloading