Found the .22!

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: Found the .22!

Postby Thunder71 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:41 am

I haven't seen .22 in the Walmart down here in over a year, and I check every time I go there... it's almost as if they've stopped stocking it.
Thunder71

Postby igofast on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:28 pm

The last time I was at a Walmart(check every time just as a lot here do), I asked the clerk if they were getting any in. He said they get in about a case a week(shame on me for not asking how much is in a 'case', but I'll presume it's more than 10k rounds) but it's gone in under an hour.

At this point really the only reason I'm still able to do .22 matches is because of Cabela's. I have a search alert set(from your favorite ammo search engine) and any time they post some I grab a box(usually limit 1) and have it shipped to store(otherwise shipping kills any deal). They have kept their pricing to usual markup(not Gander Mountain markup). I have found that I'm much less picky about what ammo I shoot, but will attempt to trade for what I prefer.
igofast

Postby karlobag on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:50 am

This web site is about 30% to 70% accurate, but will give you an idea of Walmart .22lr stock. Often, it will show stock that is no longer there........ The biggest thing to find out from the store is what night their shipments arrive, as the next morning they usually have all the ammo stocked on the shelves. You can also check stock on many other calibers on this web site, if you are so inclined.

http://www.ammo-can.net/stock/?st=MN&cal=22&prod=0
NRA Life Member
NRA RSO

"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
karlobag

Postby hopkins on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:06 am

I am not into hoarding, I have about 4 bricks that I bought in about 1992 when it was about 7 bucks or so. Quite a bit was given to me by shooters that were to old? to shoot any more Still shoots fine, most of it is generic which is fine for me as I only use for squirrels and such. Minuet cksp of squirrel is fine for me.
hopkins

Previous

Return to Ammunition & Reloading