.22 LR

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: .22 LR

Postby aprilian on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:56 am

I was just in Sportsman's Guide outlet and despite remodeling a half the space, they had at least 20 different types of Rem, SK, GECO, Federal, S&B, Fiochi, Aguila, CI, Eley and Armascor out where you could grab it. The only thing with a limit were the 325? count Rem hollow point boxes (1 limit). Much of the stuff shows as sold out on their web page.

The two types of SK I was looking for were not out on display, but were in back - meaning even better selection in stock.

I love the convenience of having this outlet in my back yard, even if they aren't the cheapest in the world.

Now if they would just stop tearing off the end panel when I buy full bricks!
aprilian

.22 LR

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:35 am

ranger wrote:
ranger wrote:The above ammo is back in stock right now. Also Remington Golden Bullets, $34.99/525.

I am guessing they pulled it because it was too good of a deal with $25 off...
gun_fan111v2

Postby Erud on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:41 am

If I may dare, it seems to me that this "shortage" has been over for some time. You can buy most any .22 ammo someplace or other without too much trouble. Prices are higher than they used to be, but what else would you expect? Don't threads like this where everyone tells everyone everytime they see any .22lr for sale anywhere just add to the perceived problem? :cogitating:
Erud

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:11 am

Erud wrote:If I may dare, it seems to me that this "shortage" has been over for some time. You can buy most any .22 ammo someplace or other without too much trouble. Prices are higher than they used to be, but what else would you expect? Don't threads like this where everyone tells everyone everytime they see any .22lr for sale anywhere just add to the perceived problem? :cogitating:

Please. Walk into a Walmart or a Fleet Farm and find it in stock, it is not.

Until then, it is not "over". It may never be
Holland&Holland

Postby BigBlue on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:24 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Erud wrote:If I may dare, it seems to me that this "shortage" has been over for some time. You can buy most any .22 ammo someplace or other without too much trouble. Prices are higher than they used to be, but what else would you expect? Don't threads like this where everyone tells everyone everytime they see any .22lr for sale anywhere just add to the perceived problem? :cogitating:

Yes, if you have to search around at multiple retailers that normally carry it or return to a store repeatedly to find it in stock then it is still a shortage. Not as bad as it was, but still a shortage.

BB
BigBlue

Postby aprilian on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:50 am

It's also not over until there are no retailer across-the-board limits on purchase quantities on line or in the store (like Cabela's 1200 unit limit in store and 500 on line). I can still imagine them limiting very popular items, just like they do on sales items to ensure more customers get some.

I image it will be considered over when the hoarders, preppers, flippers and those building a lifetime supply start to die off and their kids flood the market with .22lr at a lower price than in stores in order to get rid of it. Then we can all shoot a brick a day.
aprilian

Postby photogpat on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:09 pm

aprilian wrote:It's also not over until there are no retailer across-the-board limits on purchase quantities on line or in the store (like Cabela's 1200 unit limit in store and 500 on line). I can still imagine them limiting very popular items, just like they do on sales items to ensure more customers get some.

I image it will be considered over when the hoarders, preppers, flippers and those building a lifetime supply start to die off and their kids flood the market with .22lr at a lower price than in stores in order to get rid of it. Then we can all shoot a brick a day.

The next decade will be interesting as the boomers start graying out of the workforce. They'll have more time on their hands....and may shoot more.... :shock:
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby shotz90s on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:18 pm

photogpat wrote:
aprilian wrote:It's also not over until there are no retailer across-the-board limits on purchase quantities on line or in the store (like Cabela's 1200 unit limit in store and 500 on line). I can still imagine them limiting very popular items, just like they do on sales items to ensure more customers get some.

The next decade will be interesting as the boomers start graying out of the workforce. They'll have more time on their hands....and may shoot more.... :shock:

Well thanks. I was going to hold off but with all of them coming to retirement age so fast I'm going to have to purchase twice as much as I was. Darn you!
shotz90s

.22 LR

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:13 pm

shotz90s wrote:
photogpat wrote:

Well thanks. I was going to hold off but with all of them coming to retirement age so fast I'm going to have to purchase twice as much as I was. Darn you!

Please PM if you run out of storage space. I will be renting out some shelves in my basement and will take a small part of the stash in payment :)
gun_fan111v2

Postby photogpat on Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:19 pm

shotz90s wrote:

But think of all the wonderful things that'll start showing up at Garage Sales and Gun Shows.... :lol:
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby shotz90s on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:03 pm

photogpat wrote:
shotz90s wrote:

But think of all the wonderful things that'll start showing up at Garage Sales and Gun Shows.... :lol:

My Lord, you have a point! :shock:
shotz90s

Postby Erud on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:22 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:

So just being able to buy it is not enough? It has to be available at the store of your choice?
Erud

Postby aprilian on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:12 pm

Not at any store, but at any store which has kept a dedicated space for it in their planogram. Empty shelves are expensive to retailers.
aprilian

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:07 pm

Erud wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

So just being able to buy it is not enough? It has to be available at the store of your choice?

It needs to be in a store I can get to without driving for an hour or having to order online. Wal-Mart used to actually carry .22 if you remember.
Holland&Holland

Postby Erud on Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:17 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Erud wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

It needs to be in a store I can get to without driving for an hour or having to order online. Wal-Mart used to actually carry .22 if you remember.

In that case, carry on with the updates every time it is spotted anywhere. You guys are the Paul Revere of the .22lr apocalypse!
Erud

PreviousNext

Return to Ammunition & Reloading