.22 LR

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: .22 LR

Postby Ghost on Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:34 pm

Ironbear wrote:
Ghost wrote:Neckbeards will be there camping the night before :lol:

OK... so I had to look it up....
"Neckbeard" is a pejorative term and stereotype... and by extension, to a stereotype of overweight, unkempt internet users with extreme and unpopular political views. The "neckbeard" stereotype is also associated with comic books, Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, Otaku subculture, My Little Pony, The PowerPuff Girls, Steven Universe, The Loud House, Gravity Falls, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, and PC gaming.

Based on that, I'm having trouble with why the "Neckbeard" contingent would be camping out at FF... or are they have some kind of Black Friday blowout on My Little Pony and PowerPuff Girls underwear?

They are also the people who watch for Walmart trucks to arrive and buy the bulk packs as they are putting them in the ammo case. Ammo neckbeards are different than bronies.
Ghost

Postby Erud on Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:52 pm

Ghost wrote:
Ironbear wrote:
Ghost wrote:Neckbeards will be there camping the night before :lol:

OK... so I had to look it up....
"Neckbeard" is a pejorative term and stereotype... and by extension, to a stereotype of overweight, unkempt internet users with extreme and unpopular political views. The "neckbeard" stereotype is also associated with comic books, Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, Otaku subculture, My Little Pony, The PowerPuff Girls, Steven Universe, The Loud House, Gravity Falls, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, and PC gaming.

Based on that, I'm having trouble with why the "Neckbeard" contingent would be camping out at FF... or are they have some kind of Black Friday blowout on My Little Pony and PowerPuff Girls underwear?

They are also the people who watch for Walmart trucks to arrive and buy the bulk packs as they are putting them in the ammo case. Ammo neckbeards are different than bronies.

They also don't typically self-identify as neckbeards, or even recognize the neckbeard culture. Which has me suspicious of Ironbear... :cogitating:
Erud

Postby Ghost on Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Erud wrote:They also don't typically self-identify as neckbeards, or even recognize the neckbeard culture. Which has me suspicious of Ironbear... :cogitating:

The plot thickens
Ghost

Postby Ironbear on Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:07 pm

Erud wrote:
Ghost wrote:They are also the people who watch for Walmart trucks to arrive and buy the bulk packs as they are putting them in the ammo case. Ammo neckbeards are different than bronies.

They also don't typically self-identify as neckbeards, or even recognize the neckbeard culture. Which has me suspicious of Ironbear... :cogitating:

OK. I had to look up "bronies" as wel.... :shock: Well... what can I say.... the web has some dark corners!

Personally I find myself suspicious of those who know about Neckbeards and Bronies, without having to look them up!!!

As for "neckbeard"... the "bear" part of my moniker didn't happen by accident... it would take a good bit of trimming to reduce me to a mere "neckbeard". :D
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby linksep on Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:38 pm

Neckbeard - noun, informal:

Lance_Waldroup.jpg
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:58 pm

linksep wrote:Neckbeard - noun, informal:

Lance_Waldroup.jpg

Dammit, How did you get my picture? Did OldmanFCSA slip it to you?
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby LePetomane on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:46 am

linksep wrote:Neckbeard - noun, informal:

Lance_Waldroup.jpg

BigDog, is that you? That is exactly how I pictured you.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:59 am

Are there people who shoot that much or are the constructing houses out of surplus ammo so when they die cooking off round from the burning ammo house will propel them into orbit?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby ranger on Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:02 am

ex-LT wrote:
Erud wrote:Better get up early if you want to beat the neckbeards!

I live two miles from the Lakeville FF, and I'm typically up before 6:00. I figure I might as well give it a shot.

Well, did you make it to Fleet Farm this A.M and get some .22 Black Pack ammo?
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Postby Rotary12 on Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:18 pm

Grayskies wrote:Sorry to have to ask this, but...

Whats with the unavailability of .22 LR?
I saw lots of it at Cabelas in Woodbury today.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Rotary12

Liberate the U.S.
Support the Constitution
Remember 19 April 1775
Rotary12

Postby Currahee on Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:04 pm

Palmetto has a good deal on ELEY right now. Cheapest I could find anywhere with free shipping options.

I bought a few boxes of ELEY Force.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ammunition/rimfire-ammunition.html?manufacturer=1836
Currahee

Postby Ghost on Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:08 pm

Ghost wrote:
Scratch wrote:https://palmettostatearmory.com/federal-22-lr-36-grain-cprn-1600-round-bulk-pack-788bf.html

PSA has 1600 rounds of Federal for 59.99 with a 20.00 rebate brigning it to 39.99/1600 and free shipping.

.024 per round!

And there’s the .02 I was waiting for, cases ordered. Thanks

Mine arrived!!!
Ghost

Postby Scratch on Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:38 pm

mine came too!
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Re: CCI .22LR Black Pack

Postby Ghost on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:16 pm

ranger wrote:
Scratch wrote:https://palmettostatearmory.com/federal-22-lr-36-grain-cprn-1600-round-bulk-pack-788bf.html

PSA has 1600 rounds of Federal for 59.99 with a 20.00 rebate brigning it to 39.99/1600 and free shipping.

.024 per round!

Saw the following on another forum and thought it was interesting.

"To me these look to be CCI mini-mags based on ma96782's review photos. I believe
the H14Z104 lot number indicates CCI factory, made on August 14, 2018. Mini-Mags
are the only CCI 36gr 1260fps CPHP. The bullets look like Mini-Mags, not like the
bulk federal bullets in the 525 packs, plus the clear plastic CCI tray."

Thanks for the photo. Good Info. That is a definitely a "CCI Lot Number" and CCI packaging. There are also some
other Federal "load numbers" that are made at the CCI factory.

Interesting analysis here

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Interesting-observation-on-the-Federal-1600-round-Black-Pack-788BF-22LR-ammo/5-2168748/
Ghost

Postby ranger on Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:38 pm

Federal "Black Friday" Black Packs are still in stock (barely), at Outdoorlimited for $55.00 (before the rebate). Item must be purchased by 2 December to qualify for the $20 rebate.

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/rimfire- ... 00-rounds/
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Ammunition & Reloading