.22 LR

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: .22 LR

Postby mrp on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:34 am

SuperHerb wrote:A little late to be of any use.........but this was last Thursday lunchtime at the Blaine Fleet Farm. 100 rnd CCI SV & Minimags for $7.49, Win Super X for $6.69 and Fed Automatch 325 for $17.79. I just about fell over seeing that much .22 and at good prices too. Got one of each and my coworker went after work and they still had all 4 kinds in stock (and had restocked the Automatch from when I took the picture).

Wonder if this is a sign of things to come or I stumbled upon a magic unicorn.

The Lakeville FF limits you to one box of .22 per day, not one of each.
mrp

Postby ex-LT on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:42 am

mrp wrote:
SuperHerb wrote:A little late to be of any use.........but this was last Thursday lunchtime at the Blaine Fleet Farm. 100 rnd CCI SV & Minimags for $7.49, Win Super X for $6.69 and Fed Automatch 325 for $17.79. I just about fell over seeing that much .22 and at good prices too. Got one of each and my coworker went after work and they still had all 4 kinds in stock (and had restocked the Automatch from when I took the picture).

That's not true. On Saturday, I picked up a 100-round box of CCI Mini-mags (40 gr solids), and a 50-round box of Federal Champions (40 gr solids, IIRC) on the same ticket.
I had to go back later in the day, and picked up another box of the Federals and a 100-round box of 36 gr hollow-point Mini-mags, too.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby mrp on Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:54 pm

ex-LT wrote:
mrp wrote:

That's not true. On Saturday, I picked up a 100-round box of CCI Mini-mags (40 gr solids), and a 50-round box of Federal Champions (40 gr solids, IIRC) on the same ticket.
I had to go back later in the day, and picked up another box of the Federals and a 100-round box of 36 gr hollow-point Mini-mags, too.

Yesterday I went up to the register with a 100rd box of CCI, a 325 box of whatever, and a 50 rd box. All different products. The guy at the checkout said only one box of .22lr. I pointed out that I only had one box of each product. He asked the front desk manager, who said one box. I asked her to check with the sporting goods desk. Word came back: Only 1 box of .22lr - not one of each brand or type or product. I pointed out that the signs in the ammo department were on a product-by-product basis, and did not say only one .22lr product purchase per day. No luck.

If you got through with more than one box of .22lr either your cashier didn't know what their policy was or my cashier, the cashier at the next lane over, the front desk, and the sporting goods desk didn't know what their policy was. I'm guessing it's the former.
mrp

Postby 870TC on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:07 pm

As of this morning Lakeville FF has changed the sign....one box of .22lr per day.
870TC

Postby ex-LT on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:10 pm

mrp wrote:
ex-LT wrote:
mrp wrote:The Lakeville FF limits you to one box of .22 per day, not one of each.

Yesterday I went up to the register with a 100rd box of CCI, a 325 box of whatever, and a 50 rd box. All different products. The guy at the checkout said only one box of .22lr. I pointed out that I only had one box of each product. He asked the front desk manager, who said one box. I asked her to check with the sporting goods desk. Word came back: Only 1 box of .22lr - not one of each brand or type or product. I pointed out that the signs in the ammo department were on a product-by-product basis, and did not say only one .22lr product purchase per day. No luck.

If you got through with more than one box of .22lr either your cashier didn't know what their policy was or my cashier, the cashier at the next lane over, the front desk, and the sporting goods desk didn't know what their policy was. I'm guessing it's the former.

Cashiers. I had to go back later in the day, and picked up another 50-pack and a 100-pack of CCI HPs. However, IIRC, they consider anything 100 rounds or over a "bulk" pack, and that may be where you ran afoul of the rule, as they limit you to one bulk pack per visit.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby SuperHerb on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:31 pm

mrp wrote:

I was debating with the guy drooling over the ammo with me that the sign appeared to me indicate one box per each product so he went and asked the sporting goods counter person and they said it was indeed one per product and the cashier at the front of the store didn't even bat an eye with my 4 different boxes of .22 at check out nor did the cashier that checked out my coworker later in the day . Sucks that they have different rules for different stores. Individual store mangers must get to make policy on that.

Prior to this lucky trip of plenty, a policy of one box of .22 or a policy of one of each type would have gotten me the exact same result.........one box of .22!
SuperHerb

Postby ranger on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:38 pm

Was at FF in Brooklyn park today around high noon. An employee was stocking the shelf with a bunch Mini-Mags... (36gr and 40gr), CCI Stingers and Winchester 100 round slides. His stock cart was still half full, but I didn't hang around long to see what else he was stocking. Anyways, $7.49 for a slide of Mini's is a great price these days.
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Postby karlobag on Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:03 pm

Still about 3 dozen HP and 2 dozen 40 grain RN Mini'mags at the Brooklyn Park FF at 1:00 this afternoon. HP's were $7.49 and the Copper RN's were $7.39 each. Limit one box per customer.
NRA Life Member
NRA RSO

"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
karlobag

Postby grimbeaver on Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:19 am

karlobag wrote:Still about 3 dozen HP and 2 dozen 40 grain RN Mini'mags at the Brooklyn Park FF at 1:00 this afternoon. HP's were $7.49 and the Copper RN's were $7.39 each. Limit one box per customer.

Still quite a few when I was there at 6:00 last night too. Wife was with me so got two (she will probably be shooting both anyways). Cashier made me pay for them separately which was a minor annoyance.
grimbeaver

Postby tator2k on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:16 am

I didn't see anyone being limtied to one box per day at the Lakeville store. Guys where walking out with 5-6 100 rd boxes at a time.
tator2k

Postby BigBlue on Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:25 pm

Cabelas in Rogers is actually quite well stocked with 22 bulk packs right now, including Win M-22, Rem Thunderbolts, Win 333 packs, and others.

BB
BigBlue

Postby Tronster on Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:34 am

-deleted- Cabela sales expired
Last edited by Tronster on Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tronster

Postby ranger on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:16 am

CCI hp mini's up at Gander, $7.99. Limit 5. Need $50 for free shipping.
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/p ... PaDy_XrQSQ

Also CCI 40 gr's are up. Easy to get free shipping now.
https://secure.gandermountain.com/modpe ... x&i=413582

And Federal Champion 50 counts.
https://secure.gandermountain.com/modpe ... w&i=443265
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Postby ranger on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:14 pm

Mass ammo has CCI .22LR SV Lead Round Nose 40 GR (#0035) 5000rd CASE- NO LIMITS- FREE SHIPPING! $425. Not the best deal but available. They also have some overpriced minis.

http://massammo.com/cci-22lr-lead-round ... pping.html
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Postby ranger on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:48 am

ranger wrote:
ranger wrote:CCI Holiday packs up at Gander, $29.99 and free shipping. Limit 1.
https://secure.gandermountain.com/modpe ... s&i=927273

CCI Holiday pack back up again, free shipping with a $50 order now.

Also, CCI Standards.
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/p ... dBZe3fa0Bg
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Ammunition & Reloading