Bulk Pistol Bullets

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Bulk Pistol Bullets

Postby Hyperlight66 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:08 am

I'm asking what and where do people get their bulk .380/9mm pistol bullets? This is for 100% target practice and punching holes in paper.

All the bullets I've been looking at are either FMJ or Plated. I'm shooting them down a stock glock barrel, so i'm not interested in lead bullets. I want them coated/plated/jacketed with copper or something to prevent leading in barrels.

i bought a 250 pack of the berry's bullets and will be using those to load my first batches of .380 rounds. I just bought them at the local Cabelas, but in the future i want to buy them by the 500/1000 bulk packs online to save money.

Are X-Treme Bullets just as good as Berry's? Are the Montana Gold bullets worth the extra money?

Thanks!
Hyperlight66

Re: Bulk Pistol Bullets

Postby Jackpine Savage on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:33 am

I've been buying from Precision Delta: https://precisiondelta.com/
Jackpine Savage

Postby ex-LT on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:40 am

If you like the Berry's, why not get them directly from their website?

Other places I have used:
Precision Delta
Precision Bullets
TJ Conevera
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Hyperlight66 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:51 am

If you like the Berry's, why not get them directly from their [url=http://www.berrysmfg.com

I wanted to try a 250 before ordering a lot of them. Berry's have free shipping over $75, so if I would have only ordered one box of 250 i would have had to pay shipping. I was at Cabelas and seen them there, 100% impulse buy and thinking to myself "hey, need some of those".
Hyperlight66

Postby Ghost on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:17 am

Ghost

Postby LarryFlew on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:33 am

Best Berry's prices.

http://www.tjconevera.com/index.html
http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

I was not impressed with the Xtremes I tried. Switched from my many year favorite Montana gold to Berry's HBRN's.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby ex-LT on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:27 pm

Hyperlight66 wrote:
If you like the Berry's, why not get them directly from their [url=http://www.berrysmfg.com

I wanted to try a 250 before ordering a lot of them. Berry's have free shipping over $75, so if I would have only ordered one box of 250 i would have had to pay shipping. I was at Cabelas and seen them there, 100% impulse buy and thinking to myself "hey, need some of those".

Sorry about that, I misread your original post, thinking you were looking for a source for them in bulk.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Been a fan of Berry's for a bit now. Hard to beat there prices on plinking rounds. Anyone know of less expensive rounds than Berry's for plinking? Have found a few places, some mentioned here, a bit cheaper than Berry's web site but have to watch out for those high shipping charges.
Bearcatrp

Postby Sigfan220 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:43 pm

Precision Delta and Montana Gold have worked well for me. If you get cases Montana Gold is OK on the price.
Sigfan220

Postby Bessy on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:54 pm

I've loaded a variety of plated projectiles. Berry's are the WORST IMHO. Very thin plating. If you over crimp the platting will strip and you will get tumbling/ and crap ton of leading.

I know you are running a glock barrel but I would still recommend a moly coated projectile. They are less temperamental that plated projectiles, and unlike lead should work in your glock barrel.

I've had great luck with

http://www.bayoubullets.net/
http://www.precisionbullets.com/

I load both the above for use with a polygonal barrel and have had GREAT results. In excess of 10k a year through one barrel no sign of buildup or leading.

If you want to go with plated bullets i'd look at http://www.rainierballistics.com/ , or xtrememe.
In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

Postby SIGP240 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:54 pm

Before you load mass quantities of Berrys HBRN, Please be sure to test fire a small batch, with the best crimp and powder choice and OAL. you the accuracy, recoil, feeding and ejection behavior needed! Berrys, if not custom loaded to your specific gun may not give you a tight group. This is on reason why I went back to the Lee 102grain .380 Mould and hand cast. My SIG 230 is nearly a one-hole gun with lead bullets: conversely, Berrys would disappoint me. Conserve your resources and time and do a trial loading and fire from a rest
Proudly launching lead from a Swiss P-240 at a range near you.
SIGP240

Postby SIGP240 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:54 pm

Before you load mass quantities of Berrys HBRN, Please be sure to test fire a small batch, with the best crimp and powder choice and OAL. you the accuracy, recoil, feeding and ejection behavior needed! Berrys, if not custom loaded to your specific gun may not give you a tight group. This is on reason why I went back to the Lee 102grain .380 Mould and hand cast. My SIG 230 is nearly a one-hole gun with lead bullets: conversely, Berrys would disappoint me. Conserve your resources and time and do a trial loading and fire from a rest
Proudly launching lead from a Swiss P-240 at a range near you.
SIGP240

Postby MXGreg on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:04 pm

I switched from Berry's to Xtreme bullets for a couple reasons. Berry's are rated for up to 1250fps and Xtremes are rated for 1500fps. Not a big deal if you're loading for handgun only, but I was loading for carbines also. Xtremes seem to have a thicker/tougher plating. Also got sick of every box of Berry's 230gr .45s being busted open by the time they arrived. Xtreme packages their bullets a lot better. Xtreme's prices are a little lower too, but their shipping is $5 reguardless of order amount.
MXGreg

Postby Deputyhiro on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:08 pm

I shoot a lot of xtreme. Great bullets at a great price.
It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
Deputyhiro

Bulk Pistol Bullets

Postby jshuberg on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:31 pm

I had been using Berry's, but switched to Montana Gold. Decent price if you buy a case of 4000. It's a pretty heavy box though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Next

Return to Ammunition & Reloading