Leupold 8.5X25X50 is home and where it belongs.

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: Leupold 8.5X25X50 has been returned.

Postby Seismic Sam on Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:12 pm

I hope the kid's dad grills the little bastard unmercifully and either grounds his sorry ass or sends him to juvy. A $2000 scope is felony class weight. Plus ripping off the neighbor next door who is 6'8" and 365 lbs and has A LOT MORE more 50 cal weapons than I do is just begging for it......
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby FJ540 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:55 pm

Glad you got the perp. Hopefully the neighbor will own up to the damage his twerp did and make it right.
FJ540

Postby linksep on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:48 pm

bigscoop wrote:Was it the joyful neighbor that trained her kids to scream bloody murder every time they heard you target practicing?

:rotf:

I was just going to say: "Is it the neighbor kids that scream 'guns are bad' then proceed to shoot clays and drop pellets and shot cups all over your house?"
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby crbutler on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Good for you that your property, or at least some of it, was returned.

Sometimes it happens...

At least the dad next door isn't one of those special "I know my kid, he would never do any wrong! You musta framed him!" types. Maybe the kid can still learn and become a productive human being.

With a juvenile, with the cops involved maybe the best to hope is that he will get sent to CD treatment and clean up his act.
crbutler

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:12 am

crbutler wrote:At least the dad next door isn't one of those special "I know my kid, he would never do any wrong! You musta framed him!" types.

HE is this type of Dad - and the school Superintendent.
Got the scope back because it was laying in plain sight in Dad's garage, other tools were unseen thus will probably not be returned.

I will be calling sheriff every time I see a violation by this kid and family this year. They shoot trap repeatedly over my property, I find shot cups on my driveway - I saw on google maps where they were dumping trash on back side of my property, the actually mowed a path from their place into mine for purpose of dumping trash - and many other things dog related.
OldmanFCSA

Postby FJ540 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:08 am

Sounds like you need a fence.
FJ540

Postby chopper on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:22 am

I would invest in security cameras. After having someone get in my garage I put up cameras and a couple more motion lights, it's amazing how many people walk around in the middle of the nite while your sleeping.
chopper

Postby BigDog58 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:23 pm

FJ540 wrote:Sounds like you need a fence.

Sounds like he needs a few Claymore's and some trip wires. Maybe dig a pit or two and fill with punjistick's tipped with some "special juice" :wack:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:48 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:
crbutler wrote:At least the dad next door isn't one of those special "I know my kid, he would never do any wrong! You musta framed him!" types.

HE is this type of Dad - and the school Superintendent.
Got the scope back because it was laying in plain sight in Dad's garage, other tools were unseen thus will probably not be returned.

I will be calling sheriff every time I see a violation by this kid and family this year. They shoot trap repeatedly over my property, I find shot cups on my driveway - I saw on google maps where they were dumping trash on back side of my property, the actually mowed a path from their place into mine for purpose of dumping trash - and many other things dog related.

That sucks. Takes the fun out of enjoying life when you are constantly pestered by bad neighbors. Sure you can go to war, but no one really "wins". You may need a sit down to see if he can be reasoned with maybe have a deputy present. Seems clear that they are not respecting you and your property, if it's out of ignorance, the talk should work. If they know the difference and choose to continue than you have malicious intent. Which is a different kind of conversation.

Either way, rather than just living life and enjoying it,you have to be struggling -no fun and not enjoyable. I
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Seismic Sam on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:11 pm

Maybe a picture of the satellite image from Google maps of the trash, mowed path, and property line (fence??) should be printed out in hi-rez color and put in the neighbor's mailbox???
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Leupold 8.5X25X50 is home

Postby OldmanFCSA on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:21 pm

The scope is home and back where it belongs:

OldmanFCSA

Re: Leupold 8.5X25X50 is home and where it belongs.

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:38 am

So did the kid fall down a few times before the sheriff arrived? Since the dad is kind of a jerk, would make sure the local news paper reports the crime and make sure they state it was the principles child committing the crime. Suggest you put a few field cams out in your field to catch them dumping on your land. Maybe its time to do a 50BMG gun salute from time to time to rock there world!
Bearcatrp

Re: Leupold 8.5X25X50 is home and where it belongs.

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:09 am

Yup. That is a Leupold Mk 4 with the illuminated reticle, no less....

I got a Mk 4 with the illuminated reticle on my Tromix, AND a Vari-X 3 long range scope on my 338 RUM, but not both in one scope!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Previous

Return to Ammunition & Reloading