Leupold 8.5X25X50 is home and where it belongs.

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Done Teaching Reloading - been ripped off

Postby INOR on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:57 pm

Sorry. That really sucks. I despise thieves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Re: Done Teaching Reloading - been ripped off

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:17 pm

I have always thought that what you did with the education of new reloader was extraordinarily generous and selfless. I don't blame you for stopping. For the jackass who ripped you off, I hope the realize, but I'm sure they don't, what an outright ******* thing they did. I hope you had some sort of insurance coverage to help with the loss.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby wasfuzz on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:05 pm

Sorry to hear you may have been horns-waggled, People really suck sometimes! It seems to happen the most to those of us who just don't learn and only want to help someone else!!
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby andrewP on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:41 am

yukonjasper wrote:I have always thought that what you did with the education of new reloader was extraordinarily generous and selfless.

Absolutely this. Some people's behavior is shameful. Sad that this resource will be un- or much less available to the community now, but as others have said, it's not hard to understand why.
andrewP

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:40 am

It is Deplorable, and Unacceptable, that someone would steal, from Oldman. He offers his knowledge openly and freely. He has helped many people get started reloading, and to have someone disrespect him like this, really pisses me off! He has been far more than just a friend to me, and I'll do everything in my power to try and help him figure out how this happened. More importantly, by whom.

What really chaps my butt about this, is the fact that he would have done anything in his power, to help a fellow shooter/reloader. He has given uncountable hours helping others, and if this was perpetuated by one of the one's he's helped, it is lower than low. :evil:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby brad3579 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:09 am

Very sorry to hear Doug, there is to many worthless bastards roaming this planet.
brad3579

Done Teaching Reloading - been ripped off

Postby Ron Burgundy on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:12 am

Sorry to hear this. Took a class from you years ago - it was just what I needed to get started.
Ron Burgundy

Postby Randygmn on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:28 am

Ughhhh. Spending time with you was on my to do list. I'm very sorry to hear that this happened to you. Other than capital violent crimes, there's nothing worse than a thief in my book. I've been ripped off a time or too. It's a terrible violation. That another person could feel entitled to steal another man's labor/money/property is why in days gone by, it was more socially acceptable to deliver "justice" on the spot. Think horse thieves.

I hope whoever stole your sh!t does a double overcharge on a 50BMG round and blows up his gun, blinding him in the process.
Randygmn

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:29 pm

BigDog58 brought me his case working tools for me to use.

I did find my old flash hole reamer & Chamfer tool, and my new reserve Primer Pocket uniformer tool.

At least I will be able to re-verify previous match fired brass.

Scope and a few other things still missing.
OldmanFCSA

Postby jtk5768 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:34 pm

I know I haven't really been around much lately, but I am really sorry to hear that. Doug I appreciated the couple opportunities I had to come out and have you show me the ropes. You are a wealth of knowledge. I hope a get chance to see both you and Doug again. Best wishes.
jtk5768

Scope returned - screw gun not

Postby OldmanFCSA on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:27 pm

The Leupold 8.5X25X50 Mark 4 scope has been returned, I will need to send to Leupold to verify its condition.
The neighbor kid was caught trying to get into my shop again and held for the authorities.
The Milwaukee screw gun and misc tools are still missing - I think sold to support his habit. Kid's Dad is looking for these tools and grilling his kid.
OldmanFCSA

Re: Leupold 8.5X25X50 has been returned.

Postby Randygmn on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:53 pm

This is great news. It must be a tremendous relief knowing you weren't betrayed by someone you know and/or helped.

You said this, "The neighbor kid was caught trying to get into my shop again and held for the authorities.". Would LOVE to hear more details. Mostly, were you involved?

Anyway, I don't know anyone who can afford to lose thousands of dollars worth of "important stuff". Glad you recovered some of it.
Randygmn

Postby Dakotared on Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:53 pm

Happy to hear that you found out who has been going through you stuff and it was not some one that you shared your vast knowledge with. Hope that all will turn up and a positive outcome will be had for you.
Dakotared

Postby bigscoop on Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:34 pm

Hi Doug , glad you got some stuff back. Was it the joyful neighbor that trained her kids to scream bloody murder every time they heard you target practicing? If so maybe you should tell Murphy next time he lets himself in to go after an imaginary laser pointer but give it a REAL chomp on a "sensitive area". :o
bigscoop

Postby OldmanFCSA on Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:49 pm

The return of the scope was enough, that and knowing who was involved. Was looking at a replacement scope - had not realized same scope was priced at $2099 plus 2- 4" sun screens and Leupold flip-up AlumaCaps would have been $200 more plus Burris Extreme rings.

The codes on my shop and house doors have been changed - was his downfall.

Murphy T was a great help letting me know someone was outside playing with the locks and doors. He earned a bag of treats.

Was definitely hoping it was not one of our members or a member from the other Forums I use. Kinda glad it was a neighbor kid, much easier to accept than to mistrust those who have been here for training. Hope everyone understands.

RELOADING TRAINING IS OPEN AGAIN. Will have to apologize in advance for the mess in my shop, cleaned out my mother-in-law's house after she died and most of the stuff is in my shop.
OldmanFCSA

PreviousNext

Return to Ammunition & Reloading