Advice on a used Dillon 650XL?

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Postby benny on Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:13 pm

I have an opportunity to buy a used Dillon 650XL with a case feeder, two powder measures, two or three caliber conversion heads one is set up for .45 auto and in use now, the other one that I saw is a blank head right now. There are three sets of Dillon dies sets and at least 4 other brand name die sets that I saw, a beam scale, a layman hand trimmer , there is a beeper set up on this press that I assume is a standard for a Dillon unit.

There are several hundred different bullet in multiple calibers along with corresponding cases, at least 30 different older powder kegs all are one pounders, and at my best guess several thousand primers of various sizes most of which appear to be the red boxed Federal 200 size.

I have now idea on what is a fair offer to make, I looked around on some auction sights and E-bay , the reloader set up seems to be around $450 to $500 with out the rest of the extras .

Any suggested ideas on what I should offer this guy would help me , he is a friend who inherited all this and has no desire to reload at all. I want to do right but I don't want to over pat either.

Thanks, Benny
benny

Re: Advice on a used Dillon 650XL?

Postby usnret on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:22 pm

Look up what all of it would cost on Dillon website and then offer them 1/2 to two-thirds full price for everything.
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:45 pm

Dillon keeps it value pretty well from what I have seen. If it is in very good shape I can see it retaining 70-80% of new price. If you are taking the whole package, I'd offer 70% for the convenience of it for the seller

Not sure if I would personally take the powder like this...
gun_fan111v2

Re: Advice on a used Dillon 650XL?

Postby benny on Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:25 pm

Thanks for the advice. I was just at the Dillon web sight, need to compile the pricing now.
benny

Return to Ammunition & Reloading