6.5 Creedmoor Brass

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

6.5 Creedmoor Brass

Postby AdamZ82 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:48 pm

What's the going rate for once-fired 6.5 Creedmoor brass? I've got 100 rounds of Federal AE in the factory packaging so far.

AdamZ82

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor Brass

Postby hard h2o on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:26 pm

Sounds like you need to reload it.
hard h2o

Postby AdamZ82 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:51 pm

hard h2o wrote:Sounds like you need to reload it.

I'm sure I'll get into reloading at some point, but right now I just don't have the time or space for it.
AdamZ82

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:07 pm

Consider hanging onto it until you're ready to reload. Then go see OldmanFCSA for Expert Training in Reloading. You won't find a better teacher nor a better Man.

You'll be glad you hung on to the brass.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby grimbeaver on Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:02 am

New Hornady brass is only around 50 cents a piece. So I would not expect to get much out of once fired Federal AE. As others said keep them for when you decide to reload.
grimbeaver

Postby Sammichman on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:13 pm

I'm taking my Creedmoor to Africa next trip and would buy a few empty boxes, reason being that Ammo must match the caliber gun you bring and must be in original boxes
Sammichman

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:21 am

BigDog58 wrote:Consider hanging onto it until you're ready to reload. Then go see OldmanFCSA for Expert Training in Reloading. You won't find a better teacher nor a better Man.

Had two individuals show up for training on multiple cartridges including the 6.5 Needmore. After training they also were calling the 6.5 Creedmore, the 6.5 Needmore as it showed the Need to buy more equipment to be able to make more accurate rounds.
OldmanFCSA

Postby TedSwab on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:39 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:Consider hanging onto it until you're ready to reload. Then go see OldmanFCSA for Expert Training in Reloading. You won't find a better teacher nor a better Man.

Had two individuals show up for training on multiple cartridges including the 6.5 Needmore. After training they also were calling the 6.5 Creedmore, the 6.5 Needmore as it showed the Need to buy more equipment to be able to make more accurate rounds.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND visiting OldmanFCSA to learn about reloading. I was one of the two guys that was there that day and I learned a lot from him even though I wasnt able to reload because I didnt have all of what I needed to reload. I was the 6.5 Creedmoor (Needmoor) guy. His knowledge is beyond anything I could have imagined and now that I have everything to reload and have reloaded a bit, I need to head back to get a refresher sometime here soon to make sure I am doing everything correctly.

Anyways, save the brass. You never know if you want to reload someday. If you end up shooting quite a bit, you will save a ton of money. Or see if you can get to know somebody through here and build a rapport. They may end up letting you come over and use their equipment and that way you can meet someone new and learn to reload at the same time. Just my .02
TedSwab

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:51 pm

One class isn't enough. I went a couple times. Worth every minute!
Bearcatrp

Return to Ammunition & Reloading