Teaching grandson to reload...

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Postby Rodentman on Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:41 am

I have started teaching my 3 year old grandson how to reload...He's getting the hang of it, practicing on the Lee press with no brass. He didn't have the strength to resize the 480 brass. But he is really good at finding primers I drop on the floor.

Rodentman

Re: Teaching grandson to reload...

Postby Sorcerer on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:46 pm

When his day care asks " so what did you do this weekend". Expect a visit from the county tomorrow afternoon.
Sorcerer

Postby yukonjasper on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:07 pm

Are you sure that isn't Seismic Sam?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby INOR on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:44 pm

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby smurfman on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:53 pm

That is great, I have started the same on my side. A few weeks back I had my great grandson loading 20 ga shells for me. He stayed with us for a few days last week for a soccer camp and all he wanted to do was load shells. Unfortunately, time did not work out and he did not get to load any. Maybe next time except I will have him loading 410. The wads and hulls are small enough that they are becoming difficult to grab with my fingers. His are small and dexterous enough to handle the job easily.
smurfman

Postby Grandpa Rex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 am

Be very careful!

I started my grandson early like you did...now he expends more than he reloads by far!

Net loss of rounds...net gain in fun!
If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.
Grandpa Rex

Postby Ghost on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Ghost

Postby Rodentman on Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:53 pm

The Rodentwoman does the daycare for him, so he is here almost every day. I keep the basement door locked. I have nightmares of 32 lbs of powder in a big pile on the floor, him scooping up the powder mixture with brass and trying to shove bullets into the brass. Or worse.
Rodentman

Postby OldmanFCSA on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:52 pm

Rodentman wrote:The Rodentwoman does the daycare for him, so he is here almost every day. I keep the basement door locked. I have nightmares of 32 lbs of powder in a big pile on the floor, him scooping up the powder mixture with brass and trying to shove bullets into the brass. Or worse.

As I found out two years late from my daughters ex-boyfriend, my kids got into my old powder supply and used it to kill red ants and a tree within the mound. Blew the mound, felled the tree, and found out that red ants bite when aggravated. (Imagine two teen-aged kids shedding clothes as they ran across farmyard to jump in horse tank.)

Now they both have their own reloading setups. Robbed a lot from DAD who encouraged it.
OldmanFCSA

Return to Ammunition & Reloading