What's used reloading gear worth?

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

What's used reloading gear worth?

Postby mobocracy on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:52 am

I am considering selling off my reloading setup -- Dillon XL650 with case feeder, maybe a dozen toolheads and dies mostly in handgun calibers (nearly all Dillon dies, but a couple of Redding seating dies) and a Giraud Powered case trimmer for 5.56, along with the assorted flotsam that goes with it (primer tubes, etc).

Is there much demand locally or is it something you list on E-bay? I sold my Square Deal B on Ebay about 10 years ago when I bought the XL650, but it seems awkward to package and ship.

I kind of hate to sell it, but after a few years of intensive shooting I don't use it much anymore and it seems better to sell it than have it just rot away. And of course my wife wants that corner of the garage emptied of stuff I'm not using.
mobocracy

Re: What's used reloading gear worth?

Postby OldmanFCSA on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:13 am

You could store it at my place ....... Wait, just read.

If you need it it will be setup for your use.

If I or anyone else uses it, I or they pay a user fee.
I would administer it for you and put a counter on press to count strokes or on discharge to count actual ammo produced.

Think about it.

Otherwise, I can't put a price on it without seeing all, and currently can't totally afford it due to other projects, like re-barreling my 50BMG Target rifle and changing barrels on my Ruger Mark II from 25-06 to 280 Ackley Improved.
OldmanFCSA

Postby westhope on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:45 am

What is your location?
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby aprilian on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:24 am

Wife said, "Either that reloader or I go!" I'm going to miss the sweet repeditive sound of her snoring.

I see them go on ebay with local pick up only. You can look on ebay and click on the box (on the left) to see what they have sold for recently. I think many prices on ebay are very whacked! as new HOrnady AP presses are $269 (Natchez SS deal may have ended last week) and used ones are going up towards $300.

Facebook Marketplace seems a viable alternative as I have bought a couple items through that for a good price.

Best of luck with the sale (or dating, whichever you choose).
aprilian

Postby 870TC on Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:11 pm

A rule of thumb is, that a person would be unwilling to purchase something preowned/used-not from original store etc...and pay more than 75% of its price if bought new.
870TC

Postby Stugotz on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:46 pm

Try Armslist.com in order to sell it AFTER you determine what you want for it. Remember, selling is a marathon, not a sprint!!! 8-)
Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%
Stugotz

Postby silvor on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:26 am

870TC wrote:A rule of thumb is, that a person would be unwilling to purchase something preowned/used-not from original store etc...and pay more than 75% of its price if bought new.

Dillon's hold their value well. I wouldn't take less than 75% of new for a Dillon.

That said, extra dies, toolheads, handles etc. are harder to move with the press. Someone may want your 650, but not the .40 dies or whatever. So, just list your Dillon as the basic setup and it should sell fairly quickly. Dies and extras are easy to ship and can be sold on ebay if you can't sell locally.
silvor

Return to Ammunition & Reloading