Ammo sales restricted to St. Paul

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: Ammo sales restricted to St. Paul

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:27 am

Age rules for hunting or age rules for buying ammo? In LA youth hunting is pretty much like MN, except a much larger % of the population do it. Isn't ammo purchase Federally regulated? At any rate, some lackey at Bass pro Shops probably read the wrong sentence and/or the maps, and has created this potentially statewide FUBAR. Asses need to be kicked and scrotums need to be severely twisted to bring enlightenment to the correct idjits.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby LarryFlew on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:50 am

After 3 back and forth emails still the same canned reply to check our local and state laws :roll:

3rd email reply from them is exactly the same as the 1st 2 "Thank you for the additional information. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to contact us. We are unable to ship ammunition there due to state and local laws. Please contact your local government directly for further information."

EXACTLY the reason for the original mail - THERE ARE NO LAWS LOCAL OR STATE SO MAYBE IT IS YOU THAT SHOULD BE CONTACTING THEM AS WE ALREADY HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the additional information. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to contact us. We are unable to ship ammunition there due to state and local laws. Please contact your local government directly for further information.

Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Bass Pro Customer Service <basspro@mailmw.custhelp.com>
To: larry_flewelling <larry_flewelling@compuserve.com>
Sent: Mon, Nov 27, 2017 12:53 pm
Subject: Ammunition shipping correction [Incident: 171126-001612]

Recently you requested personal assistance from our Customer Support Center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 120 hours. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To access your question from our support site, click here
Subject
Ammunition shipping correction

Response By Email (Mycah) (11/27/2017 12:52 PM)
Larry,

Thank you for the additional information. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to contact us. We are unable to ship ammunition there due to state and local laws. Please contact your local government directly for further information.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Best regards,
Mycah
Bass Pro Shops
2500 E Kearney
Springfield, MO 65898
1-800-BASS-PRO
Customer By Email () (11/27/2017 11:13 AM)
it is on ALL of your ammo

Larry

Response By Email (Scheduling) (11/27/2017 10:54 AM)
Dear Larry,

Thank you for contacting Bass Pro Shops.

If you would please contact us again with the sku number of the ammo you are attempting to purchase, as well as the zip code you want it shipped to, we would be glad to check further. It is difficult to know exactly what is going on without specifics. We look forward to hearing from you again.

Best regards,
JoAnna
Bass Pro Shops
2500 E Kearney
Springfield, MO 65898
1-800-BASS-PRO
Customer By CSS Web () (11/26/2017 07:24 PM)
Your ammunition section says no shipping to St Paul City, MN. First correction, there is no St. Paul City. There is a St. Paul but neither St. Paul nor Minnesota has any ammo shipping or owning restrictions of any kind. Curious as to how that might happen and how it should be corrected?
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:01 pm

Maybe it's time for a few well-placed picketers at the front doors of Cabela's to get the store manager's attention to these statements issued by their own corporation, with pointed questions about where St. Paul City, MN is located?? Be sure to have LOTS of copies of the reply from Bass pro shops to hand out to prospective customers...
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Ghost on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:Maybe it's time for a few well-placed picketers at the front doors of Cabela's to get the store manager's attention to these statements issued by their own corporation, with pointed questions about where St. Paul City, MN is located?? Be sure to have LOTS of copies of the reply from Bass pro shops to hand out to prospective customers...

Why don't you head over to that cool looking store in Denham springs and ask them to re-evaluate their policies. If they don't comply start a picket on behalf of the disparaged citizens of St. Paul City MN.
Ghost

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:02 pm

Ghost wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:Maybe it's time for a few well-placed picketers at the front doors of Cabela's to get the store manager's attention to these statements issued by their own corporation, with pointed questions about where St. Paul City, MN is located?? Be sure to have LOTS of copies of the reply from Bass pro shops to hand out to prospective customers...

Why don't you head over to that cool looking store in Denham springs and ask them to re-evaluate their policies. If they don't comply start a picket on behalf of the disparaged citizens of St. Paul City MN.

Because they wouldn't know that St. Paul City was a ridiculous name, and obviously a typographical error. Plus it's one of them blue liberal states, where they all talk like the Swedish Chef and go ice fishin', and why would you fish for ice when you can buy it right out of the cooler with the Abita Springs Andygator beer, which is 9.0% ABV!!! :D :) ;) :( :o :P
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby BigBlue on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:39 pm

You're all fussing about this, but in reality what does it actually mean to folks? Just that Bass Pro Shops won't ship ammo to residents of "St. Paul City, MN"? Are you reading something into this beyond that one city? And would they really impose a restriction if a St. Paul, MN, resident ordered some ammo since the city isn't technically the same? There are no BPS physical stores here in MN (and their Cabela's brand doesn't have one in St. Paul) so this seems like a moot point. Unless you're a resident of St. Paul and you really want to order ammo from them, I guess.

And yes, I totally get that if they really have a policy that is restricting sales to St. Paul it is likely in error because local municipalities can't override state laws on guns/ammo. But this seems to be a 'who cares?' scenario for the most part except to folks who want to hold their feet to the fire.

BB
BigBlue

Postby Ghost on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:08 pm

BigBlue wrote:You're all fussing about this, but in reality what does it actually mean to folks? Just that Bass Pro Shops won't ship ammo to residents of "St. Paul City, MN"? Are you reading something into this beyond that one city? And would they really impose a restriction if a St. Paul, MN, resident ordered some ammo since the city isn't technically the same? There are no BPS physical stores here in MN (and their Cabela's brand doesn't have one in St. Paul) so this seems like a moot point. Unless you're a resident of St. Paul and you really want to order ammo from them, I guess.

And yes, I totally get that if they really have a policy that is restricting sales to St. Paul it is likely in error because local municipalities can't override state laws on guns/ammo. But this seems to be a 'who cares?' scenario for the most part except to folks who want to hold their feet to the fire.

BB

Gotta keep the forum active somehow. ;)
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:13 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Because they wouldn't know that St. Paul City was a ridiculous name, and obviously a typographical error. Plus it's one of them blue liberal states, where they all talk like the Swedish Chef and go ice fishin', and why would you fish for ice when you can buy it right out of the cooler with the Abita Springs Andygator beer, which is 9.0% ABV!!! :D :) ;) :( :o :P

I think ice fishing is retarded so I agree with the coon asses on that.

Had a bad experience testing out an Abita Purple Haze while observing a homemade bikini contest at an interesting bar on Bourbon Street once. Highly recommend not drinking that, it’s disgusting. Andygator and a couple+ dozen chargrilled oysters does sound good though.
Ghost

Postby Seismic Sam on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:07 am

Bourbon street is for tourists, and tourists only - I have to agree on the Purple Haze - not sure why Abita Springs put out something like that. Abita Springs is about a 15 minute drive away from my back door, and apart from the brewery, it's sort of like Afton...
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Ghost on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:24 am

Seismic Sam wrote:Bourbon street is for tourists, and tourists only - I have to agree on the Purple Haze - not sure why Abita Springs put out something like that. Abita Springs is about a 15 minute drive away from my back door, and apart from the brewery, it's sort of like Afton...

Yeah, we used to test cranes at Patrick Fabrication, in Abita. Miss the brewpub and Rosies. The reason I was on Bourbon was we had a Houstonian with us and one of the coon ass's I was with. his son was the bartender, free drinks all night long after a generous feast of crawfish.
Ghost

Ammo sales restricted to St. Paul

Postby dismal on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:41 pm

Just wondering, has a St. Paul resident attempted to purchase ammo? I'm assuming that any block would be automated, and since they're not a resident of "St. Paul City", there shouldn't be a problem...
dismal

Postby karlobag on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:41 pm

Maybe shippers are taking this St Paul City ordinance:

"Sec. 225.04. - License required to sell firearms.
(a) No person shall engage in the business of selling or dealing in firearms or ammunition in Saint Paul without first obtaining a license to do so from the city council. The fee for such license shall be established by ordinance as provided in section 310.09(b) of the Legislative Code. (b) Upon application for issuance or renewal of license the licensee shall provide to the division his name, address and location of his business. (c) Such license may be revoked by the council for violation of any ordinance or law related to the conduct of the business. (C.F. No. 07-116, § 1, 2-28-07)"

to mean that they cannot sell ammo to persons in St. Paul, without having a permit from the city first!
NRA Life Member
NRA RSO

"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
karlobag

Postby wasfuzz on Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:21 pm

[quote="karlobag"]
"Sec. 225.04. - License required to sell firearms.
(a) No person shall engage in the business of selling or dealing in firearms or[b] ammunition[/b] in Saint Paul without first obtaining a license to do so from the city council. quote]
Wonder how the gun shows at the Civic Center got by that? many dealers set up there!
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby xd ED on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:45 pm

dismal wrote:Just wondering, has a St. Paul resident attempted to purchase ammo? I'm assuming that any block would be automated, and since they're not a resident of "St. Paul City", there shouldn't be a problem...

Your post piqued my curiosity. so I found some reasonably priced SD pistol ammo, and figured I see what would happen; I went through the ordering process...price wasn't ridiculous, and shipping was free.... and now
I just got the notice it shipped to my home in St Paul proper...so....
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby ttousi on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:59 pm

I live in St Paul.....anybody want to test and ship to me?.......My fee would be half of the product :mrgreen:
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

PreviousNext

Return to Ammunition & Reloading