Ammo sales restricted to St. Paul

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Ammo sales restricted to St. Paul

Postby Chunkychuck on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:02 am

I got an email from Bass Pro shops about some one day only prices. It showed some Fed. copper plated 38 grain LR22 in 275 bulk boxes for 14.97. I selected a couple of boxes and then read the restrictions.

Notice--Ammunition.
Ammunition is restricted from sale to CT, DC, IL, MA, NJ, NY, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Oakland, Carson, Santa Ana, Sunnyvale, Marin County, San Francisco, CA, New Orleans, LA, St. Paul City, MN, Philadelphia, PA and Washington DC. You must be 18 or older to purchase ammunition, and 21 or older to purchase handgun ammunition. For safety reasons, we do not accept returns on ammunition.

I don't live in St. Paul so it is not a problem. But when did this restriction start and does anybody know why it might have started?
Chunkychuck

Re: Ammo sales restricted to St. Paul

Postby Randygmn on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:26 am

Chunkychuck wrote:I got an email from Bass Pro shops about some one day only prices. It showed some Fed. copper plated 38 grain LR22 in 275 bulk boxes for 14.97. I selected a couple of boxes and then read the restrictions.

Notice--Ammunition.
Ammunition is restricted from sale to CT, DC, IL, MA, NJ, NY, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Oakland, Carson, Santa Ana, Sunnyvale, Marin County, San Francisco, CA, New Orleans, LA, St. Paul City, MN, Philadelphia, PA and Washington DC. You must be 18 or older to purchase ammunition, and 21 or older to purchase handgun ammunition. For safety reasons, we do not accept returns on ammunition.

I don't live in St. Paul so it is not a problem. But when did this restriction start and does anybody know why it might have started?

Wow, nice catch. Appears to me that you should call Bass Pro and find out if they are claiming this is legislative or their own policy. You can lead by telling them what a huge inconvenience this has been as a long time customer, living on a fixed income and temporarily handicapped with health issues :lol:
Randygmn

Postby bstrawse on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:31 am

Please call Bass Pro and find out the reason for their restriction and report back. This is news to me and the Gun Owners Caucus.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby xd ED on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:38 am

I emailed their customer service. They auto responded that I'll have an answer within 24 hrs.
It's a policy unique to BPS, even their new affiliate, Cabela's doesn't subscribe.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby bstrawse on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:45 am

xd ED wrote:I emailed their customer service. They auto responded that I'll have an answer within 24 hrs.
It's a policy unique to BPS, even their new affiliate, Cabela's doesn't subscribe.

Thanks!
Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Ghost on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:10 am

Does St. Paul City exist?
Ghost

Postby Chunkychuck on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:32 am

I just talked to Bass Pro Shops. The CS agent did not know. She said they do not have anyone to ask answer a question on restrictions. She suggested I google it. I did and came up with a couple of contradictory stories about a lead ammo ban the DNR is/was pushing on state land. I'm going to guess whoever added the restriction didn't see that it was applicable to lead shot only. My guess is all they read was lead ammunition and so placed the restriction. I did find another supplier, Field Supply, with a mailing address of Bath, PA that has the same restriction
Chunkychuck

Postby bstrawse on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:29 am

Chunkychuck wrote:I just talked to Bass Pro Shops. The CS agent did not know. She said they do not have anyone to ask answer a question on restrictions. She suggested I google it. I did and came up with a couple of contradictory stories about a lead ammo ban the DNR is/was pushing on state land. I'm going to guess whoever added the restriction didn't see that it was applicable to lead shot only. My guess is all they read was lead ammunition and so placed the restriction. I did find another supplier, Field Supply, with a mailing address of Bath, PA that has the same restriction

The DNR lead ban was prohibited in the last legislative session - at least for now. They have definitely been pushing it though..

B
bstrawse

Postby xd ED on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:59 am

xd ED wrote:I emailed their customer service. They auto responded that I'll have an answer within 24 hrs.

From BPS:

Edward,

Thank you for contacting basspro.com. Your business is truly appreciated. I regret to inform you that we are unable to ship ammunition there due to state laws. You may contact your local government for further information.
Please keep us in mind for your future outdoor needs.
Best regards,
Mycah
Bass Pro Shops
2500 E Kearney
Springfield, MO 65898
1-800-BASS-PRO

Being neither a customer of BPS, nor a great consumer of store-bought ammo, I won't be pursuing this.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:56 am

xd ED wrote:

From BPS:

Edward,

Thank you for contacting basspro.com. Your business is truly appreciated. I regret to inform you that we are unable to ship ammunition there due to state laws. You may contact your local government for further information.
Please keep us in mind for your future outdoor needs.
Best regards,
Mycah
Bass Pro Shops
2500 E Kearney
Springfield, MO 65898
1-800-BASS-PRO

Being neither a customer of BPS, nor a great consumer of store-bought ammo, I won't be pursuing this.

But,

http://fortune.com/2017/09/26/bass-pro-and-cabela-merger/

Bass Pro Just Completed a $4 Billion Deal to Buy Cabela's
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:04 am

Ghost wrote:
Bass Pro Just Completed a $4 Billion Deal to Buy Cabela's

And Cabela's sells ammo in Minnesota....
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby yukonjasper on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:20 am

So what is the State law that is keeping them from shipping ammo? Are they misinformed? Seems like something that they should have figured out.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby xd ED on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:28 am

yukonjasper wrote:So what is the State law that is keeping them from shipping ammo? Are they misinformed? Seems like something that they should have figured out.

Clearly they are misinformed/ uninformed;
their policy imposes a regulation on a city that doesn't exist citing a state law that doesn't exist.
It will be quite a hole they dig if they impose this bs on Cabela's... a sporting goods store that promotes hunting and shooting, but won't sell ammo...yeah, that'll work.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby crbutler on Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:14 pm

It probably has to do with our age rules.
crbutler

Postby bstrawse on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:20 am

yukonjasper wrote:So what is the State law that is keeping them from shipping ammo? Are they misinformed? Seems like something that they should have figured out.

There isn't one. We're going to follow-up but in the end it's the company's decision.
b
bstrawse

Next

Return to Ammunition & Reloading