My best reloads ever

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

My best reloads ever

Postby hard h2o on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:22 pm

I had my best day ever yesterday. Probably ho-hum to some of you but I left the range with a warm fuzzy feeling.

Looking at loading something up for the deer season and I remembered a comment I received here last year that I should use the 180 gr Nosler in the .300 WSM and the 180 gr Sierra Game King in the .30-06. I had them reversed.

So I looked up Nosler (nice of them to have their data online) and saw that in there testing with the 180 gr Accubond in the .300 WSM that Hybrid 100V was the most accurate powder. I just happen to have a good stock of that powder.

I loaded up the 180 gr Accubond in WInchester cases on top of 62.5 gr of H100V capped with a WInchester WLRM primer.

After I finished working the ranges at OGC yesterday I took my Savage 11 in .300 WSM out to the 50 yard range.

I shot a few to zero and then here is the last target at the 50. That is a 3 shot group.

I think I can tighten up that group at 100 yards. Long day and I was getting tired.

I gave the scope turret one click to the left and headed to the 100 yard range. I only shot 3 rounds and I thought they were good so I packed up and went home before I did something to ruin a good thing.

3 round burst at 100 yard range.
hard h2o

Re: My best reloads ever

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:14 am

Nice grouping. It's definitely "Minute of Deer" :cheers:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Return to Ammunition & Reloading