Nosler load data

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Nosler load data

Postby hard h2o on Thu May 02, 2019 9:42 pm

I am not sure if it is me or the site.

Nosler has free load data on their site. I have used it before.

Now when I try it will not let me switch tabs to the data for heavier bullet.

I am specifically looking to go to the tab for the .30-06 for the 150-168 grain.

I have the 165 grain Accubond I will be trying in my Weatherby Vanguard.

If anyone is willing to try it and let me know if it is just me or not I would appreciate it.
hard h2o

Re: Nosler load data

Postby BigDog58 on Thu May 02, 2019 11:22 pm

It's not just you, it's their web site. I just tried, and it won't change to the 168 gr, nor any other.

You could use other load data with similar weight projectiles, such as Hornady or Berger etc..

I have the Nosler 7 Reloading manual. The page in the manual covers 165/168 gr. Let me know what powder you plan to use, and if it's covered in their manual, I can post their loads (or I cam pm it to you). If you send me your email address I can also take a picture of their page, and email it to you.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby VMAX97 on Fri May 03, 2019 8:40 am

If anyone has Nosler load data for the heavier 223 loads, I would like a copy. My old copy does not have what I need.
VMAX97

Postby OldmanFCSA on Fri May 03, 2019 10:23 am

I hate to take over for Seismic Sam, but GO BUY a proper reloading manual and READ it.

These companies spend huge amounts of time and money to develop the loading data for you to use. So use it. Getting all your data off the internet will get you burned sooner or later. Getting your data off a company website is better but will not give all the info that is available within a good reloading manual.

RTFM = Read The Finest Manual you can find - it has data in it beyond belief, especially if you load more than two cartridge types. If you have an older manual, update it by buying a newer latest version, It will have the newer data for the latest projectiles currently in use by the company. At last count I load or have loaded 47 different cartridges and have 11 reloading manuals of different brands with newer versions of most brands of the common projectiles I use.

I'm done now.
OldmanFCSA

Postby hard h2o on Fri May 03, 2019 11:12 am

OldmanFCSA wrote:I hate to take over for Seismic Sam, but GO BUY a proper reloading manual and READ it.

These companies spend huge amounts of time and money to develop the loading data for you to use. So use it. Getting all your data off the internet will get you burned sooner or later. Getting your data off a company website is better but will not give all the info that is available within a good reloading manual.

RTFM = Read The Finest Manual you can find - it has data in it beyond belief, especially if you load more than two cartridge types. If you have an older manual, update it by buying a newer latest version, It will have the newer data for the latest projectiles currently in use by the company. At last count I load or have loaded 47 different cartridges and have 11 reloading manuals of different brands with newer versions of most brands of the common projectiles I use.

I'm done now.

They do spend a lot of money on developing and publishing their data. It is very kind of Nosler to allow their data to be used FREE OF CHARGE.

This is load data directly from the manufacturers site. Did I mention it is from Nosler's own site? It is not from some yahoo on an obscure hunting forum.

I reload or have reloaded for only 4 or 5 cartridges. I own 3 reloading manuals. I do not experiment. I never stray much near maximum loads. I prefer to use manufacturers data and even then I cross reference powder company data versus bullet company data.

My next step will be to use my existing resources to find a nice starting load using existing data for projectiles of the same weight and then working up until I am comfortable with the accuracy and absence of warning signs.
hard h2o

Postby hard h2o on Fri May 03, 2019 11:14 am

BigDog58 wrote:It's not just you, it's their web site. I just tried, and it won't change to the 168 gr, nor any other.

You could use other load data with similar weight projectiles, such as Hornady or Berger etc..

I have the Nosler 7 Reloading manual. The page in the manual covers 165/168 gr. Let me know what powder you plan to use, and if it's covered in their manual, I can post their loads (or I cam pm it to you). If you send me your email address I can also take a picture of their page, and email it to you.

Thanks. I used the contact from on their website. They replied that it was not a problem on their end. I tried it on my personal laptop, phone, and my workstation at work. None would bring up the data I need.

If I was loading 110 grain pills in the .30-06 I would be fine because it is stuck on that tab.

I will let you know if I need to take you up on your kind offer. Thanks for confirming that it is not just me.
hard h2o

Postby hard h2o on Fri May 03, 2019 11:18 am

What does having all those manuals do for you if I can possibly get the data for the 3 or 4 cartridges I load for for free?

I have manuals. I have read them. I also have other resources for reloading process questions.

Is the data in the paper manual better than the data a manufacturer publishes electronically?

What do you do when a publisher updates data? They publish a new book that you may or may not buy. They publish the data on a website that is instantly available.
hard h2o

Postby VMAX97 on Fri May 03, 2019 1:18 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:I hate to take over for Seismic Sam, but GO BUY a proper reloading manual and READ it.

I'm done now.

I rotate buying the manuals, I have Lee, Hornady, Lyman, Sierra and and old speer plus some caliber specific manuals, so sorry if I asked about Nosler data but I didn't think I need to buy everybody's manual every year.
VMAX97

Postby crbutler on Fri May 03, 2019 1:51 pm

I looked on my phone just now. I had no problems getting to .30-06 165/168 data by caliber (cartridge didn’t work at all)
crbutler

Postby BigDog58 on Fri May 03, 2019 1:57 pm

VMAX97 wrote:If anyone has Nosler load data for the heavier 223 loads, I would like a copy. My old copy does not have what I need.

Nosler #7 Manual, only goes up to 64 gr in .223 Remington

In 5.56 mm NATO they go up to 77/80 gr. If either of those will help, let me know and I can take a picture of the page and email to you (same as I offered hard h20)
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby grimbeaver on Thu May 09, 2019 6:24 am

So for those curious on the technical explanation the browser debug console tells me...

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://load-data.nosler.com/load-data/30-06-springfield/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script 'http://www.noslermedia.com/skin/frontend/nosler/loaddata/jquery-1.8.3.min.js'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

jQuery is a library for doing all sorts of things interactive. So yeah page is going to work pretty poorly without it. I submitted a Contact Us form informing them of the problem.

As for them publishing the data I have mixed feelings about that since they started doing it right after I paid for the Version 7 manual. However it's also not my go to manual after I've found a few loads that I really question. For example for 357 Magnum they list 12.3gr of 2400 with a 158gr bullet providing 1520 FPS out of an 8.3" barrel. Not a chance based on every other manual I have.
grimbeaver

Postby hard h2o on Thu May 09, 2019 11:40 am

grimbeaver wrote:So for those curious on the technical explanation the browser debug console tells me...

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://load-data.nosler.com/load-data/30-06-springfield/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script 'http://www.noslermedia.com/skin/frontend/nosler/loaddata/jquery-1.8.3.min.js'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

jQuery is a library for doing all sorts of things interactive. So yeah page is going to work pretty poorly without it. I submitted a Contact Us form informing them of the problem.

As for them publishing the data I have mixed feelings about that since they started doing it right after I paid for the Version 7 manual. However it's also not my go to manual after I've found a few loads that I really question. For example for 357 Magnum they list 12.3gr of 2400 with a 158gr bullet providing 1520 FPS out of an 8.3" barrel. Not a chance based on every other manual I have.

I am probably going to look at my current manuals and resources and get a starting load based on the bullet weight.

Thanks for the heads up on the incorrect info. That is why I always cross check when starting a new load or changing some component. Not the first time I have heard of incorrect data.

I used there data for the 180s in the .300 WSM. I started with the powder they recommended as the one they got the best accuracy from. In my initial loading and testing I settled on a load that gave me sub-MOA accuracy so I was very pleased with the Accubonds and the Nosler data. I am hoping to recreated my success with the .30-06.

Thanks for messaging them. I did as well and was just told there was no issue. I could see on several devices that there was indeed a problem.
hard h2o

Postby hard h2o on Tue May 28, 2019 9:41 pm

Looking through my manuals and data I found one of those little books that has data from a bunch of sources. Like these:

https://www.scheels.com/p/loadbooks-usa-rifle-reloading-manual/2708-LB223REM.html

I found it has the data from Nosler I am looking for.

I loaded up with IMR 4350 from 55 to 57 grains in.5 grain increments. Now I just need time to shoot.
hard h2o

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed May 29, 2019 7:19 pm

What is a “reloading manual”? :twisted:
Holland&Holland

Postby FJ540 on Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:00 pm

Looks like this is a long standing issue on their site. I was dealing with it back in March, PM'd them on Fb and never got a reply.

The work-around is pretty easy though; the load data is a .jpg file, if you go into script debugging on the main cartridge page you'll find the call out for the "tabs" and they'll have the pic file names. Swap out the correct weight in the address bar and it'll take you directly to the file on their server.

Hopefully this makes enough sense to follow.
FJ540

Next

Return to Ammunition & Reloading