Neck Turning brass prep

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Neck Turning brass prep

Postby VMAX97 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:57 am

Looking for information from the forum on neck turning.

Who is currently turning necks and what are you using to turn them? I have hit just about ever forum out there and read a ton, watched a ton of videos and wanted to find someone local that is turning necks and maybe get some hands on advice.

I purchased Peterson FAT neck brass, so turning is in my immediate future.

Thanks -Eric

for searches ( "neck turning" )
VMAX97

Re: Neck Turning brass prep

Postby BigDog58 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:39 pm

I use a K&M Neck turner with carbide cutter for trimming my 50 BMG Match Brass necks. I will also be turning necks of my 6mm BR Brass with a K&M Turner, I just haven't done it yet. I really like the quality of the K&M turners and get excellent results with them.

If I can help further, feel free to PM me and I'll give you my phone number in case you'd like to talk.

Jim
Last edited by BigDog58 on Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Re: Neck Turning brass prep

Postby OldmanFCSA on Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:03 am

Neck turning is an exercise I hate doing, but I watched a video of case necks being turned on a lathe. I am intrigued by process that I'm going to give it a try . I will report back on how it works for me doing 50BMG match quality, and then on 338 Lapua brass.

RANDY DIERKS had a video on the FCSA website, and I will continue looking for it.
OldmanFCSA

Return to Ammunition & Reloading