Looking for good deals on bulk projectiles

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Looking for good deals on bulk projectiles

Postby Scratch on Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:19 am

I 'm looking for some more range bullets. 9mm 115 gr, and 5.56 55 gr FMJ's. Am looking for bulk orders of about 10k.

For the 9mm, I've been using Berry's plated, but am open to others. I don't want to switch unless the price is substantially cheaper. I can get them for $83/1000 shipped. It looks like RMR and PD are comparable or even just a hair cheaper so I'll probably go with one of those three. (Although wasn't PD the place that screwed us over a while ago?)

For the 5.56, I was using Wolf and could get them for $199.00/4000 shipped, but that price is no longer valid. I see they are now at $246/4000 shipped.

Does anyone know of any other places cheaper for comparable bullets?

------
Found a place.
Documenting for my records.
.223 = 60.49/1k shipped (BC .245)
9mm = 75.73/1k shipped
Last edited by Scratch on Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Re: Looking for good deals on bulk projectiles

Postby usnret on Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:14 pm

I use RMR bullets.He usually has a deal on 223, 55gr fmj's for around $60.00 per 1K shipped. I use his 124gr 9mm Match winner FMJ's for 9mm. They look just like Hornady Action Pistol bullets.
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Postby andrewP on Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:38 pm

For 9mm, you can get significantly cheaper than the 8.3 cents/bullet you're quoting by going to coated bullets. http://thebluebullets.com has 115 grain 9mm round nose for ~6.3 cents/bullet when you order case quantities, and every year on Black Friday, they do 15% off, which would make it ~5.4 cents/bullet. For 10K+ bullets in a single order, they do 10% off, so while you wouldn't get all the way down to Black Friday pricing, you'd still realize significant savings vs your current Berry's plated bullets.

I've never personally used their 115 grain round nose, but the 125 grain truncated cone have become my go-to for 9mm, and while I've always been happy with them, I did appreciate it when they changed something about their process such that I no longer get "smurf fingers" from handling them. :)
andrewP

Postby Scratch on Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:05 am

andrewP wrote:For 9mm, you can get significantly cheaper than the 8.3 cents/bullet you're quoting by going to coated bullets. http://thebluebullets.com has 115 grain 9mm round nose for ~6.3 cents/bullet when you order case quantities, and every year on Black Friday, they do 15% off, which would make it ~5.4 cents/bullet. For 10K+ bullets in a single order, they do 10% off, so while you wouldn't get all the way down to Black Friday pricing, you'd still realize significant savings vs your current Berry's plated bullets.

I've never personally used their 115 grain round nose, but the 125 grain truncated cone have become my go-to for 9mm, and while I've always been happy with them, I did appreciate it when they changed something about their process such that I no longer get "smurf fingers" from handling them. :)

Dang it, I just got my order in a couple weeks ago. I was able to find them at about 7.5 cents per bullet, but I'd be willing to try Blue for cheaper. I'll try to remember this around Black Friday for next year.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby andrewP on Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:27 pm

Scratch wrote:Dang it, I just got my order in a couple weeks ago. I was able to find them at about 7.5 cents per bullet, but I'd be willing to try Blue for cheaper. I'll try to remember this around Black Friday for next year.

Sorry my reply to this thread was so late. :(
andrewP

Return to Ammunition & Reloading