Shooters World Powder?

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Shooters World Powder?

Postby minnesotatv on Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:41 am

I was browsing at Powder Valley yesterday, and ran across some blurbs about
"Shooters World" powder.

Never heard about it before. Anyone seen any reviews, or have any feedback it?
minnesotatv

Re: Shooters World Powder?

Postby hard h2o on Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:29 pm

On the Reloading Podcast they had a discussion about it. Sounds like they have a lot of powders that are comparable to existing powders.
hard h2o

Postby Dill on Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:00 am

I picked up 8 pounds of the 'precision rifle' powder that was supposed to be similar to Varget. It's..similar, but not exact. I've had great results with it in .308, wide nodes, single digit SDs, but it took almost a grain more powder to get similar velocities as Varget. Good powder, but not a drop in replacement.
Dill

Postby crbutler on Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:39 pm

I get that folks like the idea of another supplier.

Unfortunately I am a bit worried about consistent availability. Graf’s was importing some Vectan powders from France. I got a load for light target loads that I worked up.

Since then, they have not gotten another load of it, and constantly state they will “if enough interest” but have not for a year. In essence, getting a new importer gives you a substantial risk of all your development work being voided.

As long as you realize it’s a new product that requires work up, and may not continue to be available... that and without them being willing to list the actual manufacturer you really can’t get a feel for consistency of product.
crbutler

Postby smurfman on Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:09 pm

Shooter's World powders are made by Explosia of the Czech Republic who sells in the European market under the name Lovex. At least that is what is stated in the Shooter's World website in at least the loading data section. There is also a cross reference shown between the the "American" designations and the "European" ones.

I'm with crbutler though, far too often a new powder makes an appearance and then disappears once the first shipment sells off. Kind of like surplus/pull down powder. I buy any of these when I can and the price is right but generally for "plinking" purposes where OK accuracy is good enough or where a keg of powder will work up enough rounds to last me a awhile such as with obsolete cartridges.
smurfman

Postby BigDog58 on Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:04 pm

For the last two issues of the Handloader Magazine, they have had two articles about two of the Shooters World Powders. The articles give a positive lean as far as quality, and testing results. And, as smurfman posted they are made in the Czech Republic. I'm friends with a fellow shooter/reloader that lives in England and when I asked, he indicated their "Lovex" powders are quite consistent, and he indicated they are well liked over there.

I have no 1st hand knowledge of these powders Yet.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Return to Ammunition & Reloading