Selling reloading supplies locally

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Selling reloading supplies locally

Postby theflatlander on Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:07 pm

Anyone point me in another good direction besides armslist to post a new 8lb jug of imr4198? I know i can't ship it so i need to try to post it in MN for a local/meet up sale
theflatlander

Re: Selling reloading supplies locally

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:25 pm

MNGunsite.com, Gunbroker
Last edited by BigDog58 on Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Rowdy Roddy on Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:31 pm

I know i can't ship it

Can't? Shouldn't perhaps. But, can't? Meh.
Rowdy Roddy

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:40 am

Rowdy Roddy wrote:
I know i can't ship it

Getting caught shipping hazardous material without the proper certification will land you in a world of legal and civil hurt.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby xd ED on Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:42 am

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
Rowdy Roddy wrote:
I know i can't ship it

Getting caught shipping hazardous material without the proper certification will land you in a world of legal and civil hurt.

.or worse....

ValuJet Flight 592 Crash - 110 Fatalities
From Wikipedia:
However, the NTSB quickly determined that just before takeoff, 144[14] expired chemical oxygen generators, each slightly larger than the size of a tennis ball can, had been placed in the cargo compartment in five boxes marked COMAT (company material) by ValuJet's maintenance contractor, SabreTech, in violation of FAA regulations forbidding the transport of hazardous materials in passenger aircraft cargo holds.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby BigDog58 on Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:17 pm

xd ED wrote:

Getting caught shipping hazardous material without the proper certification will land you in a world of legal and civil hurt.[/quote]

.or worse....

ValuJet Flight 592 Crash - 110 Fatalities
From Wikipedia:
However, the NTSB quickly determined that just before takeoff, 144[14] expired chemical oxygen generators, each slightly larger than the size of a tennis ball can, had been placed in the cargo compartment in five boxes marked COMAT (company material) by ValuJet's maintenance contractor, SabreTech, in violation of FAA regulations forbidding the transport of hazardous materials in passenger aircraft cargo holds.
[/quote]

The Manager at VJ ordered the mechanic that packed the O2 Generators to pack them without the safeties installed. I know this as fact, because I knew the mechanic and the Douchebag Manager (Danny Gonzalez). Gonzalez was one of the major reasons I left Eastern Airlines and went to Northwest Airlines. I was a union rep at EAL, and we (Danny and I) had battles almost nightly, because he was trying to make mechanics take unsafe shortcuts. The complete story is quite entailed, but I'll just say I contacted the FAA numerous times while at EAL, and wrote several supporting letters in support of the Value Jet mechanic, before his hearing. The mechanic took the brunt on the punishment from the FAA, and once again, the manager, basically got a slap on the wrist. Even though he was the main reason all those people died.

Don't EVER ship items regarded as HAZMAT without the proper labeling and proper packaging.

PS: The Value Jet crash, was not far from the site, where the EAL L-1011, Flight 401 Crashed. I was at that crash site, less than 4 hours after it occured. Another very long and sad story.
NRA RSO

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby xd ED on Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:31 pm

BigDog58 wrote:
Don't EVER ship items regarded as HAZMAT without the proper labeling and proper packaging.

Those Oxygen Generators should not have been shipped on that (or any passenger) aircraft.

I'm pretty sure it is illegal for someone not trained, and in possession of specific HAZMAT Shipping Certifications to ship anything that is HAZMAT. A lot of places - UPS Stores, etc, cannot even accept some HAZMAT shipments to hold.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby BigDog58 on Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:23 pm

xd ED wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:

Those Oxygen Generators should not have been shipped on that (or any passenger) aircraft.

I'm pretty sure it is illegal for someone not trained, and in possession of specific HAZMAT Shipping Certifications to ship anything that is HAZMAT. A lot of places - UPS Stores, etc, cannot even accept some HAZMAT shipments to hold.

There are "Exceptions" to some of the restrictions for shipping "Company Property" on that company's aircraft. Had they had the proper "safeties" for the O2 Generators, there would not have been any issues. We shipped expired ones off of DC-9's back to MSP from ATL, all the time, on NWA MSP bound aircraft. They ALWAYS had their safeties installed.

Just remember, that every commercial jet that flies, has HUNDREDS of O2 Generators, right above passengers heads. There is a safety pin that is attached to the masks/tubing, that prevent the O2 generator from going off, until the mask is physically pulled down, and activated. They get very hot, but the PSU (Passenger Service Unit) is constructed to operate at those temps, while protecting surrounding parts from being exposed to the high temps.
NRA RSO

BigDog58

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:37 pm

Talk about thread drift. A guy trying to sell a jug of powder getting schooled on a value jet disaster.
Holland&Holland

Postby BigDog58 on Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:28 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Talk about thread drift. A guy trying to sell a jug of powder getting schooled on a value jet disaster.

Education and learning about the world around us, is a wonderful thing ;)
NRA RSO

BigDog58

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:24 am

BigDog58 wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Talk about thread drift. A guy trying to sell a jug of powder getting schooled on a value jet disaster.

True. Don’t get me wrong, I love thread drift as much as the next guy. But selling a jug of powder locally to putting oxygen on a plane within 5 posts has got to be a record for us.
Holland&Holland

Postby GoodDoctor on Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:24 am

Speaking of records . . . . .

:geek:
GoodDoctor

Postby xd ED on Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:12 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:

True. Don’t get me wrong, I love thread drift as much as the next guy. But selling a jug of powder locally to putting oxygen on a plane within 5 posts has got to be a record for us.

It's not how far a thread drifts; more how well it does so...now that we have so deftly drifted into the topic of thread drift.

We are all to be commended.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby photogpat on Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:25 pm

I DO have 20+ years in hazmat shipping, with 10 years for ammo and components. It ain’t hard to ship ammo. Primers and powder are a little more complicated.

The number of people I see suggesting criminal action for shipping of ammo and components on the various forums is just...well...dumb.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:36 pm

xd ED wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:True. Don’t get me wrong, I love thread drift as much as the next guy. But selling a jug of powder locally to putting oxygen on a plane within 5 posts has got to be a record for us.

It's not how far a thread drifts; more how well it does so...now that we have so deftly drifted into the topic of thread drift.

We are all to be commended.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :cheers:
Holland&Holland

Next

Return to Ammunition & Reloading