Annealeez

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Annealeez

Postby Rum River on Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:52 am

Have debated for a year or two on getting an annealer for myself. When I was only shooting common calibers I just rotated the brass out when too work hardened. Now I shoot/will be shooting some less common calibers where I want the brass to last a good long time.

Looked at a variety of annealers - that took a while.

Induction coil machines have a very dedicated following but there's no way I could justify the expense. That, plus the torch models seem to better lend themselves to having a feed hopper of one design or another. Now that digital control is common to set the dwell time in the flame I feel a torch design will work just fine.

So, an Annealeez is on the way - supposed to arrive in 2-3 weeks.
"Well hell boys. I'd damn sight rather be hung by my friends than by a bunch'a damn strangers."
Jake Spoon - Lonesome Dove
Rum River

Re: Annealeez

Postby crbutler on Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:30 pm

I brought the AMP induction machine for the same reason.

A bit spendy but works well.

At some point I will have to get a review up here.

You are right that the induction machines do not have a good/convenient way to automate them. AMP has a Rube Goldberg apparatus, but I didn’t get it.
crbutler

Postby Rum River on Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:04 pm

From what I found the AMP certainly seemed to be "the" induction annealer.
"Well hell boys. I'd damn sight rather be hung by my friends than by a bunch'a damn strangers."
Rum River

Postby Rum River on Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:14 am

Still waiting - from their facebook page it looks like the last batch (happened to be 300 units) was shipped out right around January 20th.
I believe mine could be in the batch they're currently working on.

No worries - it'll be cold here for a while yet.
Rum River

Postby VMAX97 on Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:24 pm

I bought the salt bath annealer myself but have not used it yet, have not shot enough brass yet.
VMAX97

Postby Rum River on Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:38 am

VMAX97 wrote:I bought the salt bath annealer myself but have not used it yet, have not shot enough brass yet.

I looked at that setup and was thinking strongly of buying.
My hands have gotten pretty stove up over the years, decided it was best in my situation to have a case feeder.
Rum River

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:44 am

Nevermind, I thought this was a discussion about relief of hemorrhoid pain....... :lol:
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:56 pm

If anyone is interested in a Salt Bath Annealing Setup, I have one that is lightly used, that I was going to put on Armslist and/or Gunbroker.

I'll make anyone from this forum a decent deal.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Re: Salt Bath Annealer - Complete Setup

Postby OldmanFCSA on Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:17 pm

I have a complete setup to do 50BMG, 338LM, 25-06, and most other cartridges.
Used once, will try to use again if it doesn't sell.

Reason for selling - my hand dexterity has diminished greatly since my mini-stroke event Jan 19th, 2021.
I also need to sell to get an automated unit - or find someone to do it for me at my Quality Standards.

Paid $275 for it - will negotiate a final deal or trade.
Last edited by OldmanFCSA on Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldmanFCSA

Postby Stugotz on Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:11 pm

I would contact Annealeez before I order one. I ordered one back on Jan. 25th. and sent them an email a week ago last Wednesday asking if they had an ETA on delivery and have yet to hear anything back. I would have thought I would have heard something more from then by now...
Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%
Stugotz

Postby Rum River on Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:59 pm

Stugotz wrote:I would contact Annealeez before I order one. I ordered one back on Jan. 25th. and sent them an email a week ago last Wednesday asking if they had an ETA on delivery and have yet to hear anything back. I would have thought I would have heard something more from then by now...

I know what you mean, tomorrow it'll be a month since I ordered mine.
In light of others saying they received no response to emails they sent to Annealeez I have not tried to contact them.
Rum River

Postby Stugotz on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:01 pm

Rum River wrote:
Stugotz wrote:I would contact Annealeez before I order one. I ordered one back on Jan. 25th. and sent them an email a week ago last Wednesday asking if they had an ETA on delivery and have yet to hear anything back. I would have thought I would have heard something more from then by now...

I know what you mean, tomorrow it'll be a month since I ordered mine.
In light of others saying they received no response to emails they sent to Annealeez I have not tried to contact them.

Rum River, have you receiver your annealer yet? I just emailed them a 2nd time asking what the status of my order is...
Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%
Stugotz

Postby Rum River on Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:56 am

Stugotz,
No.
The only communication I have received were a pair of emails that showed up immediately after completing the online purchase.
The first was an auto-receipt with details of the transaction, the second was a thank you that also said my order was in process.
Hmm, are you sure about that Annealeez?

My wife has a facebook account, roughly once a week I ask her to look for any new postings on the Annealeez page.
As many commenters on that FB page have stated, it's maddening they aren't making an effort to let customers know what's going on.

However, I noticed they took my money in a very timely and expeditious manner.
Rum River

Postby Rum River on Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:23 am

I received an email today with some good news.
My order has been processed and the shipping label created.
Tracking info is pending, shipping is to take place in the next 1-2 business days.

They had a quantity of about 200 units completed except for a single part which their vendor was late in supplying.
Based on today's email I'm assuming the parts finally arrived.

Annealeez has moved or is moving away from Facebook over to Freedom Lake instead.
Rum River

Postby Rum River on Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:34 pm

The annealer arrived yesterday. I've been sick so I haven't tried it yet.
Rum River

Next

Return to Ammunition & Reloading