Dick's Cancels Case Price Discount?

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Dick's Cancels Case Price Discount?

Postby DeanC on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:33 am

I heard from someone in my office who went to Dick's on Hopkins Xroad this weekend that they told him they no longer offer a case price discount. He said they did tell him it happened to be on sale for 10% off for 9mm and 20% off for 45acp.

Can anyone else confirm?
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Re: Dick's Cancels Case Price Discount?

Postby DeanC on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:44 am

Well, I don't know what he was talking about. They still list the case price on their flyer.

Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby nyffman on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:37 am

FWIW, if you're buying UMC .45, Walmart in Vadnais Heights had it for the equivalent price of $16.60 last week in the 250 rd packs.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby plblark on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 am

The Dick's on Hopkins Xroad are staffed by ... well ... Dicks! They refused the Coaches' coupons even though they specifically didn't say anything about ammunition. Citing "Other exclusions may apply". Funny that ... The Dick's in Rosevill and Woodbury both honored them that same day as did GANDER who price matched as well and had 12 boxes of ammunition they were only too happy to sell me.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby DeanC on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:53 am

He did manage to make use of his $10 off "no ammunition" coupon. And we just looked at his receipt. He did get the case price. Go figure.
DeanC

Postby EJSG19 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:10 pm

plblark wrote:The Dick's on Hopkins Xroad are staffed by ... well ... Dicks! They refused the Coaches' coupons even though they specifically didn't say anything about ammunition. Citing "Other exclusions may apply". Funny that ... The Dick's in Rosevill and Woodbury both honored them that same day as did GANDER who price matched as well and had 12 boxes of ammunition they were only too happy to sell me.

I had a similar experience with the Dick's (meant both the store and the employee's) in Bloomington just off 35 and 494. The long time professional dangerous game hunter and champion competition shooters (except they work at Dick's out of the kindness of their hearts) told me that the Coach's coupon was not valid on ammunition. So I said ok, give me the case anyway. Went down stairs to pay for it, slapped the Coach's coupon on the counter and the highschool kid rung it up with the coupon no question's asked.

Sometimes you get lucky with the employee you happen to get. Other times not so lucky. That was the last factory .45acp I hope to ever buy, beyond carry ammunition.
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

Postby s10trev on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:11 pm

Where do you guys find the Dick's coupons?
s10trev

Postby DeanC on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:14 pm

s10trev wrote:Where do you guys find the Dick's coupons?

http://dcsg.qualtrics.com/SE/?u1=851764 ... &SVID=Prod

DeanC

Postby ex-LT on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:36 pm

Don't know if it makes a difference (probably does), but the coupon you posted clearly states "Excludes firearms, ammunition,....."
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby xchief1 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:41 pm

I bought a case of Remmington .45 auto at the Dick's in Woodbury on Saturday. I did get the the 10% discount. The guy working there walked down stairs to the cashier to make sure I got the discount. He was very helpful. I paid $18.00/box. I was tired of running from store to store looking for ammo. It was their last case.
Luck is not a feeling, it's a way of life
xchief1

Postby DeanC on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:34 pm

MNNavy wrote:Don't know if it makes a difference (probably does), but the coupon you posted clearly states "Excludes firearms, ammunition,....."

Didn't matter yesterday. You won't know unless you try.
DeanC

Return to Ammunition & Reloading