Brass: Clean or clean enough?

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: Brass: Clean or clean enough?

Postby Belgiboy on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:23 pm

Stradawhovious wrote:
Belgiboy wrote:After doing that, I use hot water and soap to get most of the wax of and that water gets black as the darkest pits of hell.

And to Belgiboy, it might be cheating, but I just tumble my rifle brass to get rid of the case lube. It seems to work really well, and keeps my elbow grease to a minimum. :D

It's not cheating, but where is the love and dedication, huh? I caress and handpolish every piece of .223 and give them names. Ah, I remember the time I shot that 0.350" group with Vinnie, Sal, Mickey, Fat Tony and Jimmie the Weasel. ;)
I have a Colt Python and you don't so what do I care...

Mom, Dad.... I'm Gaelic

http://www.zazzle.com/belgiboy/gifts
Belgiboy

Postby hammAR on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Einthoven's Triangle wrote:Everyone has their experiences....but everyone has to sit back and learn.....at times.......but some have post drivel!

+1 ................ :cheers:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby Einthoven's Triangle on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:49 pm

The youngsters like to take cheap shots! And, they have a lot to learn. Just as we all do, but hey if they want to be poster children for smart ass morons go for it. They may well be suited for just that. And, then we have the ungreatful people that are backstabbing gotta love them! Just makes it hard to be nice to the next person. But, then when you think you know it all I suppose that is hard. Sometimes shutting up and listening is very good advice....but then well you have to have an ounce of sense! :booyah:
Einthoven's Triangle

Postby nyffman on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:13 am

I thank all of you for your input. Reading your posts is part of the process for me. I have been cleaning some of my own brass and some picked up at ranges. The 9mm brass was mostly picked up, so I have no idea on it's history other than that, for the most part, it wasn't laying around for a long time or terribly corroded. I suspect that over time I'll become more comfortable inspecting the finished product. ET, very good information, as usual. If I could add my own small piece of advice, a little drivel is ok. Anyone who's been around here knows, I've contributed my share. In the end, we are all responsible for our own outcomes. The comfort level among the members here, that sometimes leads to thread drift and allows the posting of a certain amount of drivel, is what makes this one of the best firearm related forums, certainly the best in Minnesota.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby Stradawhovious on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:52 am

Einthoven's Triangle wrote:The youngsters like to take cheap shots!
Said the pot to the kettle

And I suppose telling lies on the forum about people causing car accidents isn't a cheap shot huh? :roll:
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby hammAR on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:57 am

Stradawhovious wrote:
Einthoven's Triangle wrote:The youngsters like to take cheap shots!
Said the pot to the kettle

And I suppose telling lies on the forum about people causing car accidents isn't a cheap shot huh?

Strad, that is a personal shot.............
seems that the toddler crew are into drivel and escalation lately...for some reason I thought that it was below you........ :hammer:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby Bender on Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:35 am

Warning issued
Posting from my Blackberry while on the road.
Bender

Postby justaguy on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:18 am

Bender wrote:Warning issued

Good :!: :!: :!: :!:

I'm getting sick of people with little to no clout driveling. And yes “driveling” is a word. :rulez: :rulez: :rulez: :rulez: :rulez: :rulez:
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby DeanC on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:43 am

Einthoven's Triangle wrote:
DeanC wrote:Anybody notice ET's post count?

Least mine are relevant and not a waste of bandwidth..........

At least I'm not the devil. :D
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby Belgiboy on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:35 am

nyffman wrote:I thank all of you for your input. Reading your posts is part of the process for me. I have been cleaning some of my own brass and some picked up at ranges. The 9mm brass was mostly picked up, so I have no idea on it's history other than that, for the most part, it wasn't laying around for a long time or terribly corroded. I suspect that over time I'll become more comfortable inspecting the finished product. ET, very good information, as usual. If I could add my own small piece of advice, a little drivel is ok. Anyone who's been around here knows, I've contributed my share. In the end, we are all responsible for our own outcomes. The comfort level among the members here, that sometimes leads to thread drift and allows the posting of a certain amount of drivel, is what makes this one of the best firearm related forums, certainly the best in Minnesota.

I agree with you and apologize for the drivel :cheers: I wish I won't ever do it again.
I have a Colt Python and you don't so what do I care...

Mom, Dad.... I'm Gaelic

http://www.zazzle.com/belgiboy/gifts
Belgiboy

Postby plblark on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:42 am

Save the Drivel for this month's Fogo De Chao Last Thursday lunch :-)
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby Einthoven's Triangle on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:26 am

Hey I answered the OP's post, and I was attacked in earlier resonses to the OP's post. I did nothing to deserve the smart ass remarks from Dean, Strad, EGJ in regards this post. So, think again people! Drivel is not fine when is just a freaking wasted post to run up post counts, IMHO.
Einthoven's Triangle

Postby plblark on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:44 am

ET: It depends on what your define as Drivel and the reason for reading and participating here.

There's a definite wealth of knowledge on this board and I appreciate it. There's also a social club aspect which I think is necessary in the gun community. I seriously doubt it's post count related, I'm more inclined to see it as related to the focus of ones efforts. To educate, To seek guidance, to have fun, to poke fun at your friends. These don't need to be mutually exclusive pursuits.
Last edited by plblark on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby justaguy on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:50 am

Einthoven's Triangle wrote:Hey I answered the OP's post, and I was attacked in earlier resonses to the OP's post. I did nothing to deserve the smart ass remarks from Dean, Strad, EGJ in regards this post. So, think again people! Drivel is not fine when is just a freaking wasted post to run up post counts, IMHO.

+1
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby DeanC on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:53 am

plblark wrote:I seriously doubt it's post count related

Only when your post count is 666, THE MARK OF THE BEAST!

Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

PreviousNext

Return to Ammunition & Reloading