Exposing the wolf reintroduction to Yellowstone

Discuss all of the great hunting opportunities in Minnesota

Exposing the wolf reintroduction to Yellowstone

Postby DeanC on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:28 am

Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Re: Exposing the wolf reintroduction to Yellowstone

Postby 45usp45 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:29 pm

Thanks.
islam was founded by a violent child molester.
45usp45

Postby grousemaster on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:33 pm

DeanC wrote:A documentary: http://cryingwolfmovie.com/

Interesting film
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby LarryFlew on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:31 pm

grousemaster wrote:
DeanC wrote:A documentary: http://cryingwolfmovie.com/

Interesting film

+ big one
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby LongRange on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:54 pm

I smell agenda, half the animals shown to be killed by wolves in that movie were in fact killed by Mountain lions, cats are known for attacking to the rear quarters, watch any african lion. If you can convince me that the 3000 timber wolves in America across 9 states is responsible for heard elimination, then exlain why my wolf (yes, real wolf not hybrid, raised from birth) plays with the deer in my yard and they play back, if the deer feared wolves from experiences in the wild they would run like hell not lay down beside him.

LongRange

Postby cobb on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:17 pm

LongRange wrote:....then exlain why my wolf (yes, real wolf not hybrid, raised from birth) plays with the deer in my yard and they play back, if the deer feared wolves from experiences in the wild they would run like hell not lay down beside him.

You mean like wife's aunt in Wisconsin that had a whitetail doe that she raised and it stayed around their farm. Then for several years when it had fawns it would allow her to handle them and even bring them in the house for my kids to pet, play with and pose for pictures. Yes we have a few pictures from years passes, no BS. So deer played and posed for pictures with my son many years ago, but years later when he was hunting deer they would run like hell from him, why??? :?
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby LongRange on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:21 pm

two totally different things, first u are saying taming of a deer so it doesnt fear humans is the same as taming a wolf and the deer wont fear it? cmon, tell me thats not your comparison please. Kinda BassAckwards aint ya?
LongRange

Postby cobb on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:36 pm

LongRange wrote:two totally different things, first u are saying taming of a deer so it doesnt fear humans is the same as taming a wolf and the deer wont fear it? cmon, tell me thats not your comparison please. Kinda BassAckwards aint ya?

Nope, as much validity as your skewed example.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby Heffay on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:47 pm

I like wolves. Predators are a part of nature too. Let them be.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby bensdad on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:21 pm

Heffay wrote:I like wolves. Predators are a part of nature too. Let them be.

Sure. Let them be... hunted. They're part of nature after all.
I got nothin'
bensdad

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:33 am

LongRange wrote:I smell agenda, half the animals shown to be killed by wolves in that movie were in fact killed by Mountain lions, cats are known for attacking to the rear quarters, watch any african lion. If you can convince me that the 3000 timber wolves in America across 9 states is responsible for heard elimination, then exlain why my wolf (yes, real wolf not hybrid, raised from birth) plays with the deer in my yard and they play back, if the deer feared wolves from experiences in the wild they would run like hell not lay down beside him.

Um, where do you get your facts? According to the MN DNR we have 2921 wolves in MN right now so that means that accross the other 8 states there are only 79 so I agree with you then that 79 wolves should not present much of a problem. In MN however you may have seen what your 1 domesticated wolf does but if you have spent anytime in the North woods you would know that wolves have had an affect on deer populations. Now, do not get me wrong I am not for the elimination of wolves, just feel we should control them and manage them with hunting like we do other game. If you want them to be successful long term, let them become a prized game animal and you will see them here for a long time.
Holland&Holland

Postby rukwikenuf on Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Holland&Holland wrote: If you want them to be successful long term, let them become a prized game animal and you will see them here for a long time.

as screwed up as that sounds, it's quite true! look at the N American Buffalo, or Bison, or whatever you wanna call it. settlers drove it to the verge of extinction, activists have brought the population back up, and hunters have kept it in check
saying that guns kill people is like saying that spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

if God wanted us to drink whiskey, he would have given us stomaches

I'm a little teapot...
rukwikenuf

Postby Pred on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:41 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
LongRange wrote:I smell agenda, half the animals shown to be killed by wolves in that movie were in fact killed by Mountain lions, cats are known for attacking to the rear quarters, watch any african lion. If you can convince me that the 3000 timber wolves in America across 9 states is responsible for heard elimination, then exlain why my wolf (yes, real wolf not hybrid, raised from birth) plays with the deer in my yard and they play back, if the deer feared wolves from experiences in the wild they would run like hell not lay down beside him.

Um, where do you get your facts? According to the MN DNR we have 2921 wolves in MN right now so that means that accross the other 8 states there are only 79 so I agree with you then that 79 wolves should not present much of a problem. In MN however you may have seen what your 1 domesticated wolf does but if you have spent anytime in the North woods you would know that wolves have had an affect on deer populations. Now, do not get me wrong I am not for the elimination of wolves, just feel we should control them and manage them with hunting like we do other game. If you want them to be successful long term, let them become a prized game animal and you will see them here for a long time.

You beat me to it H&H! I was going to point out the same thing that there are 3,000 wolves in Minneosta alone. It bugs me when people post stuff and can't even get the facts straight.
http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/fish_wildl ... survey.pdf
Pred

Postby Heffay on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:47 am

rukwikenuf wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote: If you want them to be successful long term, let them become a prized game animal and you will see them here for a long time.

as screwed up as that sounds, it's quite true! look at the N American Buffalo, or Bison, or whatever you wanna call it. settlers drove it to the verge of extinction, activists have brought the population back up, and hunters have kept it in check

This seems reasonable to me.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby DeanC on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:51 am

Heffay wrote:
rukwikenuf wrote:

This seems reasonable to me.

It's true with elephants in Africa. Those countries that allow hunting have far more elephants than those with a complete moratorium.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Next

Return to Hunting