Rifle sight in location?

Discuss all of the great hunting opportunities in Minnesota

Re: Rifle sight in location?

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:13 am

25-30 minutes. It is definitely a nicer range than DCGC, although it has been a decade + since I was last there. I assume that the lease nature of DCGC land keeps them from heavily investing to achieve the same look/feel of OGC. Too bad because it is about 10 minutes from me. I was a member there and had some less than optimal encounters while using the facility ( chronicled in my early posts). I let my membership drop. There is definitely a need, since Stock and Barrelisnotideal for rifle work with limited distance ranges.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:27 am

I hear ya. I am an hour away. There are closer ranges but not nicer ones. I tend to get there about a dozen times a year
Holland&Holland

Postby hard h2o on Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:00 pm

I do not think there is a nicer, multi use, shooting facility in the area.

I am always a bit amused when people call a 30 minute drive too far. I do not mind that kind of drive.

The membership cost is speedily recouped when you consider the cost of shooting elsewhere and the facilities offered at OGC.
hard h2o

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:06 pm

hard h2o wrote:I do not think there is a nicer, multi use, shooting facility in the area.

I am always a bit amused when people call a 30 minute drive too far. I do not mind that kind of drive.

The membership cost is speedily recouped when you consider the cost of shooting elsewhere and the facilities offered at OGC.

Agreed
Holland&Holland

Postby Bergie on Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:45 pm

yukonjasper wrote:I wonder if anyone has a recommendation on where I can go to check the zero on my deer rifle this weekend. 308 at 100 yards. I'm in the south metro-Eagan.
Thanks in advance.

Yukon, if you get into a bind again, ping me and we’ll head to Post435 range….I’m in Eagan too and it takes me 27 min to get there.
Bergie

Postby yukonjasper on Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:12 pm

Bergie wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:I wonder if anyone has a recommendation on where I can go to check the zero on my deer rifle this weekend. 308 at 100 yards. I'm in the south metro-Eagan.
Thanks in advance.

Yukon, if you get into a bind again, ping me and we’ll head to Post435 range….I’m in Eagan too and it takes me 27 min to get there.

:cheers: :thankyou:
I do need to get serious about getting my Grendel build running. So, double bonus if you know about AR builds.....I am definitely a noobie on the AR platform.....and every other as well...sooooo.....thank you.
Like my Dad always said " two hearts are better than one....even if one of them is a pumpkin head........" I'll supply the Pumpkin head......
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Previous

Return to Hunting