Hunting land

Discuss all of the great hunting opportunities in Minnesota

Methods open to unskilled individuals

Postby lily2012 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:04 am

Methods open to unskilled individuals rrs usually to enhance pursuit collection very it is possible to obtain much deeper gemstones in order to my personal. May be extremely better to examine the type associated with ore are simply just before making use of your axe. features could be capture designed created with regards to.
[url=http://www.BROKEN.com/gold/Maple-Story-US.html]Cheap MapleStory Mesos[/url]

[url=http://www.BROKEN.com/]Diablo 3 Items[/url]

MOD NOTE: USER NAME & IP ADDRESS BANNED
lily2012

Re: Hunting land

Postby yukonjasper on Thu May 16, 2013 2:27 pm

don't necessarily disagree with the concept of getting some work out of people who want to use your land, however your fomula of 200 hours seems a bit excessive. That is your call, but I'd be inclined to find some state forest land, plan to hike in beyond where other hunters "who have been hunting it for years" are likely to set up and assume that for the first few times you go to those spots you're likely to get some friction. Good news is, if you are willing to shift your hunting days from the weekends to mid week, you likely will have the woods to yourself.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby FJ540 on Fri May 17, 2013 5:09 pm

You probably disagree with people charging 50/k for primers too. You want prime, you gotta give something for it. I don't charge people for staying at the cabin either - that's worth $150/night right there.
FJ540

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri May 17, 2013 7:54 pm

spyder357 wrote:Hunting is just getting crazy expensive. South Dakota pheasant hunting is the same way. Used to be (all of 10+ years ago) that you could go door to door and have a reasonable chance of walking some land.

This year, went 0 for 14 on getting access to land. Talked to several people living out in the sticks who didn't own land and the neighbor farmers wouldn't even let them hunt a few birds without paying hundreds of dollars. I blame leases for causing this issue, every year I see more and more outfits that lease land and basically keep all non paying (and low paying) hunters off the land. I see the same thing with deer hunting in Minnesota, I know several guys who've had places they've hunted for years booted off because someone else can pay (much) more.

I cant say I blame land owners, if they can get the money for it good for them. Its there land to make a living from. It is however, turning hunting into a rich mans sport.

I gotta disagree. I have deer hunted public land in MN exclusively until the last couple of years and have had fairly decent success. The key is you have to be willing to work for it, you have to be willing to go where others will not. Hunt the river bottoms and drag your trophy up a step slope, fight through the brambles, but it is there. I finaly went privite because I could afford it and wanted to create a specific experiance for my kids. Hunting public land you need to be able to read people as well as deer sign, use their tendencies to drive the deer to you. You may have to get up hours before the rest of the pack but it can be done and success can be sweet.
Holland&Holland

Postby dubya on Sat May 25, 2013 5:29 pm

Anyone tried that public land across the street from SRO in Oak Grove? That's 7 miles from my house but I haven't been in there yet. I think it's fairly new as well.
dubya

Postby rockcreek on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:37 pm

If you look at Texas or most of the southeast US, you will appreciate how much public land we have in MN. Nearly everything down there is private/corporate owned with steep lease fees. There is plenty of game on public land in MN, but you have to work for it. Most guys want to drive 30 minutes from home, park their truck and walk 100 yards into the woods. I have hunted private land every year, but shot my biggest buck, and my only turkey on public land. If you are willing to drive a bit further, and walk through the thick stuff farther than everyone else, and sit in your stands longer you will have success. Think about it- most private land that a few guys can afford to lease is what 40-120 acres? There are public lands with tens of thousands of acres within an hours drive of the cities, and most of that not easily accessible by road sees very light pressure. There is also a lot of small 10-80 acre parcels that are tax forfeited, county, or DNR managed that aren't posted with bright yellow "hunting allowed" signs. Get some plat maps and do some scouting.
rockcreek

Postby norman426 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:09 pm

Dang people pay to hunt on land?
A quick search on cl a guy is asking 1,000 for use of 20 acres?
Yikes
Is that average to pay?
We rent crop land to farmers for almost that price
norman426

Postby tabberski on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:20 pm

I hunted Whitewater State Part down in Elba for 20 years, it is a younger mans hunt because of the bluffs. But fantastic hunting of all game if your willing to work for it. Plenty of room also. Just be mindful of the Asian hunting areas. We don't cohabitate/hunt well together. By the way excellent trout fishing also. :secret:
tabberski

Postby fishdude on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:29 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:I gotta disagree. I have deer hunted public land in MN exclusively until the last couple of years and have had fairly decent success. The key is you have to be willing to work for it, you have to be willing to go where others will not. Hunt the river bottoms and drag your trophy up a step slope, fight through the brambles, but it is there. I finaly went privite because I could afford it and wanted to create a specific experiance for my kids. Hunting public land you need to be able to read people as well as deer sign, use their tendencies to drive the deer to you. You may have to get up hours before the rest of the pack but it can be done and success can be sweet.

I agree and I do plan on driving 1.5-2 hours north and hiking in a ways on public land this fall, but I can't do that all the time. For a lease, I'm looking for something within 30 minutes from home so I can get out there after work during the week, at least until the time changes.
fishdude

Previous

Return to Hunting